- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Case Study of the Effects of Liberal Accounting for Financial Literacy
교양회계 과목이 재무이해력 수준에 미치는 효과 분석
- Yoon, Sung-Yong (Dept. of Accounting, Kyungsung University)
- 윤성용 (경성대학교 상경대학 회계학과)
- Received : 2018.02.23
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
In the capital market, there has been a need to improve the level of financial literacy in order to make the right economic decision, and to increase the responsiveness of advanced countries to financial problems and to be more responsive to the economic environment. In this study, we analyzed whether the liberal accounting education implemented with the goal of improving the level of financial literacy of students in K University was effective. The effects of financial literacy level were analyzed after conducting tests for each phase after opening an liberal accounting. The analysis showed that students' level of financial literacy increased after the education of liberal accounting. These results indicate that the education of liberal accounting is more effective for improving financial literacy and show that liberal accounting are useful in the preparation of financial literacy programs in each university.
Financial Literacy;Financial Education;Financial Stress;Liberal Arts;Liberal Accounting
Supported by : Kyungsung University
- J. H. Kim & H. J. Choi. (2011). The Development of Consumer Financial Competency Measure. Financial Planning Review, 4(3), 1-36.
- Mastercard. (2016). Progress Towards Financial Wellbeing is Stagnant across Asia Pacific.
- A. R. Kim & H. K. Yang. (2016). The Effects of Financial Literacy and Financial Distress on the Financial Management Behavior of Young Working Adults. Financial Planning Review, 9(4), 79-105.
- H. C. Choe, Y. A. Sung & S. J. Yang. (2008). A Review of Research Trends and Practical Tasks in Personal Financial Planning Area. Financial Planning Review, 1(1), 1-17.
- J. T. Kim, S. J. Pae & H. S. Han. (2016). Financial Literacy of University Students in Korea : Focusing on the Case of Chung-Ang University, Da Vinci Future General Education Institute. The Journal of General Education,. 4, 107-134. https://doi.org/10.24173/jge.2016.12.4.107
- OECD. (2006.7). The Importance of Financial Education. OECD Policy Brief(Online). http://www.oecd.org
- Financial Supervisory Service. (2017). 2016 National Financial Literacy Survey. Seoul : Financial Supervisory Service.
- Y. K. Lim. (2017). Accounting in the Liberal Arts Curriculum-Focusing on the Early Introduction of the American College of Liberal Arts Accounting, Korean Journal of General Education, 11(2), 281-309.
- K. Y. Chung. (2002). Role of Accounting and Education in Social Developments, Accounting Information Review, (7), 59-83.
- H. M. Ji. (2011). The Demand Analysis for Practical Accounting Education, Accounting Information Review, (16), 23-45.
- B. B. Douglas, D. M. Garett & D. M. Maki. (2001). Education and Saving: The Long Term Effects of High School Financial Curriculum Mandates. Journal of Public Economics, 80(3), 436-466.
- A. Lusardi. (2008). Overcoming the Saving Slump: How to Increase the Effectiveness of Financial Education and Saving Programs. Chicago : Univ. of Chicago Press.
- L. M. Borden, S. A. Lee, J. Serido & D. Collins. (2008). Changing College Students' Financial Knowledge, Attitudes and Behavior through Seminar Participation. Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 29(1), 23-40. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10834-007-9087-2
- K. J. Kim & J. H. Hong. (2002). Personal Financial Management Education for College Students. Journal of Human Ecology, 22(1), 5-17.
- E. Y. Baek, M. K. Bae & S. S. Lee. (2004) The Effects of Financial Education on the Perceived Financial Management Problems of U. S. College Students. Family and Environment Research, 42(8), 219-233.
- H. C. Choe & H. J. Cho. (2011). A Study on the Effects of Financial Education and Financial Experiences on the Financial Literacy of Undergraduate Students. Journal of Consumer Studies, 22(4), 55-75.
- H. C. Kim. (2005). Money management behaviors of college students according to credit card usage. Journal of Korea Association of Human Ecology, 14(1), 95-105.
- M. J. Kim, H. S. Lee, H. S. Kim & M. J. Gwag. (2012). Educational Effects of Personal Finance Class as Liberal Arts for Enhancing Financial Literacy of University Students. Consumer Policy and Education Review, 8(4), 71-91.
- Y. S. Cho & S. C. Park. (2010). Current Trends of Financial Education in Korea. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 23(2), 1185-1203.
- M. Y. Woo & J. S. Kim (2012). The efficient operation of computerized tax accounting education plan. The Journal of digital Convergence, 10(1), 229-240. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.1.229
- J. W. Kim. (2015). Efficacy Analysis of eveloped Course for Promoting Character Education with Women's University Students. The Journal of digital Convergence, 13(11), 481-491. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.481