- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Usefulness of the Technique of Collecting Signals by Selecting Elements from RF Receive Phase Array Coil in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
자기공명영상검사 시 Array coil에서 element를 선택하여 신호를 수집하는 기법의 유용성
- Received : 2018.02.06
- Accepted : 2018.02.22
- Published : 2018.06.28
In this study, we investigated the signal intensity changes by activating all and partially selected coil elements as a way to increase the SNR in a single region MR imaging. Two cylindrical fluid phantoms were placed side by side in a phase array coil and MRI scans were repeated by turning on the entire elements and selected elements. As a result, on both of the T1 and T2 weighted images signal intensities were significantly increased by 5.49% and 14.64%, respectively. In conclusion, if only a single region was to be imaged, selecting appropriate elements and collecting signals only from them could easily improve image qualities and signal intensities.
본 연구는 자기공명영상에서 array coil을 이용한 부분영역의 영상화 시 SNR을 증가시킬 수 있는 방안으로 element를 선택하여 신호를 수집하는 기법의 유용성에 대해 알아보고자 하였다. 연구방법은 array coil에 두 개의 원통형 fluid phantom을 나란히 위치시킨 다음, 부분영역인 한 개의 fluid phantom 영상화 시 element 전체를 사용하여 신호를 수집하는 경우와 선택한 경우로 나누어 SNR을 비교하였다. 연구결과, T1, T2 강조영상 모두 element를 선택하여 신호를 수집하는 경우가 전체를 사용한 경우보다 T1강조영상은 5.49%, T2강조영상은 14.64% 유의하게 증가하였다. 결론적으로 array coil을 이용한 부분영역의 영상화 시 element를 선택하여 신호를 수집하면 손쉽게 SNR을 증가시킬 수 있으리라 판단된다.
Supported by : 원광보건대학교
- G. Shou, L. Xia, F. Liu, M. Zhu, Y. Li, and S. Crozier, "MRI coil design using boundaryelement method with regularization technique: A numerical calculation study," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.46, No.4, pp.1052-1059, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2037753
- H. Lee, 자기공명 영상과 분광법의 이해, 계명대학교출판부, 2016.
- M. A. Ohliger and D. K. Sodickson, "An introduction to coil array design for parallel MRI," NMR in Biomedicine, Vol.19, No.3, pp.300-315, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/nbm.1046
- E. Plenge, D. H. Poot, M. Bernsen, G. Kotek, G. Houston, P. Wielopolski, W. J. Niessen, and E. Meijering, "Super-resolution methods in MRI: can they improve the trade-off between resolution, signal-to-noise ratio, and acquisition time?," Magn Reson Med, Vol.68, No.6, pp.1983-1993, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.24187
- D. M. Brian, A. B. Mark, and C. S. Richard, MRI basic principles and applications, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- K. W. Choi and S. Y. Son, "A research on improving signal to noise ratio for magnetic resonance imaging through increasing filling factor inside surface coil," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.11, pp.5299-5304, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5299
- D. K. Seo, S. Na, J. H. Park, K. W. Choi, H. B. Lee, and D. K. Han, "Effectiveness of a silicone device for foot MRI in order to obtain homogeneous fat suppression images," Acta Radiologica, Vol.56, No.4, pp.471-476, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185114531572
- L. Axel, J. Costantini, and J. Listerud, "Intensity correction in surface-coil MR imaging," AJR Am J Roentgenol, Vol.148, No.2, pp.418-420, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.148.2.418
- T. W. Redpath, "Signal-to-noise ratio in MRI," The British Journal of Radiology, Vol.71, pp.704-707, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.71.847.9771379
- N. H. Koo, H. B. Lee, K. W. Choi, S. Y. Son, and B. G. Yoo, "The Study on Signal to Noise Ratio of Single-Shot Turbo Spin Echo to Reduce Image Distortion in Brain Stem Diffusion MRI," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol.10, No.4, pp.241-246, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.4.241
- T. J. Lawry, M. W. Weiner, and G. B. Matson, "Computer modeling of surface coil sensitivity," Magnetic resonance in medicine, Vol.16, No.2, pp.294-302, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910160210
- R. Buchli, M. Saner, D. Meier, E. B. Boskamp, and P. Boesiger, "Increased rf power absorption in MR imaging due to rf coupling between body coil and surface coil," Magn Reson Med, Vol.9, No.1, pp.105-112, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910090112
- D. H. Lee, C. Hong, M. W. Lee, and B. S. Han, "Signal intensity correction for multichannel MR images using radon transformation," International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, Vol.25, No.2, pp.148-152, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/ima.22131
- C. M. Collins, Q. X. Yang, J. H. Wang, X. Zhang, H. Liu, S. Michaeli, X. H. Zhu, G. Adriany, J. T. Vaughan, P. Anderson, H. Merkle, K. Ugurbil, M. B. Smith, and W. Chen, "Different excitation and reception distributions with a single-loop transmit- receive surface coil near a head-sized spherical phantom at 300 MHz," Magn Reson Med, Vol.47, No.5, pp.1026-1028, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.10153