- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Model Nationalities, Message Types, New Product Types and Cultural Distances on Consumer Attitudes toward the Ads and Products
광고 모델의 국적과 메시지 및 신제품 유형, 문화적 거리감이 광고 및 제품 태도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2018.04.11
- Accepted : 2018.05.15
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of psychological distances on the consumer attitudes related to new product advertising based on the construal level theory. In particular, this study intends to test the interaction effects among models' nationalities, the newness of new products and message types on the Chinese consumer attitudes toward the advertisements or products. Perceived cultural distances were also considered to have moderating role on the interaction effects. The results indicated that the fits of psychological distances led more positive attitudes. Consumers showed more positive attitudes toward abstract(vs concrete) advertising with foreign models. In the domestic model advertising, consumer attitudes were enhanced when concrete(vs abstract) messages were provided. The findings also demonstrate that the influences could be different according to perceived cultural distances.
- 장일준, 김세화, "한류 선호도와 모델인지에 따른 중국 배너광고 광고효과," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제12호, pp.34-44, 2014.
- J. Z. Qing, The effect of perception of advertising models' nationality as Korean on product evaluation in Chinese market, Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2011.
- 뢰가, 김한나, "한국 연예인 광고모델 속성이 중국의류제품과 전자제품 광고효과에 미치는 영향," Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 제38권, 제3호, pp.386-396, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.3.386
- 우석봉, 이성수, "시간적 거리에 따른 광고소구유형과 제품유형이 광고효과에 미치는 영향," 광고학연구, 제24권, 제5호, pp.117-136, 2013.
- Y. Trope, N. Liberman, and C. Wakslak, "Construal levels and psychological distance: Effects on representation, prediction, evaluation, and behavior," Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol.17, No.2, pp.83-95, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1057-7408(07)70013-X
- N. Liberman and Y. Trope, "The psychology of transcending the here and now," Science, Vol.322, No.5905, pp.1201-1205, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1161958
- Y. Trope and N. Liberman, "Construal-level theory of psychological distance," Psychological Review, Vol.117, No.2, p.440, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0018963
- I. Liviatan, Y. Trope, and N. Liberman, Interpersonal similarity as a social distance dimension: A construal level approach to the mental representations and judgments of similar and dissimilar others' actions, Unpublished manuscript, New York University, 2006.
- L. Kray and R. Gonzalez, "Differential weighting in choice versus advice: I'll do this, you do that," Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, Vol.12, No.3, p.207, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0771(199909)12:3<207::AID-BDM322>3.0.CO;2-P
- 이충우, 이동일, "대학원 광고캠페인에서 사회적 거리감에 따른 해석수준 효과," 한국심리학회지: 소비자.광고, 제17권, 제3호, pp.463-487, 2016.
- S. Hoeffler, "Measuring preferences for really new products," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.40, No.4, pp.406-420, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.40.4.406.19394
- D. L. Alexander, J. G. Lynch Jr, and Q. Wang, "As time goes by: do cold feet follow warm intentions for really new versus incrementally new products?," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.45, No.3, pp.307-319, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.45.3.307
- J. Forester, Dealing with differences: Dramas of mediating public disputes, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- 김소정, 김형준, "신제품 구매 시 시간 거리 인식이 소비자 반응에 미치는 영향 연구," 상품학연구, 제30권, pp.1-11, 2012.
- T. Eyal, N. Liberman, and Y. Trope, "Judging near and distant virtue and vice," Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol.44, No.4, pp.1204-1209, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2008.03.012
- S. O'Grady and H. W. Lane, "The psychic distance paradox," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.27, No.2, pp.309-333, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490137
- 황화철, 심리적 거리와 국가 이미지가 소비자의 지각된 위험과 성과에 미치는 영향, 부산대학교, 박사학위논문, 2002.
- 윤성준, 양뤼, 한희은, "중국내 한류의 유형별 문화 후광효과에 관한 실증적 접근," 문화산업연구, 제13권, 제1호, pp.23-34, 2013.
- A. Tolor, "Psychological distance in disturbed and normal adults," Journal of Clinical Psychology, 1970.
- E. Amit, D. Algom, and Y. Trope, "Distance-dependent processing of pictures and words," Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, Vol.138, No.3, p.400, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0015835
- M. Zhao, S. Hoeffler, and G. Zauberman, "Mental simulation and preference consistency over time: The role of process-versus outcome-focused thoughts," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.44, No.3, pp.379-388, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.44.3.379
- 박현정, "사용확산 및 라이프스타일에 따른 N 스크린 서비스 이용자 유형화," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.444-454, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.02.444