- Volume 7 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Physiological Functionalities and Anti-oxidant activity of heated radish extract
- Kim, Hyun-Kyoung (Department of Food Science and Engineering, Seowon University)
- Received : 2018.04.26
- Accepted : 2018.05.14
- Published : 2018.06.30
This study proceeded an experiment that can increase such physiological properties of heated radish extract. During the extraction of radish, including the byproduct, an increase in antioxidant properties of radish according the heating temperature was performed. Upon the extracts of radish bark and radish green extract(mucheong), the physiological functionalities and antioxidant activity were investigated. As a result, the color of radish ethanol extract in dependence of heating temperature, showed light brown color at low heating temperature and black color from
Anti-Oxidant Activity;Heated Radish Extract;PolyPhenol;Functionality
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation
- J. S. Jung, J. Kwon, S. H. Jung, M. W. Lee, V. Mariappan, and J. S. Cha, "Impact of SV40 T antigen on two multiple fission microalgae species Scenedesmus quadricauda and chlorella vulgaris," International Journal of Advanced Smart Convergence(IJASC), Vol.6, No.1, pp.82-88, March 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2017.6.1.82. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2017.6.1.82
- E. G. Ahmed, and H. Y. Seung, " Impact of SV40 T antigen on two multiple fission microalgae species scenedesmus quadricauda and chlorella vulgaris," International Journal of advanced smart convergence(IJASC), Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 48-63, June 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2018.7.1.7. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2018.7.1.7
- H. J. Jeon, J. Hafeez, A. Hamacher, S. Lee, and S. C. Kwon, " A study on the quality of photometric scanning under variable illumination conditions," International Journal of advanced smart convergence(IJASC), Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 88-95, June 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2017.6.4.13. https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2017.6.4.13
- B. H. Ryu, , "Antioxidative activity of flavonoids toward modification of human low density lipoprotein," J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr., Vol. 12 , No. 3, pp. 320-327, June 1999. DOI: 10.3746/ jkfn.19184.108.40.2060.
- J. Y. Son, H. S. Son, and W.D. Cho, "Antioxidant effect of onion skin extract," Korean J. Soc. Food Sci., Vol.14, No.1, pp.16-20, February 1998. DOI: 10.3746/jkfn.19220.127.116.11.
- K. H. Ku, K. A. Lee, and Y. E. Kim, "Physiological activity of extracts from radish(Raphanus sativus L.) leaves," J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., Vol.37,No.3, pp.390-395, June 2008. DOI: 10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.3.390. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.3.390
- M. Jung, G. Lee, and H. J. Chae, "In vitro biological activity assay of ethanol extract of radish," J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., Vol.47, No.1,pp.67-21. December 2004. DOI: 10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.4.490. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.4.490
- S. H. Lee, I. G. Hwang, Y. R. Lee, E. M. Joung, H. S. Jeong, and H. B. Lee, J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., " Physicochemical characteristics and antioxidant activity of heated radish(Raphanus sativus L.) extracts," Vol.38, N0.4, pp.490-495, July 2009. DOI: 10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.4.490. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.4.490
- Y. Park, S. G. Park, T. B. Ryu, and S. Park, "Comparison of carotene and sugar contents of domestic and abroad carrot cultivars," J. Sci. Technol., Vol.4, pp.7-11, June 1997. DOI: recordID=KR200510673.
- M. S. Jung, G. S. Lee, and H. J. Chae, "In vitro biological activity assay of ethanol extract of radish," J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., Vol.47. No.1, pp.67-71. December 2004. DOI: recordID=KR200510673.
- K. S. Woo, K. I. Jang, K. Y. Kim, H. B. Lee, and H. S. Jeong, "antioxidative activity of heat treated licorice(Glycyrrhizuralensis Fisch) extracts," Korean J. Food Sci Technol., Vol.38,No.3, pp.355-360 , June 2006. DOI: 10.3746/jkfn.2006.38.3.355.
- J. R. Morris, W. A. Sistrunk, J. Junek, and C. A. Sims, "Effect of fruit maturity, juice storage and juice extraction temperature on quality of Concord grape juice," J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., Vol.111, Vo.5, pp.742-745, November 1986. DOI: recordID=US8722674.
- V. Dewanto, W. Xianzhong, and R. H. Liu, "processed sweet corn has higher antioxidant activity," J. Agric. Food Chem., Vol.50, pp.4959-4964, August 2002. DOI: 10.1021/jf0255937. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0255937
- M. S. Blois, "Antioxidant determination by the use of stable free radical," Nature, Vol.181, pp.1199-1203, April 1958. DOI: 10.1038/1811199aO. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- S. Markland, and G. Marklund, "Involvement of the superoxide anion radical in the antioxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutasw," J. Eur. Biochem., Vol.47, pp.469-474, June 1974. DOI: 10.1.1.473.9830. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1974.tb03714.x
- D. W. Cushman, and H. S. Cheung, "Spectrophotometric assay and properties of the angiotension-Converting enzyme of rabbit lung," Biochem. Pharmacol., Vol. 20, No.7, pp.1637-1648, July 1971. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(1)90292-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(71)90292-9
- D. A. Kleinsek. R. E. Dugan. T. A. J. W. Baker and Porter, "2-Hydroxy-2-Methyglutaryl coenzyme A reductase from rat liver," Meth. Enzymol., Vol. 71, pp.462-479, February1981. DOI: 10.1.1.473.9830.
- D. H. Lee, J. S. Lee, S. H .Yi, and J. S. Lee, "Production of the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor from yarrowia lipolytica S-3," Mycobiology, Vol.36, No.2, pp.102-105, May 2008. DOI: 10.4489/ Myco.2008.36.2.102. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2008.36.2.102
- KI. Fayek, and ST. EI-sayed, "Purification and properties of fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus subtilis," Z. Allg. Mikrobiol., Nol.20, No.6, pp.375-382, January 1980. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1002/jobm.19800200603. https://doi.org/10.1002/jobm.19800200603