- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Developing Competency Based Integrated Curriculum for Fostering Sports Marketer in Sports Industry
스포츠마케터 인재양성을 위한 역량기반 융합형 교육과정 개발
- Kim, Jin-Se (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science) ;
- Ahn, Jai-Han (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science) ;
- Kim, Mi-Suk (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science)
- Received : 2018.04.17
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to develop a competency-based convergence curriculum for the development of sports marketers, sports talent in the sports industry. For this purpose, we conducted literature analysis, in-depth interviews and job analysis to derive necessary capabilities to become sports marketers, draw up a capability profile, and then developed a capability model through expert verification. Sports marketers ' capacity models were divided into sport marketing / PR and sports events by type of experience, with six common basic competencies including sports mind and 12 professional competencies including sponsorships. Sports marketers education courses developed based on capacity models are composed of understanding of sports industry, sports marketing communication, sports law, understanding of sports facility, sports facilities management, sports sponsorship, sports media, sports licensing, sports agent, sports event planning, sports event management, make a proposal, sports event field practice. The developed training courses for sports marketers will be used in colleges and private education institutions related to the sports industry, contributing to fostering and expanding sports industry talent.
Sports industry;Competency model;Common basic competency;Professional competency;Competency based curriculum
- S. P. Hong. (2006. Autumn). Current status of sports professionals fostering in the sports industry and Its utilization plan. Sport Science, 96, 23-30.
- J. H. Shin & H. S. Jung. (2017). Verifying the Effectiveness of Curriculum of Sport Convergence Industry, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(5), 2721-2730.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2017). 2016 Sport industry White Paper. Sejong : MCST.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2017). 2015 Sport White Paper. Sejong : MCST.
- Y. O. Park. (2002). Analysis of the supply and demand and fostering plan for sports professionals in sports industry. Seoul : KISS.
- H. J. Kang. (2002). Developing curriculum to foster professionals in sports industry. Seoul : KISS.
- E. D. Yoo. (2005). Improvement plan of curriculum to foster sports professionals in sports industry. Seoul : KISS.
- E. D. Yoo. (2006). Mid to long term plan to foster sports professionals in sports industry. Seoul : KISS.
- E. D. Yoo. (2007). Intensive course plan to foster sports professionals in sports industry. Seoul : NEST.
- J. S. Choi. (2013). Improvement plan of curriculum to foster sports professionals in sports industry. Seoul : KISS.
- N. H. Han. (2011). The Development & Employment of Specialized Personnel in Accordance with Korean Sport Industry Trends, 44, 395-402.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2017). 2016 Survey report on Sports industry. Sejong : MCST.
- J. H. Ahn, Y. P. Hwang, M. S. Kim & S. J. Son. (2016). A Study on Long-term Development Plans for the Sports Talent Fostering Project. Journal of Korean Society of Sport Policy, 14(4), 49-63.
- M. N. Choi & E. J. Jang. (2010). A study on development of competency based curriculum according to job e-learning workers, The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 16(2), 277-313.
- Y. H. Cho, H. B. Cho, J. P. Choi, S. H. Park & J. H. Lee. (2004). Developing Sport Management Curricular Standards for Undergraduate Level in Korea. Korean Journal of Sport Management, 9(1), 201-219.
- J. S. Bang & J. H. Lee. (2007). The Study of the Perceptions Difference between Educators and Sport Manager on Curriculum for Experts in the Sports Industry. Korean Journal of Sport Science, 18(2), 32-39. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2007.18.2.32
- J. S. Kim, J. H. Ahn & M. S. Kim. (2017). A Study on Development of Integrated Sports Talents Competency Model By Career Type. The Society of Digital Policy & management, 15(8), 423-433.
- H. M. Choi. (2015). An analysis of Specialized Sport Industry Education : Focused on the Department of Sport Industry. Unpublished master thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- B. S. Kim. (2014). Satisfaction and Improvement Plan of the Sport Industry & Management Major Curriculum for Community Sport Major Undergraduate Students, Sports Science, 31(2), 1-9.
- W. J. Cho & Y. B. Jeon. (2013). A Study of the Importance of Sport Management Course Contents for User Based Textbook Development, Korean Journal of Sport Management, 18(6), 29-40.
- G. S. Ryu. (2015). Development of Educational Model for ICT-based Convergence Expert, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(6), 75-80. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.075
- E. Y. Park & D. G. Kwag. (2015). The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(5), 99-106. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.099
- J. H. Ku. (2017). Designing an App Inventor Curriculum for Computational Thinking based Non-majors Software Education, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(1), 61-66. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.1.061
- J. I. Kim. (2018). A Study of Class Design for Liberal arts computer Convergence class using cognitive apprentice theory, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(1), 153-160. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.1.153