- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Efficient Fluid Simulation through Various User Design-type Emission Control Solutions
사용자 설계형의 방출 제어 솔루션을 통한 효율적인 유체 시뮬레이션 구현
- Hwang, Min-Sik (Division of Digital Contents, Dongseo University) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Seok (Division of Digital Contents, Dongseo University)
- Received : 2018.04.19
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The realistic Visual Effects using fluid simulation in 3D computer graphics are operated as important factors to improve the quality of images. The process of creating realistic motions of water, fire, explosion by controlling each property of fluid is called fluid simulation. In general, the creation of a fluid simulation concentrates on the main simulation work phase, however an effective method for initial set up is important for the main simulation work. The purpose of this study is to analyze the factors involved in the initial emission motion and shape of fluid and propose methods that can efficiently apply this into the initial set up. For the process of the research, first, problems are raised based on related researches, and second, two experiments, 'Dynamic Fluid Emitter Creation' and 'User Design Type Emission Velocity Solution', are conducted for more effective fluid simulation. Through this research, the effective fluid simulation of initial set up phase will be suggested through the user design-type emission control solutions.
Fluid Simulation;Emitter;Container;Emission Velocity;User Design-type
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- S. K. Choi. (2009). A Study on Technology Trends of CG in Visual Effects and Suggestion, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, 12(4), 591-599.
- M. G. Kim, S. T. Oh & B. T. Choi. (2008). Fluid Simulations in Academy Awarded Movies, Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 14(3), 19-30.
M. S. Hwang & H. S. Lee. (2017). The Embodiment of Aesthetics of Light Ink Using Fluid Simulation -By Focusing on
, Journal of Korean Society of Media & Arts, 15(1), 91-106.
- O. Y. Song. (2008). The Recent Trend of Fluid Animation Techniques, The Korea Contents Association Review, 6(3), 61-67.
- B. G. Gu. (2007). The Embodiment of Natural Phenomenon using Fluid Simulation, The Journal of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 47(2), 90-91.
- B. K. Kang et al. (2003). Fluid Dynamics Based Animation Effects, Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, 21(7), 30-38.
- J. H. Lee & J. M. Hong. (2010). Case Study of Visual Effects production in Animation '7CS' using Fluid Simulation, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Industrial and Applied Mathmatics, 5(1), 15-18.
- B. S. Roh & C. H. Kim. (2005). Particle based Fluid Animation for Controllable Multiphase Smoke, Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 11(3), 34-40.
- M. S. Hwang & H. S. Lee. (2017). Fluid Simulation Control for Effective VFX Underwater Explosion Effects, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, 20(9), 1606-1618. https://doi.org/10.9717/KMMS.2017.20.9.1606
- B, K. Kang, J. H. Kim & I. S. Ihm. (2004). Case Study : Sofrware Development for Physically-Based Water and Reactive Gas Animation, Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 10(3), 17-27.
- E. J. Kim. (2009). Interactive Simulation between Rigid body and Fluid using Simplified Fluid-Surface Model, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, 12(2), 323-328.
- J. G. Lim, B. J. Kim & J. M. Hong. (2013). An Adaptive FLIP-Level set Hybrid Method for Efficient Fluid Simulation, Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 19(3), 1-11.
- S. T. Kim, H. R. Jung & J. M. Hong. (2013). Parallel Processing of Multi-Core Processor and GPUs in Projection Step for Efficient Fluid Simulation, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(6), 48-54. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.048
- S. T. Kim et al. (2012). A Case Study of Fluid Simulation in the Film 'Sector 7', Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 18(3), 17-27.
- B. J. Kim, J. G. Lim & J. M. Hong. (2014). Coupled simulation of grid-based fluid and mass-spring based deformation/fracture, Journal of the Korea Computer Graphics Society, 20(4), 9-16. https://doi.org/10.15701/kcgs.2014.20.4.9