- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Forwarding Companies' Efficiency handling Overseas Construction Project Logistics using DEA
DEA분석을 활용한 건설프로젝트 화물포워딩 업체의 효율성 분석
- Lee, Jun-Woo (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Park, Sung-Hoon (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Oh, Jae-Gyun (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yeo, Gi-Tae (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2018.04.03
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
Although many logistics companies are interested in project logistics, the existing research has been limited to the growth potential of project logistics market and the high barrier and importance of project logistics. This study analyzes using DEA the operational efficiency of forwarding companies registered in major overseas construction EPC companies and performing logistics services for overseas plant construction projects. For efficiency analysis, Super-SBM analysis and Malmquist analysis are used among DEA analysis techniques. As a result of the Super-SBM analysis, DMU 5 ranked first at 1.807. DMU 5 is more efficient than the other large corporations because it has the stable supply of its parent company H and the smallest input and output variables among the large corporations. As a result of Malmquist analysis, TCI, which is a technological development, showed a fluctuation while TECI showed a relatively stable variation. In addition, there is a difference in scale between major companies and small and medium sized companies. So, it is necessary to identify the efficiency improvement strategy for each group and apply it to the practical work.
- Korea Statistics. (2018). By province, industry, definition of establishment. Korea Statistics. http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=D T_1K52B01&conn_path=I2
- J. H. Um. (2017. 5. 16). Revenues "surged" despite the decline in sales of domestic forwarders last year. Cargo News.
- Korea Eximbank Overseas Economuc Research Institute. (2017, Dec). 2018 Overseas Construction Market Forecast. Overseas Construction Market Outlook and Response Strategy for 18 Years. KOTRA Overseas Order Council 30th Demand Forum. (pp. 23-31). Seoul : KOTRA
- S. H. Park, Y. D. Cha & G. T. Yeo. (2017). Strategies For improvement of Less Container Load freight-forwarding service. The Journal of shipping and logistics, 94, 299-319.
- K. J. Song & G. T. Yeo. (2016). A Study on International Freight Forwarders' Risk Management Strategies - Using the AHP Method - Korean Journal of Logistics, 24(4), 59-79. https://doi.org/10.15735/kls.2016.24.4.005
- K. S. Moon, C. H. Lim & K. S. Ahn. (2016). An Exploratory Performance Analysis of The Forest Sector R&D Program. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(8), 47-56. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.47
- K. O. Choi, J. H. Yun, J. K. Lee & G. T. Yeo. (2015). Analysis of Efficiency of Forwarding Companies using DEA. The Journal of shipping and logistics, 86, 331-352.
- W. K. Kook. (2013). An Empirical Study on the Efficiency and Productivity of Logistics Firms using DEA and Malmquist, Korea logistics review, 23(1), 29-49.
- J. K. Jeong & K. S. Kim. (2011). Measuring Relative Efficiency of Korean Refractory Companies Using DEA. Korea Journal of Business Administration, 24(4), 2015-2034.
- S. C. Oh & Y. H. Ahn. (2013). Efficiency Analysis for Certified Integrated Logistics Companies Using DEA and Malmquist Productivity Index, Korean Journal of Logistics, 21(2), 93-112. https://doi.org/10.15735/kls.2013.21.2.007
- K. Y. Hwang, B. S. Sung & W. Y. Song. (2012). A DEA and Malmquist Index Approach to Measuring Productivity and Efficiency of Korean's Shipping Firms. International Commerce and Information Review, 14(3), 323-350.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes. (1978). Measuring the efficiency of decision making units. European journal of operational research, 2(6), 429-444. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(78)90138-8
- K. H. Kim, S. J. Hwang & J. P. Lee. (2018). Efficiency and Productivity Analysis for Global Natural Gas Companies : Focusing on the 2Step DEA Model and Malmquist Productivity Index Model. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 31(2), 347-376. https://doi.org/10.18032/kaaba.2018.31.2.347
- H. K. Kim & C. W. Lee. (2017). A Study on Efficiency of Local Water Supply Service Contracting by Data Envelopment Analysis and Malmquist Index. Management Information Systems review, 36(3), 89-111. https://doi.org/10.29214/damis.2017.36.3.006
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. Kim, S. J. Lee. (2011). Ripple Effect Analysis of Regional Industry Technology Development Using DEA, Journal of Digital Convergence, 9(6), 1-11.
- H. D. Sherman & G. Ladino. (1995). Managing bank productivity using data envelopment analysis (DEA). Interfaces, 25(2), 60-73.
- K. K. Ko. (2017). Theory of Efficiency Analysis. Goyang : Moonwoo.
- J. M. Park, J. W. Jeon & G. T. Yeo. (2015). A Study on Efficiency of Resident Logistics Companies in Port Hinterland Using Super-SBM. Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, 39(6), 507-514. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2015.39.6.507
- J. M. Jung. (2015). A Study on the Efficiency of the National University Libraries in South Korea. Korean Public Administration Quarterly, 27(3), 851-879.
- D. W. Caves., L. R. Christensen. & W. E. Diewert. (1982). The economic theory of index numbers and the measurement of input, output, and productivity. Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society, 1393-1414.
- R. Fare., S. Grosskopf & C. K. Lovell (1994). Production frontiers. Cambridge University Press.
- S. G. Yoon, S. H. Park, H. M. Ma & G. T. Yeo. (2017). A Study on the Operating Efficiency of Parcel Delivery Sub-terminal Agency focus on A company. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 31-43. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.31
- Y. J. Lee, J. M. Gong, J. W. Jeon & G. T. Yeo. (2016). A DEA and Malmquist Index Approach to Measuring Productivity and Efficiency of Korean Trucking Companies. Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 32(2), 91-103.
- S. H. Lee. (2013). A Study on the Effect of Reverse Logistics Capability on Profits and Collaboration Satisfaction. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 4(4), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.4.001
- S. H. Lee. (2013). A Study on Determining Factors for Manufacturers to Distributors Warehouse in Supply Chain. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 4(2), 15-20. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.2.015