- Volume 18 Issue 6
This study is designed to examine the effects of transformational and transactional leadership on organizational commitment. A survey questionnaire is used to gather the data while judgement sampling was utilized to choose the respondents. The results from the study indicate that transformational leadership is found to positively affect emotional and normative commitment respectively. Using multiple regression, it is also found continuance commitment is not related to transformational and transactional leadership. The study partially supports the model that perceived leadership affects organizational commitment. It is proposed that transactional leadership appears to be a more useful predictor of organizational commitment. Given the findings of this study, firms are provided with insights into how transformational and transactional leadership may contribute to managing workers' organizational commitment.
Supported by : 배재대학교
- J. A. Conger and R. N. Kanungo, "Toward a Behavioral Theory of Charismatic Leadership in Organizational Settings," Academy of Management Review, Vol.12, No.4, pp.637-647, 1987. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1987.4306715
- J. M. Burns, Leadership, New York: Harper & Row, 1978.
- E. D. Dimaculangan and H. M. Aguiling, "The Effects of Transformational Leadership on Salesperson's Turnover Intention," International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol.3, No.19, pp.197-210, 2012.
- S. K. J. Lee and K. Yu, "Corporate Culture and Organizational Performance," Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.19, No.4, pp.340-359, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940410537927
- J. P. Meyer and N. J. Allen, "A Three Component Conceptualization of Organizational Commitment," Human Resource Management Review, Vol.1, No.1, pp.61-89, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- K. A. Arnold, J. Barling, and E. K. Kelloway, "Transformational Leadership or the Iron Cage: Which Predicts Trust, Commitment and Team Efficacy?," Leadership and Organization Development Journal, Vol.22, No.7, pp.315-320, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000006162
- N. P. Podsakoff, J. A. LePine, and M. A. LePine, "Differential Challenge Stressor-hindrance Stressor Relationships with Job Attitudes, Turnover Intentions, Turnover, and Withdrawal Behavior," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.92, No.2, pp.438-454, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.92.2.438
- C. L. Pearce and H. P. Jr. Sims, "Vertical Versus Shared Leadership as Predictors of the Effectiveness of Change Management Teams," Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, Vol.6, No.2, pp.172-197, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-26220.127.116.11
- B. M. Bass and B. J. Avolio, Improving Organizational Effectiveness through Transactional Leadership, CA: Sage, 1994.
- S. J. Jaros, J. M. Jermier, J. W. Koehler, and T. Sincich, "Effects of Continuance, Affective and Moral Commitment on the Withdrawal Process," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.36, No.5, pp.951-995, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/256642
- A. M. Garcia-Gabrera and M. G. Garcia-Soto, "Organizational Commitment in MNC Subsidiary Top Managers," The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.23, No.15, pp.3151-3177, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2011.637057
- M. E. Bergman, "The Relationship between Affective and Normative Commitment: Review and Research Agenda," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.27, No.5, pp.645-663, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.372
- 최윤정, 박영임, 정계현, "조직몰입에 대한 개념분석," 한국간호교육학회지, 제20권, 제2호, pp.276-287, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2014.20.2.276
- A. E. Rafferty and M. A. Griffin, "Dimensions of Transformational Leadership," Leadership Quarterly, Vol.15, No.3, pp.329-354, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2004.02.009
- A. Gill, N. Mathur, S. P. Sharma, and S. Bhutani, "The Effects of Empowerment and Transformational Leadership on Employee Intentions to Quit," International Journal of Management, Vol.28, pp.217-229, 2011.
- D. A. Waldman, M. Z. Carter, and P. W. Hom, "A Multilevel Investigation of Leadership and Turnover Behavior," Journal of Management, Vol.41, No.6, pp.1724-1744, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206312460679
- 이종건, 김동호, "리더십 스타일과 조직유효성간의 관계," 대한경영학회지, 제21권, 제4호, pp.1495-1521, 2008.
- K. B. Lowe, K. G. Kroeck, and N. Sivasubramaniam, "Effectiveness Correlates of Transformation and Transactional Leadership," The Leadership Quarterly, Vol.7, No.3, pp.385-415, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(96)90027-2
- 강성수, 김한준, "중소기업에 있어서 리더십 스타일이 직무만족에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 산업경제연구, 제18권, 제5호, pp.2457-2478, 2005.
- 윤윤규, "기업 고용성과의 결정요인," 월간 노동리뷰, 2013년 6월호, pp.21-34, 2013.