- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Depression and resilience of women undergoing assisted reproductive techniques: the mediating effect of somatic symptoms
보조생식술을 받는 여성의 우울과 극복력 관계 : 신체증상 매개효과 중심으로
- Kim, Hye-Young (College of Nursing, Keimyung University)
- 김혜영 (계명대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2018.05.04
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the mediating effect of somatic symptoms between depression and resilience of women undergoing assisted reproductive techniques. The data were collected by structured questionnaire from 97 infertile women who were receiving assisted reproductive techniques in clinic for fertility treatment. There was a significant correlation among depression, somatic symptoms and resilience. Somatic symptoms had a complete mediating effect(
Infertility;Assisted Reproductive Techniques;Depression;Resilience;Somatic Symptoms
- World Health Statistics. Global health indicators: total fertility rate [Internet]. New-York: World Health Organization 2015 [cited 2017 April 9]. Available from: http://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statis tics/EN_WHS2015_Part2.pdf?ua=1
- National Health Insurance Service. Infertility women[Internet]. Wonju: National Health Insurance Service; 2014 [cited 2016 August 13]. Available from: http://www.nhis.or.kr/bbs7/boards/B0039/3031
- J. H. Lee. (2015). The constitutional understanding of the low birthrate problem and approaches for its resolution. Journal of Korea University Law, 79, 85-128.
- H. P. Justyna, M. Jarema & A. Wichniak. (2015). Clinical determinants of mental disorders occurring during the infertility treatment. Psychiatry & Neurology, 49(5), 965-982.
- M. N. Park & S. Y. Choi. (2012). The Effects of infertility stress and depression on quality of life in infertile couples. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 14(4), 1987-2000.
- D. Suthersan, S. Kennedy & M. Chapman. (2011). Physical symptoms throughout IVF cycles. Human Fertility, 14(2), 122-128. https://doi.org/10.3109/14647273.2011.571748
- S. B. Im, H. Y. Oh, Y. I. Park, E. H. Lee & S. Lee. (2002). Analytical review of resilience for preventive mental health nursing. The Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 11(3), 304-315.
- A. F. Ridenour, J. B. Yorgason & B. Peterson. (2009). The infertility resilience model: Assessing individual, couple, and external predictive factors. Contemporary Family Therapy, 31(1), 34-51. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10591-008-9077-z
- Y. J. Jung & H. Y. Kim. (2017). Factors influencing infertility-related quality of life in women undergoing assisted reproductive techniques: Focusing on depression and resilience. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 23(2), 117-125. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.2.117
- M. S. Kim, I. S. Lee & C. S. Lee. (2007). The validation study of Korean BDI-II: In female university students sample. Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 26(4), 997-1014. https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2007.26.4.011
- T. J. Su, Y. C. Chen & Y. S. Yang. (2001). Somatic symptoms during in vitro fertilization treatment. Formosan Journal of Medicine, 5, 145-153.
- G. Wagnild & H. Young. (1993). Development and psychometric. The Journal of Nursing Measurement, 1, 165-178.
- Y. S. Song. (2004). Determinants of resilience of the physically disabled at home. Master's thesis. Kosin University, Busan.
- N. M. Hwang. (2013). Factors related to the depression of infertile women. Health and Social Welfare Review, 33(3), 161-187. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.3.161
- J. H. Lee. (2015). Review Article : Perinatal Outcomes of Pregnancy with Assisted Reproductive Technology. Korean Journal of Perinatology, 26(2), 114-120. https://doi.org/10.14734/kjp.2015.26.2.114
- J. L. Lin, Y. H. Lin & K. H. Chueh. (2013). Somatic symptoms, psychological stress and sleep disturbance among infertile women with intrauterine insemination treatment. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 23, 1677-1684.
- K. Y. Lee & S. W. Lee. (2005). Concept Analysis of Resilience. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 13(1), 9-18.
- M. Rutter. (1987). Psychosocial resilience and protective mechanisms. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 57(3), 316. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1939-0025.1987.tb03541.x
- M. O. Kim, H. A. Nam & M. S. Youn. (2016). Infertility stress, depression, and resilience in women with infertility treatments. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 30(1), 93-104. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.93
- J. L. Lin, Y. H. Lin & K. H. Chueh. (2012). Psychological distress in women who have experienced intrauterine insemination. The Journal of Nursing Research, 20, 310-315. https://doi.org/10.1097/jnr.0b013e3182748f26
- S. S. Luthar, D. Cicchetti & B. Becker. (2000). The construct of resilience: A critical evaluation and guidelines for future work. Child Development, 71(3), 543-562. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00164
- T. M. Cousineau & A. D. Domar. (2007). Psychological impact of infertility. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology, 21(2), 293-308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2006.12.003