- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Technical, Individual and Situational Factors Affecting Intention to Use of Mobile Easy Payment Service : Focusing on the Moderating Effects of Subjective Norms
기술, 개인, 상황 특성이 모바일 간편 결제서비스 이용의도에 미치는 영향 : 주관적 규범의 조절효과
- Park, Hyunsun (School of Business Administration, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Sanghyun (School of Business Administration, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2018.04.11
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
With the development of information and communication technologies, popularization of smart phones, and relaxation of the government regulation, mobile easy payment service is rapidly growing as a major financial service. Therefore, this study examines factors that influence the intention to use mobile easy payment service through empirical analysis. We collected 386 responses by survey and formed structural equation modeling with AMOS 22.0. The results show that technical factors(relative advantage, security), individual factor(self-efficacy), situational factors(trust in prior services and satisfaction of prior services) had a positive effect on the perceived value. In addition, perceived value had a positive effect on the intention to use mobile easy payment services. Lastly, subjective norms are closely related to the relationship between perceived value and intention to use mobile easy payment services. The results can be expected to provide useful references to the Fintech related industry fields.
- E. Y. Cho & H. W. Kim. (2015). A Study on the Promotion of Mobile Easy Payment Services in the Fintech Era. Information Policy, 22(4), 22-44.
- C. H. Chae. (2017). Competing Easy Payment Services, ICT Spot Issue.
- Korea Consumer Agency. (2016). Research of Mobile Easy Payment Services.
- S. H. Kim & H. S. Park. (2017). Impacts of Individual and Technical Characteristics on Perceived Risk and User Resistance of Mobile Payment Services. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12), 239-253. DOI :10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.239 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.239
- S. D. Kim, J. I. Lim & S. B. Yang. (2016). An Empirical Study on Influencing Factors of Intention to Use Third-Party Mobile Payment Services: Applying the Task-Technology Fit Model. Journal of the Korea Society of IT Servces, 15(2), 185-201. DOI : 10.9716/KITS.2016.15.2.185 https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2016.15.2.185
- C. K. Kim, J. G. Kim & S. J. Choi. (2017). A Study on the Acceptance Decision Factors for Mobile Easy Payment Services in Digital Convergence Media Ara: Focusing Samsung Pay. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 213-221. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.213 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.213
- T. L. Zhang & J. H. Lee. (2016). A Study on the Use Intention of Easy Mobile Payment Services. The e-Business Studies, 17(6), 203-218. DOI :10.20462/TeBS.2016.12.17.6.203 https://doi.org/10.20462/TeBS.2016.12.17.6.203
- J. H. Han, S. H. Jae, B. H. Kim & J. S. Park. (2015). Effects of Consumer Trust and Perceived Usefulness on Mobile Payments and Online Shopping Website Loyalty, Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(12), 75-87. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.75 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.75
- V. A. Zeithaml. (1988). Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality, and Value: A Means-End Model and Synthesis of Evidence. The Journal of Marketing, 52, 2-22. DOI : 10.2307/1251446 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- H. W. Kim, H. C. Chan & S. Gupta. (2007). Value-based Adoption of Mobile Internet: An Empirical Investigation. Decision Support Systems, 43(1), 111-126. DOI : 10.1016/j.dss.2005.05.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2005.05.009
- Z. Deng, Y. Lu, K. K. Wei & J. Zhang. (2010). Understanding Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty: An Empirical Study of Mobile Instant Messages in China. International Journal of Information Management, 30, 289-300. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2009.10.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2009.10.001
- H. Y. Wang & S. H. Wang. (2010). Predicting Mobile Hotel Reservation Adoption: Insight from a Perceived Value Standpoint. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29(4), 598-608. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijhm.2009.11.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2009.11.001
- H. F. Lin. (2011). An Empirical Investigation of Mobile Banking Adoption: The Effect of Innovation Attributes and Knowledge-based Trust. International Journal of Information Management, 31, 252-260. DOI : 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.07.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.07.006
- J. Hwang & H. S. Yu. (2016). A Study of Factors Affecting the Intention to Use a Mobile Easy Payment Service: An Integrated Extension of TAM with Perceived Risk. Journal of Information Technology and Architecture, 13(2), 291-306.
- W. D. Salisbury, R. Pearson, A. Pearson & D. W. Miller. (2001). Perceived Security and WWW Purchase Intention. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 101(4), 165-177. DOI : 10.1108/02635570110390071 https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570110390071
- D. H. Shin. (2009). Towards an Understanding of Consumer Acceptance of Mobile Wallet. Computers in Human Behavior, 25, 1343-1354. DOI : 10.1016/j.chb.2009.06.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.06.001
- C. A. Lee, H. J. Yun, C. H. Lee & C. Choong. (2015). Factors Affecting Continuous Intention to Use Mobile Wallet: Based on Value-based Adoption Model. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 20(1), 117-135. DOI : 10.7838/jsebs.2015.20.1.117 https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2015.20.1.117
- C. W. Park & V. P. Lessig. (1981). Familiarity and Its Impact on Consumer Decision Biases and Heuristic. Journal of Consumer Research, 8, 223-230. DOI : 10.1086/208859 https://doi.org/10.1086/208859
- Y. S. Park & M. H. Han. (2001). The Effects of Perceived Risk and Perceived Quality on the Consumers Online Buying Behavior. Journal of Korean Marketing Association, 16(1), 59-84.
- T. M. Lee. (2001). Application of the Technology Acceptance Model to Mobile Commerce Context. The Korean Academic Association of Business Administration, 17(5), 2183-2209.
- A. Bandura. (1997). Self-Efficacy: The Exercise of Control. New York: WH Freeman & Co..
- Y. S. Han & Y. J. Kim. Structural Relationship among SNS Users' Self-efficacy, Social Exchange Benefits, Perceived Value and User Loyalty. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, 13(3), 89-110.
- S. M. Jung. (2017). A Comparative Study of Factors Affecting the Intention to Use Mobile Payment Services: Focusing on the Types of Mobile Payment Services and Different Age Groups. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 18(9), 101-112.
- K. C. Lee, I. Kang & D. H. McKnight. (2007). Transfer from Offline Trust to Key Online Perceptions: An Empirical Study. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 54(4), 729-741. DOI : 10.1109/tem.2007.906851 https://doi.org/10.1109/tem.2007.906851
- F. M. Tseng & H. Y. Chiang. (2013). Exploring Consumers to Buy Innovative Products: Mobile Phone Upgrading Intention. Journal of High Technology Management Research, 24, 77-87. DOI : 10.1016/j.hitech.2013.09.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hitech.2013.09.002
- G. Premkumar & A. Bhattacherjee. (2008). Explaining Information Technology Usage: A Test of competing Models. Omega, 36, 64-75. DOI : 10.1016/j.omega.2005.12.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2005.12.002
- M. M. Al-Debei & E. Al-Lozi. (2014). Explaining and Predicting the Adoption Intention of Mobile Data Services: A Value-based Approach. Computers in Human Behavior, 35, 326-338. DOI : 10.1016/j.chb.2014.03.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2014.03.011
- S. H. Yang, Y. S. Hwang & J. K. Park. (2016). A Study on the Use of Fintech Payment Services Based on the UTAUT Model. Journal of Management & Economics, 38(1), 183-209.
- J. C. Nunnally. (1978). Psychometric Theory (2nd), New York: McGraw-Hill.
- D. W. Barclay, C. A. Higgins & R. L. Thompson. (1995). The Partial Least Squares(PLS) Approach to Causal Modeling: Personal Computer Adoption and Use as an Illustration. Technology Studies, 2(2), 285-309.
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker. (1981). Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error: Algebra and Statistics. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(3), 382-388. DOI : 10.2307/3151335 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151335
- R. M. Baron & D. A. Kenny. (1986). The Moderator-Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research: Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. DOI : 10.1037//0022-35126.96.36.1993 https://doi.org/10.1037//0022-35188.8.131.523
- G. Premkumar & K. Ramamurthy. (1995). The Role of Interorganizational and Organizational Factors on the Decision Model or Adoption of Interorganizational Systems. Decision Sciences, 26(3), 303-336. DOI : 10.1111/j.1540-5915.1995.tb01431.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1995.tb01431.x
- J. S. Lee & J. H. Park. (2018). The Effects of Characteristics of User and System on the Perceived Cognition and the Continuous Use Intention of Fintech. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 291-301. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.291