- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Safety Awareness of High School Students, Disaster Safety Education and First Aid Knowledge
고등학생의 안전의식, 재난안전교육 및 응급처치 지식
- Jung, Eun-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Cheongam College) ;
- Lim, Kyoung-Suk (Dept. of Nursing, Songwon University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Gwangju University)
- Received : 2018.04.06
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to understand the safety consciousness of high school students, disaster safety education, and the degree of first aid knowledge and to understand the relationship between safety consciousness and first aid knowledge. The subjects were 293 male students attending third grade of high school at G city and analyzed using SPSS 21.0 from March 19, 2018 to March 28, 2018. The results of the study showed that the correctness rate of first aid knowledge was 40.15% and that the relationship between safety consciousness and subcategories of first aid knowledge was significant(r=-.131, p=.025), respiratory and circulatory system(r=.213, p<.001), dressing and bandages(r=.156, p=.008). The purpose of this study is to contribute to the utilization of the basic knowledge of the curriculum to cultivate the ability to cope with safety accidents and to develop and evaluate educational programs to improve the level of first aid.
- S. H. Kim. (2016). Disaster Safety Education and Satety Awareness of High School Students after the Sewol Ferry Incident. Master Thesis, Konyang University, Nonsan.
- I. S. Park. (2017). The Effect of Disaster Awareness, Attitude, Preparedness on the Basic Competencies of Disaster Nursing among Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(3), 1626-1636.
- Daum Encyclopedia, 2017.
- S. I. Kim. (2016). A comparison of School Safety Education in Korea and Japan. Master Thesis, Korea National University of Education, Cheongju.
- D. Matyas & M. Pelling. (2014). Positioning Resilience for 2015: The Role Resistance, Incremental Adjustment and Transformation in Disaster Risk Management Policy, Disasters, 39(1), 1-18. DOI: 10.1111/disa.12107 https://doi.org/10.1111/disa.12107
- D. A. McEntire, C. Fuller, C. W. Johnston & R. Weber. (2002). A Comparison of Disaster Paradigms: The Search for a Holistic Policy Guide, Public Administration Review, 62(3), 267-281. DOI: 10.1111/1540-6210.00178 https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-6210.00178
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security. (2015). Disaster Yearbook, Retrieved January 18. 2018. Form http://www.safekorea.go.kr
- Statistics Korea. (2016). Accident Status. Retrieved January 18, 2018. from http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=1627
- Ministry of Eudcation. (2016). The Act on the Management of Disaster and Safety, Law No.14079. http://www.moe.go.kr
- Statistics Korea. (2016). Death Rates for the 10 to 20 Leading Causes of Death by Age. http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do
- Y. G. Kwon. (2015). Pilot Study of Safety Education and Safety Awareness in Middle and High School Students. Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and System Engineering, 38(1), 30-43. https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2014.38.1.30
- J. M. Lee. (2011). Enhance Public Safety Awareness Measures through Safety Education-Elementary, Middle. High School Safety Training Center. 2011 Korea Safety Management Science Conference (pp.619-637). Seoul
- H. Y. Yoon, N. Y. Lim & C. H. Lee. (2015). Investigation of Specialized High Schools for Technical Fields Students' Perception of School Safety Accidents and Safety Education. Korean Journal of Technical Education, 15(3), 229-247.
- W. K. Youn. (2009). A Survey of the Knowledge, Recognition and Actual Condition for the First Aid of Undergraduate Students Majoring in Physical Education. Master Thesis. Kwangwoon University, Seoul.
- J. H. Kim. (2015). Daegu Citizen Safety Awareness Survey. Daegu
- Disaster Safety Policy Officer. (2015). 'Citizens' Safety Consciousness and Safety Policy Direction during Daejeon. http://www.daejeon.go.kr/drh/board/boardNormalView.d o?boardId=normal_0189&menuSeq=1632&pageIndex=1& ntatcSeq=1046255
- D. C. Uhm, Y. G. Park & H. J. Oh. (2016). Disaster Preparation of Visiting Nurses in Public Health Centers, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(2), 240-249. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/kasne.2016.22.j2.240 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.2.240
- Y. J. Park & E. J. Lee. (2015). A Study on Ego Resilience, Disaster Experience and Core Competencies of Emergency Room Nurses, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 21(1), 67-79. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2015.21.1.67
- C. H. Woo, J. Y. Yoo & J. Y. Park. (2015). Experience, Awareness and Preparedness of Disaster among Nursing College Students, Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management, 11(11), 19-35. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14251/ktcem.2015.11.11.19
- S. T. Kim, Y. H. Lee & D. M. Shin. (2017). Convergence Awareness of Basic Emergency Treatment Byprivate Ambulance Drivers. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(8), 127-136. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.127 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.127
- S. P. Chung, T. Sakamoto, S. H. Lim, M. H. M. Ma, T. L. Wang, F. Lavapie, S. Krisanarungson, H. Nonogi & S. O. Hwang. (2016). The 2015 Resuscitation Council of Asia (RCA) Guidelines on Adult Basic Life Support for Lay Rescuers. Resuscitation, 105, 145-148. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2016.05.025 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2016.05.025
- S. Nakahara, J. Tomio, M. Ichikawa, F. Nakamura, M. Nishida, H. Takahashi et al. (2015). Association of ByStander Interventions with Neurologically Intact Survival among Patients with Bystander-Witnessed Out-of- Hospital Cardiac Arrest in Japan. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 314(3), 247-254. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.8068 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.8068
- N. G. Lee, D. O. Kim & B. R. Choi. (2017). First Aid Knowledge and Education Requirements of Physical Therapists. The Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services, 21(2), 103-113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2017.21.2.103 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2017.21.2.103
- H. M. Jung, N. H. Kim, Y. H. Lee, M. S. Kim, & M. J. Kim. (2018). The Effect of a Disaster Nursing Convergence Education Program on Disaster Nursing Knowledge, Preparedness and Self-Confidence of Nursing Students Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 377-386. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.377 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.377