- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
EMDR-IGTP on the Depression, Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress, and Self-esteem of Graduate Nursing Students
EMDR 통합 집단치료가 간호대학원생의 우울, 불안, PTSD, 및 자아존중감에 미치는 효과
- Oh, Kyong-ok (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Gang, Moon-hee (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Sun-Hee (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2018.03.08
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The study aimed to evaluate the effects of the EMDR-IGPT(Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing-integrative group treatment protocol) on the depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress, self-esteem in graduate nursing students. A quasi-experimental study employing a nonequivalent control group and pre-post design was conducted. The participants were graduate nursing students from C university (Experimental group=22, Control group=28). The experimental group participated in the 8 session-EMDR-IGPT for 8 weeks, while control group were treated by waitlist. Data were analyzed using
EMDR-IGPT;Depression;Anxiety;Post Traumatic Stress;Self-esteem
Supported by : College of Nursing, Chungnam National University
- J. Y. Han & N. Y. Lee. (2016). Making the decision to enter graduate school among hospital nurses. Journal of Learner-Centrered Curriculum & Instruction, 16(8), 109-122.
- K. S. Lee, E. J. Park, H. J. Kim & H. R. Ahn. (2011). An Exploration on the Stress of Korean Graduate Nursing Students-Using of Focus Group Research Method-. Journal of the Korean Acad Psychiatr Mental Health Nurse, 20(3), 302-314. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.302
- B. Kimarie, A. Pauline & N. M. Andrea. (2016). Academic-related stress among graduate students in nursing in a Jamaican school of nursing. Nurse Education in Practice, 20, 117-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2016.08.004
- J. W. Han & B. Lee. (2013). The relationship of post-traumatic stress, job stress and turnover intention in emergency department nurses. Journal of Academic Nursing Administration, 19(3), 340-350. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.340
- L. Shi, L. Wang, X. Jia, Z. Li, H. Mu, X. Liu, B. Peng, A. Li & L. Fan. (2017). Prevalence and correlate of symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder among Chinese healthcare workers exposed to physical violence: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open, 7, e016810. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016810
- R. Paul, K. Orawan, R. Nop, H. Suda & C. Pornlert. (2015). Biofeedback intervention for stress, anxiety, and depression among graduate students in public health nursing. Nursing Research and Practice, 2015, Article ID 160746, 5 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/160746. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/160746
- S. G. Hoffmann, A. Asnaani, I. J. Vonk., A. Sawyer & A. Fang. (2012). The Efficacy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: A Review of Meta-analyses. Journal of Cognitive Therapy and Research, 36, 427-440. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10608-012-9476-1
- T. Y. Kim & Y. Y. Kim. (2018). The Moderating Effect of Ego Resilience on the Relationship between Post-Traumatic Stress and Anxiety of National Merits of War. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(3), 477-485. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.3.477
- H. S. Cha. (2012). Research paper : Effects of Stress Relief by Aromatherapy Among the Nurses in Operating Theater. Journal of The Korean Society of Cosmetology, 18(3), 623-632.
- W. S. Kim & S. M. Oh. (2018). The Trend of Research on Korean Nurses Stress Program Intervention in Korea. Journal of Korean Clinical Health Science, 5(2), 864-880. https://doi.org/10.15205/KSCHS.2017.06.30.864
- M. S. Joo & Y. H. Song. (2014). The Effects of the EMDR Integrated Play Therapy on Anxiety, Anger and Self-Esteem with ADHD Children. Journal of Korean Association for the Psychological Rehabihitation of Children, 18(2), 54-73.
- H. W. Lee, D. H. Kim, H. L. Bea, J. H. Choi, D. H. Oh &Y. C. Park. (2008). Treatment Response and Symptomatic Changes after Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing in Psychiatric Disorders Other than Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Journal of Korean Academy of Anxiety Disorder, 4(1), 55-61.
- F. Shapiro. (1995). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing(EMDR): Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures. New York: Guildford.
- I. Jarero, L. Artigas, S. Uribe, L. E. Garcia, M. A. Cavazos & M. Givaud'an. (2014). Pilot Research Study on the Provision of the EMDR Integrative Group Treatment Protocol with Female Cancer Patients. Revista Iberoamericana de Psicotraumtologia y Disociaci'on. 6(3), 1-17.
- I. Jarero & L. Artigas. (2012). The EMDR Integrative Group Treatment Protocol: EMDR Group Treatment for Early Intervention Following Critical Incidents. European Review of Applied Psychology, 6(2), 219-222.
- I. Jarero. (2016). EMDR Integrative Group Treatment Protocol(EMDR-IGPT) & EMDR Protocol for Recent Citical Incidents & Ongoing Traumatic Stress(PRECI). South Korea Workshop.
- H. Bae. (2011). Predictors of Treatment Response by EMDR in Patients with PTSD. Doctoral dissertation, Hanyang university. Seoul.
- W. W. Zung. (1965). A Self-Rating Depression Scale. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 12, 63-70. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1965.01720310065008
- J. H. Lee. (1995). Development of the Korean from of Zung's Self-Rating depression Scale. Yeungnam University J Med, 12, 292-305. https://doi.org/10.12701/yujm.19188.8.131.522
- W. W. Zung. (1971). A Self-Rating Instrument for Anxiety Disorder. Psychosomatics, 12, 371-379. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3182(71)71479-0
- J. H. Lee. (1996). Development of the Korean from of Zung's Self-Rating Anxiety Scale. Yeungnam University J Med, 13, 279-294. https://doi.org/10.12701/yujm.19184.108.40.2069
- F. C. Weathers, B. T. Litz, D. C. Herman, J. A. Huska & T. M. Keane. (1993). The PTSD Checklist(PCL): Reliability, Validity, and Diagnostic Utility. Paper presented at: The 9th Annual Conference of the ISTSS, San Antonio.
- S. Park. et al. (2016). Reliability and Validity of the Korean Version of the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Checklist in Public Firefighters and Rescue Workers. Korean Journal of Biological Psychiatry, 23(1), 29-36.
- M. Rosenberg. (1965). Society and the Adolescent Self-Image. Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Press.
- B. J. Jeon. (1974). Self-Esteem : A Test of its Measurability. Yeonssei Journal, 11(1), 107-130.
- E. K. Lee & C. G. Heo. (2017). Convergent interaction effects of six worklife area on relation between nurse's patients related stress and burnout. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(8), 105-114. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.105
- S. J. Lee & J. S. Kim. (2017). Convergence study on relationship among verbal violence experience, verbal violence impact and burnout in operating room nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 85-96. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.085
- S. B. You & J. R. Son. (2018). Effects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT) on Complex PTSD Symptoms, Acceptance, and Post-traumatic Growth of College Students with Childhood Emotional Abuse. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(3), 561-572. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.3.561