- Volume 31 Issue 3
At present, most of school mathematical terms in elementary and secondary curriculums of Korea are Sino-Korean words. 1964 Mathematical Editing Material, which aimed to unify mathematical terms into mainly Sino-Korean words, was considered a key factor for this situation. 1964 Editing Material depended heavily on 1956 Mathematical Terminology, which contains a lot of Korean native words and displays the school mathematical terms after 1945. There are many Korean native words in the Second Mathematical Curriculum. This shows that Korean native words of mathematics had been consolidated to some extent at that time. In North Korea, a lot of Korean native words are still used in mathematics. Some Sino-Korean words were recently changed to Korean native words in South Korea. 1956 Mathematical Terminology tells the method to make Korean native words of mathematics and will be an excellent guide for making Korean native words.
- CHOI Yong-gi, A Study on the History of the Language Policy in South and North Korea, Doctorate Thesis, Grauate School, Dankook University, 2001.
- Do Jonghoon, PARK Ji Hyun, Analysis of changes in expression of school mathematics terminologies from the syllabus period to 2007 curriculum, Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics 23(4) (2013), 491-503.
- HER Min, A note for Sino-Korean terminology of mathematics, J. Korean Soc. Math. Ed. Ser. E Communications of Mathematical Education 30(2) (May 2016), 121-138.
- KIM Heung Ki et al, A study on the revision on mathematics glossary, The Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics XIII(2) (May 2003), 179-225.
- KIM J. B., On the mathematical terminology, The Mathematical Education 1(1) (1963), 13-14.
- Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science & Creativity, The Editing Material for Textbooks (Basic Science), 2012.
- Korean Language Society, The Fifty Year History of the Korean Language Society, 1971.
- Korean Mathematical Society, Mathematical Glossary, 1996.
- LEE Dae-ro, The Trace of Independence Movement of Korean Language and Literature, Jisik-Sanup Publications Co., LTD, 2008.
- Ministry of Education, The Terminology of Mathematics, Architectural Engineering and Civil Engineering, The Establishing Commission for Scientifcal and Technical Terminology, 1956.
- Ministry of Education, The Mathematical Terminology, Eomoongak.
- Ministry of Education, The Curriculum of Elementary School, Middle School, High School, 1963.
- Ministry of Education, The Mathematics Curriculum of Elementary School, Middle School, High School, The Mathematical Education 1(1) (1963. 3), 15-31.
- Ministry of Education, The mathematical terminology, The Mathematical Education 1(2) (1963. 9), 19-27.
- Ministry of Education, The Editing Material 5 (1964),
- Ministry of Education, The Editing Material III (Basic Science), 1987.
- Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development, The Editing Material for Textbooks III (Basic Science), 2004.
- Ministry of Education, Mathematics Curriculum, Announcement of Ministry of Education No. 2015-74. 2015.
- Ministry of Education, The Editing Material for Textbooks (Basic Science/ Information), 2015.
- National Institute of The Korean Language, Korean Standard Unabridged Dictionary, http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr.
- PARK Ji Hyun, Study on the Transition of Mathematics Terminologies in Mathematics Curriculum and Textbook, Master's thesis, Graduate School of Education, Seowon University, 2011.
- PARK Kyo Sik, A Study on characteristics of actual state of school mathematics terms in North Korea, Journal of Korea Society of Educational Studies in Mathematics School Mathematics 7(1) (2005), 1-15.
- PARK Kyung Mee, A comparative study of school mathematics terminology in Korean, Chines and Japanese, J. Korean Soc. Math. Ed. Ser. A: The Mathematical Education 43(4) (2004), 337-347.
- PARK Kyung Mee, YIM Jae Hoon, A semantic investigation of geometric terminology in school mathematics, Journal of the Korea Society of Educational Studies in Mathematics VIII(2) (Dec. 1998), 565-586.
- PARK Moonwhan, A Comparative Study on the Secondary School Mathematics Education of South and North Korea, Doctorate Thesis, Grauate School, Seoul National University, 2001.