- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Method for Importance based Streamline Generation on the Massive Fluid Dynamics Dataset
대용량 유동해석 데이터에서의 중요도 기반 스트림라인 생성 방법
- Received : 2018.06.01
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
Streamline generation is one of the most representative visualization methods to analyze the flow stream of fluid dynamics dataset. It is a challenging problem, however, to determine the seed locations for effective streamline visualization. Meanwhile, it needs much time to compute effective seed locations and streamlines on the massive flow dataset. In this paper, we propose not only an importance based method to determine seed locations for the effective streamline placements but also a parallel streamline visualization method on the distributed visualization system. Moreover, we introduce case studies on the real fluid dynamics dataset using GLOVE visualization system to evaluate the proposed method.
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회
- L. Li and H. W. Shen, "Image-based streamline generation and rendering," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.13, No.3, pp.630-40, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2007.1009
- B. Spencer, R. S. Laramee, G. Chen, and E. Zhang, "Evenly spaced sreamlines for surfaces: An image-based approach," Computer Graphics Forum, Vol.28, No.6, pp.1618-1631, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8659.2009.01352.x
- K. Burge, P. Kondratieva, J. Kruger, and R. Westermann, "Importance-driven particle techniques for flow visualization," IEEE Pacific Visualisation Symposium 2008, pp.71-78, 2008.
- W. Engelke and I. Hotz, "Evolutionary Lines for Flow Visualization," Proceedings of EuroVis 2018 - Short Papers, 2018.
- Shyh-Kuang Ueng, C. Sikorski, and Kwan-Liu Ma, "Out-of-core streamline visualization on large unstructured meshes," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.3, No.4, pp.370-380, Dec. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/2945.646239
- D. Camp, H. Childs, A. Chourasia, C. Garth, and K. I. Joy, "Evaluating the benefits of an extended memory hierarchy for parallel streamline algorithms," in 2011 IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization(LDAV), pp.57-64, 2011.
- C. M. Chen and H. W. Shen, "Graph-based seed scheduling for out-of-core FTLE and pathline computation," in 2013 IEEE Symposium on Large-Scale Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV), pp.15-23, 2013.
- Li Chen and I. Fujishiro, "Optimizing Parallel Performance of Streamline Visualization for Large Distributed Flow Datasets," IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium 2008, pp.87-94, 2008.
- D. Pugmire, H. Childs, C. Garth, S. Ahern, and G. H. Weber, "Scalable computation of streamlines on very large datasets," Proceedings of SC '09, 2009.
- D. Camp, C. Garth, H. Childs, D. Pugmire, and K. Joy, "Streamline integration using mpi-hybrid parallelism on a large multicore architecture," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.17, No.11, pp.1702-1713, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2010.259
- J. C. R. Hunt. "Vorticity and vortex dynamics in complex turbulent flows," Transactions on Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (Proc. CANCAM), Vol.11, No.1, pp.21-35, 1987.
- B. Kohler, R. Gasteiger, U. Preim, H. Theisel, M. Gutberlet, and B. Preim, "Semi-automatic vortex extraction in 4D PC-MRI cardiac blood flow data using line predicates," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.19, No.12, pp.2773-82, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2013.189
- Y. C. Ye and R. Miller, "In Situ Depth Maps Based Feature Extraction and Tracking," in IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV), pp.1-8, 2015.
- T. Gunther and H. Theisel, "The State of the Art in Vortex Extraction," Computer Graphics Forum, 2018.
- C. Garth and K. I. Joy, "Fast, memory-efficient cell location in unstructured grids for visualization," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.16, No.6, pp.1541-1550, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2010.156
- S. Gottschalk, M. C. Lin, D. Manocha, and C. Hill, "OBBTree: A Hierarchical Structure for Rapid Interference Detection," Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '96, pp.171-180, 1996.
- 이중연, 김민아, 이세훈, 허영주, "GLOVE: 대용량 과학 데이터를 위한 분산공유메모리 기반 병렬 가시화 도구," 한국정보처리학회논문지/소프트웨어 및 데이터 공학, 제5권, 제6호, pp.273-282, 2016.
- 이중연, 김민아, 허영주, "전산유체역학 응용에서의 효율적인 최적 2차 변수 계산 경로 추정 기법," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제12호, pp.1-9, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.12.001