- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Influence of Knowledge Information Factors and Management Factors of the KMS on Business Performance - Moderating Effect of Evaluation and Compensation
지식관리시스템의 지식정보 요인 및 관리요인이 경영성과에 미치는 영향 - 평가와 보상의 조절효과
- Lee, Seung-Min (Dept. of Convergence Industry, Seoul Venture University) ;
- Yi, Seon-Gyu (Dept. of Convergence Industry, Seoul Venture University)
- Received : 2018.03.30
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the influence of KMS(Knowledge Management System) on the performance of KMS by setting the factors affecting KMS 's management performance as knowledge information factor and management factor. And the moderating effect of evaluation and compensation on knowledge information factor, management factor and management performance. As a result of the analysis, it was analyzed that the knowledge information factor set by the knowledge adaptability, the reliability of knowledge information, and knowledge management process affects the definition of management performance. Among the management factors, organizationalization and cooperation factors influence definition Respectively. In the results of verifying whether assessment and compensation play a moderating role, it is found that knowledge compatibility of knowledge information factor, reliability of knowledge information, support of knowledge management process, knowledge sharing activity of management factor, cooperation has played a moderating role in business performance.
KMS;Knowledge information factor;Management factor;Evaluation and compensation;Management performance trust
- P. J. Sher & V. C. Lee. (2004). information technology as a facilitator for enhancing dynamic capabilities through knowledge management, Information & Management, 41, 933-945. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2003.06.004
- M. M. Wasko & S. Faraj. (2005). Why Should I Share? Examining Social Capital and Knowledge Contribution in Electronic Networks of Practice, MIS Quarterly, 29(1), 35-37. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148667
- Y. J. Seo. (2004). A Study on Relationship Between the Success Factors and Performance of Knowledge Management System, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Yeung Nam University, Kyeong Nam.
- J. I. Tak. (2008). An Empirical Study on the Critical Success Factors for Military Knowledge Management System, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Catholic University, Seoul.
- M. Alavi & D. E. Leidner. (2001). Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management Systems: Conceptual Foundations and Research Issues, MIS Quarterly, 25(1), 107-114. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250961
- I. Nonaka & N. Konno. (1998). The Concept of 'Ba': Building a Foundation for Knowledge Creation, California Management Review, 40(3), 40-54. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165942
- D. Y. Cheon. (2002). Development Plans for Government Knowledge Management System, The Korea Society of Management Information Systems, Spring Conference, 697-705.
- S. W. Byeon & S. W. Choi. (2005). A Study on the Successful Case of a Knowledge Management System Adoption Company, Corporate Management Research, 12(1), 94.
- D. Nevo & Y. E. Chan. (2007). A Delphi study of knowledge management systems: Scope and requirement, Information & Management, 44, 583-597. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2007.06.001
- G. W. Bock, R. Sabherwal & Z. Q Ian, (2006). The Effect of Social Context of the Success of Knowledge Repository Systems: Exploring the Paradox between Knowledge Contribution and Reuse, The Knowledge Management Society of Korea, Spring Conference, 3-38.
- Y. Y. Cho. (2013). A Study on the Effect for Organizational Performance of the Suitability of Strategy and the Introduction Factors of Knowledge Management System, Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul Venture University, Seoul.
- King, W. R & Marks Jr., P. V. (2008). Motivating Knowledge Sharing through a Knowledge management System, Omega, 36(1), 131-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2005.10.006
- S. H. Ru. (2003). A Study on Connection Between Organization's Knowledge Management Agents and Its Performances, Ph. D. Dissertation, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul.
- B. Y. Lee. (2008). A Study on the Determinants of Knowledge Management Activities in Local Government, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Catholic University, Seoul.
- J. H. Lee, Y. G. Kim & M. Y. Kim. (2006). A Study on the Influence of Knowledge Activities on Organizational Performance: Focusing on Knowledge Creation Activity and Knowledge Sharing Activity, Knowledge Management Research, 7(1), 13-30.
- H. Lee & B. Choi. (2003). knowledge Management Enablers, Processes, and Organizational Performance: An Integrative View and Empirical Examination, Journal of Management Information Systems, 20(1), 179- 228. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045756
- J. H. Kim, S. H. Yu & Y. G. Kim. (2003). Exploratory Case Study on Factors to Influence Performance of Knowledge Management System, Korean Management Science Review, 20(1), 1-23.
- S. H. Kim. (2002). Effect of E-business Strategy and Information System on Knowledge Management, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Pusan National University, Pusan.
- K. G. Kim, B. S. Kim, S. J. Song & H. K. Shin. (2005). The Use of Knowledge Sharing Intention and Knowledge Management System, The Journal of MIS Research, 15(3), 65-90.
- D. J. Lee & J. H, Ahn. (2007). Reward systems for intra-organizational knowledge sharing, European Journal of Operational Research, 180, 938-956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2006.03.052
- C. O'Dell & C. J. Grayson. (1998). If Only We Knew What We Know: Identification and Transfer of Internal Best Practice, California Management Review, 40(3), 154-175. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165948
- E. Lank. (1997). Leveraging invisible Assets: The human Factor, Long range Planning, 30, 406-412. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-6301(97)90258-2
- S. S. Kim. (2004). A Study on the relationship among success factors of Knowledge Management, Knowledge sharing and organizational performance, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Dankook University, Seoul.
- H. J. Lee. (2004). An Empirical Study on the Relationship between Knowledge Management and Governmental Performance, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Kyung-Hee University, Seoul.
- B. G. Koo. (2010). A study of the result and affecting influence factors in application of KMS in public sector, Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul Venture University, Seoul.
- C. C. H. Law & E. W. T. Ngai. (2007). An empirical study of the effects of knowledge sharing and learning behaviors on firm performance, Expert Systems with Applications.
- Davenport, T. & Klahr, P. (1998). Managing customer support knowledge, California Management Review, 40(3), 195-208. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165950
- Gold, A. H., Malhotra, A. & Segars, A. H. (2001). Knowledge Management: An organizational capability perspective, Journal of Management Information System, 18(1), 185-214. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2001.11045669
- Mcdermott, R. & C. O'Dell. (2001). Overcoming cultural barriors to sharing knowledge, Journal Of Knowledge Management, 5, 77-85.
- K. C. Jung, J. K. Lee & Y. S. Jang. (2003). Analysis of Success Factors of Knowledge Management System: Examples of Construction Industry in Korea, Proceedings of the Spring Conference of the Korean Society of Management Information Systems, 897-906.
- Y. Y. Cho & S. G. Yi. (2015). The Effect of Organization Factors and Knowledge Information Characteristic Factors on Organization Performance of Knowledge Management System, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(3), 1815-1823. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.1815
- S. G. Yi. (2017). Moderating roles of strategy suitability factors between IT factor and User factors on non-financial Performance, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(2), 489-498. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.02.489
- H. G. Gong, (2004). An Empirical Study on the Effect of Knowledge Sharing on Knowledge Management System Performance, Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Jeon-Nam University, Jeon-Nam.
- H. Yli-renko, E. Autio & H. J. Sapienva, (2001). Social capital, knowledge Acquisition and knowledge exploitation in young technology-based firms, Strategic Management Journal, 22, 587-613. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.183