- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Backcasting of Future Energy Service Industry based on Energy-A ICBM technology Convergence
에너지-지능정보기술 융합에 따른 미래 에너지 서비스 산업 예측 연구
- Lee, Jungwoo (Graduate School of Future Strategy, KAIST) ;
- Yang, Jae-Suk (Graduate School of Future Strategy, KAIST)
- Received : 2018.05.08
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
The convergence of intelligent information technology and energy technology affects many stakeholders because it involves not only technology itself but also social, institutional and organizational changes. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a back-casting approach to create a new industry that deviates from the path dependence on the traditional energy industry. This study examines the changes in the future energy industry that intelligence information technology will bring, and then we derived the future energy service model that can satisfy the energy policy goals from the national perspective and the interests of each stakeholder at the same time. After that, we analyzed the technical prerequisites for the realization of future energy services and presented the specific configuration technology and the areas that require R&D investment at present.
Supported by : KAIST
- I. H. Ha. (2009). What is the future studies. Seoul : ilsongbook.
- T. Kuosa. (2011). Evolution of futures studies. Futures, 43(3), 327-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2010.04.001
- K. Kumar, (2009). From post-industrial to post-modern society: New theories of the contemporary world. New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons.
- Y. G. Choi. (2012) The power to predict the future. Paju : Sallimbooks.
- K. Hobson & N. Lynch. (2016). Diversifying and de-growing the circular economy: Radical social transformation in a resource-scarce world. Futures, 82, 15-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2016.05.012
- K. Schwab. (2017). The fourth industrial revolution. New York : Crown Business.
- M. Lorenz, M. Russmann, R. Strack, K. L. Lueth & M. Bolle. (2015). Man and machine in Industry 4.0: How will technology transform the industrial workforce through 2025. The Boston Consulting Group. https://www. bcgperspectives.com/content/articles/technology-business-transformationengineered-products-infrastructure-man-machine-industry-4.
- Y. Kishita, B. C. McLellan, D. Giurco, K. Aoki, G. Yoshizawa & I. C. Handoh, (2017). Designing backcasting scenarios for resilient energy futures. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 124, 114-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2017.02.001
- K. Panetta, (2017). Gartner's top 10 strategic technology trends for 2018. Gartner.
- D. Rotman. (2018). 10 breakthrough Technologies 2018. MIT technology review.
- J. W. Gu, J. H. Lee, M. S. Chung & J. Y. Lee. (2017). Electric Vehicle Technology Trends Forecast Research Using the Paper and Patent Data. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 165-172. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.165
- Ministry of Science and ICT. (2017). The innovation growth engine policy, http://english.msit.go.kr/english/msipContents/contentsView.do?cateId=msse56&artId=1379308
- International Energy Agency. (2017). Digitalization of Energy. Special reports. http://www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/DigitalizationandEnergy3.pdf
- N. Agarwal & A. Brem. (2015). Strategic business transformation through technology convergence: implications from General Electric's industrial internet initiative. International Journal of Technology Management, 67(2-4), 196-214.
- J. T. Hyun. (2017) The Fourth Industrial Revolution of Major Countries and Korea's Growth Strategy. Sejong : Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
- S. K. Jin & M. S. Nang. (2018). The Challenges of Public Policy Management for the 4th Industrial Revolution. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(4), 39-47. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.4.039
- O. Wyman. (2015). World Energy Trilemma Priority Actions on Climate Change and How to Balance the Trilemma. London: World Energy Council.
- J. Lee & J.-S. Yang. (2017). Strategic R&D Budget Allocation to Achieve National Energy Policy Targets. SSRN(Online), https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2909823
- Korea intitute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning. (2017). A Study on the Innovation of Energy Technology Development for the 4th Industrial Revolution. Seoul : KETEP.
- M. Iansiti & K. R. Lakhani(2017). The truth about blockchain. Harvard Business Review, 95(1), 118-127.