- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Developing and Validating of a Scale for Business Effectiveness of Microcredit
마이크로크레딧 사업 운영의 효과성 측정을 위한 척도개발 및 타당화 연구
- Yim, Eun-Eui (Dept. of Social Welfare of Far East University) ;
- Kim, Haklyoung (Ewha Social Welfare Research)
- Received : 2018.04.13
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
This study aims to develop the scale for business effectiveness targeting microcredit users. For this, based on domestic preceding researchers empirically handling the microcredit and also focus group interviews with users and specialists, total 30 preliminary questions were composed. After that, conducting the exploratory factor analysis targeting 127 finally collected surveys, in the results of analysis, the scale validity of three factors and 24 questions was verified. Also, considering the goodness-of-fit of model through the confirmatory factor analysis, the effectiveness scale of microcredit business was determined. The concrete factors included 5 questions of the store operation, 3 questions of business start-up satisfaction, and 16 questions of management competency. Lastly, based on the effectiveness scale of business developed by this study, the research direction and the practical development direction of microcredit was suggested.
Microcredit;Microfinance;Social Finance;Effectiveness Scale;User Change
Supported by : National Research Foundation
- K. R. Song. (2017). New Thing on Inclusive Nations in Korea. Seoul: 21cbooks Publishing Co.
- E. Rhyne. (2009). MICROFINANCE for BANKERS and INVESTORS, Washington, DC, McGraw-Hill.
- E. E. Yim & E. J. Park. (2013). Policy Changes on the Microcredit in Korea. The Journal of the Korea Contents Society, 13(1), 234-246. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.01.234 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.01.234
- Sisa Journal. (2018). Deregulation of establish stage in the Social Finance Bank. http://www.sisajournal-e.com/biz/article/182147
- Y. S. Jung & K. Y. Lee. (2013). Trends of International Microcredit Industry and Lessons for the Development of Korean Smile Microdredit Bank. Korea Development Economic Assoiciation, 19(1), 35-79.
- E. E. Yim. (2015). Study on the Influence of Start-up Factors and Self-efficacy on Economic Performance of Microenterprise. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(12), 1-12. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.1 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.1
- M. H. Ryu. (2008). The study of the outcome for the labor welfare program: Micro-enterprise Program. Social Science Research Review, 24(1), 41-62.
- S. G. Kim. (2006). Study on result of business startup support program for female breadwinners : Focused on contribution case toward society of S life insurance company. master's thesis Sungkyunkwan university.
- C. G. Park. (2010). Microfinance and Business Education in Korea, Korea Business Review, 13(3), 87-117.
- Y. J. Im, E. E. Yim, S. K. Park & Y. S. Lee. (2014). A Study on the Construct of the Change of the Recognition of Low-income Female Single Parents after using Microcredit-Q Methodological Application. Korea Family Welfare, 45, 121-147.
- N. Schreiner & J. Morduch. (2001). Replicating Microfinance in the United States: Opportunities and Challenges, edited by Jim Carr anc Zhong Yi Tong, Replicating Microfinance in the United States. Washington, D.C: Fannie Mae Foundation.
- K. Lamia. (2015). Microfiannce and Its DIscontents, Seoul, Maybook Publishing.
- R. Marguerite. (2001). The Microfinance Revolution, Washington, D.C., World Bank Publications.
- L. Mayoux. (2002). Women's Empowerment and Participation in Micro-Finance:Evidence, Issues and Ways Forward,, 1.
- Y. S. Chung & S. Y. An. (2017). Social Performance and Sustainability of Microfinance Programs: Comparison of Korea and U.K. Korea Social Policy Review, 24(3), 27-53.
- P. Clark & A. Kays. (1999). Microenterprise and the Poor: Findings from the Self-Employment Learning Project Five-year Study of Microentrepreneur, Washington, DC, the Aspen Institute.
- S. Raheim & C. Alter. (1995). Self-employment as a social and economic developent intervention for recipients of AFDC, Journal of Community Practice, 5(1-2), 41-61.
- C. K. Sanders. (2002). The Impact of Microenterprise Assistance Programs: A Comparative Study of Program Participants, non-participants and other low-wage worker, The Social Service, 76, 321-340. https://doi.org/10.1086/339664
- Y. S. Chung & Y. K. Song. (2008). Survival Probability and Multivariate Survival Analysis of Micro-enterprises after Start-ups, Korean Social Security Studies, 24(1), 307-332.
- E. E. Yim. (2015). The Study on Survival of Microcredit Start-up : Focused on the Poor Single Mother. Woman Study, 88(1), 373-402.
- Y. S. Chung. (2008a). Determinants of the Financial Outcomes of Micro-enterprises, Korea Social Welfare Policy, 33(3), 531-557.
- Y. S. Chung. (2008b). A Path Analysis of the Impact of a Micro-Enterprise Support Program on the Participants Increased Income and Independence from Public Assistance, Social Security, 24(4), 89-115.
- J. H. Sung & J. H. Kim. (2009). A Study on the effectiveness of Micro-Credit Loans for the Low-income Female Heads : The Case of "urgent support cash sos project" of Korean Women Fund, The Korea Social Welfare Research, 21, 73-95.
- Y. Baek. S. E. Cho, K. H. Kim & K. H. Kim. (2010). The Study of the Sustainability and Business Potential of the Self-employment Community Supported by Korean Microcredit Joyful Union, Social Welfare Policy, 37(2), 291-324. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2010.37.2.291
- S. Y. Kim & B. H. Park. (2011). A Study on the Social Values of the Micro-Credit: Focusing on the case study using SROI model. Social Welfare Policy, 38(1), 277-304. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2011.38.1.277
- T. Y. Um. (2014). A Study on Developing a Scale for Emotional Self Sufficiency, Korea Social Policy, 21(4), 81-102. https://doi.org/10.17000/kspr.21.4.201412.81
- E. J. Lee. (2014). Factors Affecting Emotional and Social Self-Sufficiency of Welfare-to-Work Recipients: Focused Social Adaptation Program, Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(12), 539-548. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.539 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.539
- I. O. Jeon. (2012). Established business start-up support Impact on The youth of business performance. Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(1), 103-114.
- T. Y. Um & J. S. Im. (2014). Study on Self-support performance of Participants of Self-support: Focusing on Participants of Local Self-support Center in Daegu province, Social Welfare Policy, 41(3), 79-105. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2014.41.3.79
- V. Hartarska. (2005). Governance and performance of microfinance institutions in Central and Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States, World Development, 33(10), 1627-1643. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2005.06.001
- World Bank. (1989). The World Development Report 1989. Washington DC., The World Bank.