- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of major research trends in artificial intelligence based on domestic/international patent data
국내외 특허데이터 기반의 인공지능분야 기술동향 분석
- Chung, Myoung Sug (Department of Industrial Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Jeong, So-Hee (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Joo Yeoun (Department of Industrial Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
Recently, the 4th industrial revolution has emerged as the core for enhancing national competitiveness, the development of a technology roadmap to efficiently develop related technologies to realize super intelligence as a main feature of the 4th Industrial Revolution is a major task has been highlighted. The objective of this study is to analyze the domestic and foreign technology level in the artificial intelligence field which is the core technology of the 4th Industrial Revolution era and to present the direction of development based on this. The keyword network analysis and the blank technical analysis based on the IPC classification were performed on the data derived from the keyword search of 'AI (Artificial Intelligence)' among domestic and foreign patent data. As a result, the number of domestic artificial intelligence related technology development was 1.2% compared with developed countries such as USA and Europe. In the major development fields, data recognition technology and digital information transmission technology were relatively insufficient. Through this study, we obtained the blank technology as a result of comparative analysis of domestic artificial intelligence related technologies compared to advanced countries and suggested the direction of domestic artificial intelligence technology development in future.
Artificial Intelligence;Patent Trends;Keyword Analysis;Network Analysis;Trend Analysis;the 4th Industrial Revolution
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP), Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy, Korea Industrial Technology Development Agency
- M. B. Yoon, J. H. Lee & J. E. Baek. (2016). Topophilia Convergence Science Education for Enhancing Learning Capabilities in the Age of Artificial Intelligence Based on the Case of Challenge Match Lee Sedol and AlphaGo. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(4), 123-131. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.123
- D. W. Kim & B. J. Kim. (2016). How AlphaGo does Change People's Perception of Introduction of Artificial Intelligence into Intellectual Work. Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 33(4), 107-158.
- Bentar Priyopradono, Danny Manongga & Wiranto Herry Utomo. (2013). Spatial Social Network Analysis: Program Pengembangan Usaha Agribisnis Perdesaan(PUAP) or an Exertion Development Program in Supporting the Region Revitalization Development. Social Networking, 2(2), 63-76. https://doi.org/10.4236/sn.2013.22008
- S. G. Han. (2016). Main contents of American Artificial Intelligence Report, Seoul : KISA.
- Y. D. Yun, Y. W. Yang & H. S. Lim. (2016), A SNS Data-driven Comparative Analysis on Changes of Attitudes toward Artificial Intelligence, Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 173-182. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.173
- S. H. Jun. (2013). A Big Data Learning for Patent Analysis, Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 23(5), 406-182. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.5.406
- Yuen-Hsien Tseng, Chi-jen Lin & Yu-I Lin. (2007). Text mining techniques for patent analysis. Information Processing & Management, 43, 1216-1247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ipm.2006.11.011
- P. R. Kim & S. H. Hwang. (2009). A study on the Projection of the IT-based Promising Technologies Utilizing Patent Database. Korea Institute Of Communication Sciences, 34(10), 1021-1030.
- H. M. Baek & M. S. Kim. (2013). Technological Convergence Trend through Patent Network Analysis: Focusing on Patent Data in Korea, U.S., Europe, and Japan. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 8(2), 11-19. https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.8.2.201306.11
- S. H. Jun. (2011). Technology Forecasting of Intelligent Systems using Patent Analysis. Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 21(1), 100-105. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2011.21.1.100
- J. W. Gu, J. H. Lee, M. S. Chung & J. Y. Lee (2017), Electric Vehicle Technology Trends Forecast Research Using the Paper and Patent Data. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 165-172. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.165
- S. S. Lee. (2013). Network analysis methods, Seoul : Nonhyeong.
- J. H. Choi, H. S. Kim & N. G. Im. (2011). Keyword Network Analysis for Technology Forecasting. Korea Intelligent Information Systems Society, 17(4), 227-240.
- B. C. Choi, H. M. Baek & M. S. Kim. (2015). Patent Citation Network Analysis as a Measure of Technical Knowledge Diffusion in Korea: Focusing on ICT. Korean Society of Business Venturing, 10(1), 143-151.
- J. H. Park & M. Song. (2013). A Study on the Research Trends in Library & Information Science in Korea using Topic Modeling. Journal of Korea Society for Information Management, 30(1), 7-36. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.1.007
- B. K. Lee. (2017). Patent Competitiveness and Technology-Industry Linkage Analysis of Artificial Intelligence Technology: Comparative Analysis of Major Advanced Countries. Seoul : KERI
- G. H. Jung. (2010). Future Prediction Method Using Text Mining and Network Analysis. Seoul : KISTEP.
- J. G. Heo & C. H. Yang. (2013). Applying Network Analysis in Convergent Research Relationships: The case of High-Tech Convergence Technology Development Program. Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, 16(4), 883-912.
- J. M. Choe. (2016). Investigating Journal Citation Network with Centrality Measures in the Public Administration and Policy Field, Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(9), 301-308. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.301
- K. H. Choi, H. H. Oh & H. J. Kwang. (2014). Network analysis using frequency of cross-citation and comparing citation index of accounting journals, Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(2), 143-149. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.143
- S. H. Ju. (2016). Analysis on structure of National Innovation System in IT, Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(4), 129-138. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.129
- Marc Smith. (2009). Analyzing Social Media Networks: Learning by Doing with NodeXL. Network Analysis with NodeX.
- M. S. Chung, S. H. Park, B. H. Chae & J. Y. Lee. (2017). Analysis of major research trends in artificial intelligence through analysis of thesis data. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(5), 225-233. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.225