- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Characteristics of Ketapang and Gallnut for Development of Environmentally Friendly Black Dye
친환경 검정색 염료 개발을 위한 Ketapang과 오배자의 특성 비교
- Kang, Jae-Yong (Department of Cultural heritage and Conservation science, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Eun (Korea Traditional Costume Research Institute, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Yeon (Department of Plastic Arts, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Geun-Tae (Department of Nanoenergy Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Jang-Su (Department of Chemistry, Pusan National University)
- 강재용 (부산대학교 문화유산보존과학전공) ;
- 이정은 (부산대학교 한국전통복식연구소) ;
- 김성연 (부산대학교 조형학과) ;
- 박근태 (부산대학교 나노에너지공학과) ;
- 박장수 (부산대학교 화학과)
- Received : 2018.05.20
- Accepted : 2018.06.27
- Published : 2018.06.30
The purpose of this study was to develop environmentally friendly black dye by comparing Ketapang and Gallnut, that have been traditionally used as a black dye. As a result of FT-IR and UV-Vis spectrophotometer analysis, Ketapang was characterized by condensed tannin, while Gallnut showed hydrolyzable tannin. Due to the dyeability characteristic analysis, the color fastness of the non-mordant dye was slightly lowered to grades 1-3. In the dry-cleaning fastness test, both non-mordant and iron mordant were excellent, in grade 4-5, and the daylight fastness was excellent grade 3-5 too. The
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Xiao, J. S., Xie, B. J., Sun, Z. S., Xiao, D., 2012, Characterization of oligomeric procyanidins and identification of quercetin glucuronnide from lotus(nelum nucifera gaetn.) seedpod, J. Agri. and Food Chem., 60(11), 2825-2829. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf205331e
- Yeo, Y. M., Shin, Y. S., 2017, Developing black color by natural dyeing for contemporary fashion : dyeing of silk fabrics, Textile Coloration and Finishing, 29(4), 276-283. https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2017.29.4.276
- Yeo, Y. M., Shin, Y. S., 2017, The dyeing properties and functionality of Water lily(Nymphaea tetragona) leaves extracts as a new natural dye resource(2):dyeing of silk and wool fibers, Textile Coloration and Finishing, 29(3), 171-179.
- Vadwala, Y., Kola, N., 2017, Natural dyes extracted from waste leaves of Terminalia Catappa locally known as Tropical Almond and its application on silk fabrics pretreated with ecofriendly and noneco-friendly mordants, Int. J. Res. Granthaalayah, 5(5). 125-137.
- Cho, K. R., 2004, Natural dyes and dyeing, Hyeongseol publisher, 194.
- Ha, Y. K., Lee, J. S., 2017, Natural dyeing of silk fabrics with the extract of Alnus firma tree branches, Fashion & Text. Res. J., 19(3), 337-343. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2017.19.3.337
- Hidayat, J., Fatmahwaty, 2014, The art and sustainable aspects of natural dyeing in KANAWIDA hand drawn Batik(Green Batik), IPTEK, Journal of Proceeding Series, 1, 136-142.
- Kim, J. T., Park, G., Lee, G., Kang, K. H., Kim, J. K., 2014, Isolation and characterization of dye-degrading microorganisms for treatment of chromaticity contained in industrial dyeing wastewater, J. Environ. Sci. Int. 23(1), 129-142. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.1.129
- Lee, B., 2014, Coloring textiles black from 1700 to 1900, Doctor Thesis, Seoul University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, J., Lee, E. J., A Study on the black color expression of silk fabrics with Juglans mandshurica Cortex extract, J. Fash. Bus. 21(1), 166-176.
- MSC Co., Ltd., 2014, Development of dyeing process of environmentally friendly using natural dyestuff. Report 1., Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Gyeongnam.
- Noh, Y. J., Lee, S. H., 2014, Natural dyeing of soybean protein fabrics - gallnut -, Fashion & Text. Res. J. 16(3), 462-468. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.462
- Pantoja-Castro, M. A., Gonzalez-Rodriguez, H., 2011, Study by infrared spectroscopy and thermogravimetric analysis of Tannins and Tannic acid, Revista latinoamericana de química, 39(3), 107-112.
- Sampath, M., Vasanthi, M., 2013, Isolation, structural elucidation of flavonoids from Polyalthia longifolia (Sonn.) Thawaites and evaluation of antibacterial, antioxidant and anticancer potential, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5(1), 336-341.
- Sul, J. H., Choi, S. C., 1994, A Study on tannin treatment of silk fabrics(II)-the effect of mordants, Journal of Korea Society of Dye and Finishers, 6(2), 1-9.
- Sul, J. H., Choi, S. C., Cho, K. R., 1995, A Study on tannin treatment of silk fabrics(II)-comparison condensed tannin with hydrolyzable tannin, J. Korea Society of Dye and Finishers, 7(3), 60-67.