- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Clarification Training in Barrier Game on Conversational Breakdowns and Repair Strategies of Children with ASD
장벽게임을 사용한 명료화 중재가 자폐범주성장애 아동의 대화단절 및 발화수정 전략에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2018.03.29
- Accepted : 2018.06.11
- Published : 2018.06.28
This study examined the effects of clarification training on conversational breakdowns and repair strategies of 3 school aged children with ASD. Clarification training provided to the participants during playing the barrier games. The results found that the occurrence of conversational breakdown was decreased in terms of overall and types. The occurrence and appropriateness rates of repair strategies were increased among all participants. Based on the results, 'clarification training' used in this study can be an effective method to train children with ASD for appropriate repair strategies in conversation.
- D. Alexander, A. Wetherby, and B. Prizant, "The emergence of repair strategies in infants and toddlers," Seminars in Speech and Language, Vol.18, No.3, pp.197-212, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2008-1064073
- T. M. Gallagher, "Revision behaviors in the speech of normal children developing language," Journal of Speech and Hearing Research, Vol.20, pp.303-318, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.2002.303
- 권혜주, 김덕용, 김향희, 신지철, "학령전 아동의 대화유창성 및 의사소통 회복전략 평가," 한국언어청각임상학회, 제14권, 제3호, pp.257-274. 2009.
- B. Brinton, M, Fujiki, D. F. Loeband, and E. Winkler, "Development of conversational repair strategies in response to requests for clarification," Journal of Speech and Hearing Research, Vol.29, pp.75-81, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.2901.75
- S. Baron-Cohen, Understanding other minds: perspectives from developmental cognitive neuroscience(2nd ed.). Oxford University Press, 2000.
- D. Keen, "The use of non-verbal repair strategies by children with autism," Research in Developmental Disabilities, Vol.26, pp.243-254, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2004.07.002
- J. Volden, "Conversational repair in speakers with autism spectrum disorder," International Journal of Language Communication Disorders, Vol.39, No.2, pp.171-190, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/13682820410001663252
- 김두희, 문현미, "고기능 자폐성장애 청소년의 대화행동 특성에 관한 질적 연구," 정서.행동장애연구, 제25권, 제4호, pp.205-231, 2009.
- L. Paul and D. J. Cohen, "Responses to contingent queries in adults with mental retardation and pervasive developmental disorders," Applied Psycholinguistics, Vol.5, pp.349-357, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0142716400005221
- 박은실, 강수균, "참조적 의사소통 훈련이 정신지체아동의 평균 형태소길이에 미치는 효과," 난청과 언어장애, 제27권, 제2호, pp.179-196, 2004.
- 배숙진, "참조적 의사소통훈련이 지적장애학생의 조망수용능력에 미치는 영향," 특수교육교과교육연구, 제4권, 제2호, pp.37-58, 2011.
- 황하정, 석동일, "차이전략을 강화한 장벽게임이 청각장애 아동의 참조적 의사소통 기술 향상에 미치는 효과," 한국언어치료학회, 제16권, 제4호, pp.19-33, 2007.
- 배소영, 임선숙, 이지희, 언어문제해결력검사, 서울장애인종합복지관, 2000.
- 배소영, 임선숙, 이지희, 장혜성, 구문의미이해력 검사, 서울장애인종합복지관, 2004.
- J. S. Olivar-Parra, M. I.Gutierrezand, and M. Forns, "Training referential communicative skills to individuals with autism spectrum disorder: A pilot study," Psychological Report, Vol.109, No.3, pp.921-939, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2466/10.11.15.28.PR0.109.6.921-939
- B. A. Philip, "Conversational repair strategies in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (Doctoral thesis)," Bowling Green state university, Ohio, USA, 2008.
- K. M. Yont, L. E. Hewittand, and A. W. Miccio, "What did you say?': understanding conversational breakdowns in children with speech and language impairments," Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics, Vol.16, pp.265-285, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699200210126523
- C. A. Dollaghanand and N. A. Kaston, "Comprehension monitoring program for language-impaired children," Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders, Vol.51, pp.264-271, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshd.5103.264
- B. Brinton, M. Fujiki, E. Winklerand, and D. F. Loeb, "Responses to requests for clarification in linguistically normal and language-impaired children," Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders, Vol.51, pp.370-378, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshd.5104.370
- T. Most, "The use of repair strategies by children with and without hearing impairment," Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools, Vol.33, No.2, pp112-123, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1044/0161-1461(2002/009)