- Volume 7 Issue 2
In VANET, frequent movement of nodes causes dynamic changes of the network topology. Therefore the routing protocol, which is stable to effectively respond the changes of the network topology, is required. Moreover, the existing cluster-based routing protocol, that is the hybrid approach, has routing delay due to the frequent re-electing of the cluster header. In addition, the routing table of CBRP has only one hop distant neighbor nodes. PCBRP (Paired CBRP), proposed in this paper, ties two clusters in one pair of clusters to make longer radius. Then the pair of the cluster headers manages and operates corresponding member nodes. In the current CBRP, when the cluster header leaves the cluster the delay, due to the re-electing a header, should be occurred. However, in PCBRP, another cluster header of the paired cluster takes the role instead of the left cluster header. This means that this method reduces the routing delay. Concurrently, PCBRP reduces the delay when routing nodes in the paired cluster internally. Therefore PCBRP shows improved total delay of the network and improved performance due to the reduced routing overhead.
VANET;AODV;Cluster Based routing;AD HOC Networks;PCBRP
- Perkins CE and Bhagwat P, "Highly Dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector Routing(DSDV) for Mobile Computers", In proceedings of ACM Sigcomm, 1994.
- C.E. Perkins, E.M. Royer and S. DAS., "Ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing", RFC3651[S], July 2003.
- M. Jiang, J. Li and Y.C Tay, "Cluster Based Routing Protocol(CBRP)", Internet Draft draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt, August. 1999.
- M. Chatterjee, S. K. Sas and D. Turqut, "An on - demand weighted clustering algorithm(WCA) for Ad Hoc Networks", In proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM, pp. 1697-1701, 2000.
- Seyed Amir Ali Ghafourian Ghahramani, Ali Mohammad Afshin Hemmatyar and Kaveh Kavousi, "A Network Model for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: An Introduction to Obligatory Attachment Rule", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 82-94, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSE.2016.2566616
- Manish Mallick, Subarna Shakya, Surendra Shrestha, and SeongsooCho, "Handling Of Sensitive Data With the Use of 3G in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks," IJIBC, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 49-54, August, 2016. DOI: http://www.ijibc.org/pop/ijibc/sub05.pop
- Zahid Khan, Pingzhi Fan and Sangsha Fang, "On the Connectivity of Vehicular Ad Hoc Network Under Various Mobility Scenarios", IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol 5, pp. 22559-2565, October 2017.