- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Isokinetic Muscle Function, Balance and Flexibility in Elite High School Kayakers
고등학교 엘리트 카약 선수들의 등속성 근기능·균형성·유연성 측정 및 평가
- Shin, Kwang-Taek (Sports Science Education Laboratory, Dongguk University) ;
- Sohn, Jee-Hoon (Department of Physical Education, Jeonju University)
- Received : 2018.04.03
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to evaluate elite high school kayaker's iso-kinetic muscle function and provide physical training advices. Biodex system IV, Biodex stabilizer system, Inbody 3.0 and CNP-5403 are used to investigate 11 kayaker's muscle function(peak torque, average power and work fatigue), dynamic balance, body compositions, and flexibility. S4, S5, S8, S10, S11 are needed to train shoulder muscle strength and power. S5, S6, S10, S11 are needed to strengthen shoulder muscle endurance. S5, S7, S8, S10, S11 are needed to train knee muscle strength and power. S1, S4, S5, S10 are needed to strengthen knee muscle endurance. S3, S10, S11 are needed to train wrist muscle endurance. Based on these results we should establish an muscle function enhancing program with periodic inspection for elite kayakers. And standardized training program should be sublated.
Kayak;Isonkinetic muscle function;Muscle strength imbalance;Deficit;Training program
- B. S. Shim. (2007). A study on comparison of physical fitness with official records of canoe players. Master dissertation. Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- K. W. Jun. (2003). A comparative study on body composition and physical fitness in high schools and national canoe team. Master dissertation. Kookmin University, Seoul.
- S. B. Son. (2012). Racing canoeing II. Seoul : Korean canoe federation.
- J. W. Kim. (2006). A study on body composition, physical fitness, and record in candidate canoe players. Master dissertation. Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- K. T. Shin, C. G. Kim & J. H. Sohn. (2013). Assessment of isokinetic muscle function in elite canadian college paddlers. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial, 14(1), 229-238. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.1.229
- J. S. Lee. (1989). Investigation research of the injury on canoeist. The Research Institute of Physical Education, 7, 147-176.
- J. G. Choi & Y. J. Kim. (2004). The study on analysis of muscle fatigue and recruitment type in major muscles during canoe ergometer exercise. Korea Sport Research, 15(2), 1601-1612.
- P. M. Clarkson, W. Kroll & A. M. Melchionda. (1982). Isokinetic strength, endurance, and fiber type composition in elite american paddlers. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 48, 67-76. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00421166
- E. Sprigings, P. McNair, G. Mawston, D. Sumner & M. Boocock. (2006). A method for personalising the blade size for competitors in flatwater kayaking. Sports Engineering, 9(3), 147-153. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02844116
- M. Begon, F. Colloud & P. Sardain. (2010). Lower limb contribution in kayak performance: modelling, simulation and analysis. Multibody system dynamics, 23(4), 387-400. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11044-010-9189-8
- J. S. Michael, R. Smith & K. B. Rooney. (2009). Determinants of kayak paddling performance. Sports Biomechanics, 8(2), 167-179. https://doi.org/10.1080/14763140902745019
- Korea Institute of Sports Science. (2015). The survey of national physical fitness. Seoul : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- J. S. Ryu, Y. J. Lee & C. K. Park. (1996). The kinematical analysis of kayak canoe stroking. The Research Institute of Physical Education & Sports Science, 15(1), 89-97.
- S. M. Yang. (2009). Balance difference between visual disability and normal people. Master dissertation. Keimyung University, Daegu.
- D. Wathen. (1944). Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Champaign : Human kinetics.
- J. Elliott. (1978). Assessing muscle strength isokinetically. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 240(22), 2408-2410. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.240.22.2408
- S. B. Shin, S. R. Kang, C. H. Yu, J. Y. Min & T. K. Kwon. (2013). The effect on improvement of muscle strength imbalance according to load deviation protocol of whole body vibration exercise. Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 30(10), 1095-1101. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.10.1095
- S. R. Kang, G. Y. Jung, D. A. Moon, J. S. Jeong, J. J. Kim & T. K. Kwon. (2011). Characteristics according to loading deviation methods during rowing exercise. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 21(3), 369-382. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.3.369
- Y. S. Kim. (2010). The effects of asymmetrical neuromuscular training for postural control by imbalanced trunk muscles in athletes. Master dissertation. Korea University, Seoul.