- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Mediating Effect of Donation Motivation between Self-esteem and Donation Attitude of Adolescents
청소년의 자아존중감과 기부태도 사이에서 기부동기의 매개효과
- Lee, Chang-Seek (Dept. of Health, Counseling and Welfare, Hanseo University) ;
- Jang, Ha-Young (Dept. of Child and Elderly Welfare, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2018.04.11
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate mediating effect of donation motivation between self-esteem and donation attitude of adolescents. For this purpose, 879 adolescents were surveyed in 4 cities and counties in the northwestern part of Chungcheongnamdo. This research was carried out by T-test and ANOVA to identify the difference of donation attitude according to general characteristics and by correlation analysis of main variables. Also hierarchical regression analysis was performed to identify the mediating effect and it was verified by Sobel test. The main results are as follows. First, donation attitudes differed according to gender, school level, and religion. Second, correlation analysis revealed a positive correlation between self-esteem, donation motivation and donation attitude. Third, regression analysis showed that both intrinsic donation motivation and external donation motivation were partially mediated between self-esteem and donation attitude. Finally, policies to increase donation attitude and donation behavior were discussed.
Self-esteem;Donation motivation;Donation attitude;Adolescent;Mediating effect
- B. K. Kim. (2015). A Study on the Factors Affecting Donation Behavior of Teenage. Unpublished master's thesis. Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
- J. Ulziibayar. (2011). A Study on Factors Influencing on the Persistence of Adolescents' Volunteer Activities. Unpublished master's thesis. Seongkyoul University, Kyunggi.
- C. S. Lee & K. B. Song. (2013). A Study on the Donations and Related Variables of Adolescents. Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12), 725-734. DOI: 10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.725 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.725
- M. S. Kim. (2013). A Study on the Factors Related with Adolescents' Donation Motive and Attitude toward Donation. Unpublished Doctoral thesis. Hanseo University, Chungnam.
- E. Y. Na. (2016). Study for the Influence Caused by the Interaction between the Message Framing of Public Service Campaign and Self-Efficacy on the Donation Intent of Teenage. Unpublished master's thesis. Seogang University, Seoul.
- Y. Y. Hwang, M. J. Oh & J. C. Jeong. (2013). A Comparative Study on Donation Intention Between Young and Senior Generations: The Moderating Role of Psychological Distance and Moral Identity. Korean Management Review, 42(6), 1715-1736.
- H. J. Ha. (2004). A study on the Factors Influencing Individual Donation in Korea. Unpublished Master's thesis. Chongju University, Chungbuk.
- G. W. Allport. (1935). A Handbook of Social Psychology. MA: Clark University Press.
- S. J. You. (2001). A study on the Deteminants of Philanthropy: Focusing on Seoul Citizens. Unpublished Master's thesis. Yeonsei University, Seoul.
- M. H. Ryou. (2015). A Study on Adolescent Consumer' Donation Attitude and Donation Intention. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 33(6), 97-113. https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2015.33.6.97
- M. Rosenberg. (1965). Society and Adolescent Self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- S. J. Lee. (2013). Impact of Self-esteem and Message Framing on Responses toward the International Relief Campaign. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 57(5), 56-77.
- R. Bennett. (2003). Factors Underlying the Inclination to Donate to Particular Types of Charity. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 8(1), 12-29. DOI: 10.1002/nvsm.198 https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.198
- K. A. Burton, J. S. Gore & J. Sturgeon. (2012). The Role of Relational Self-construal in Reactions to Charity Advertisements. Self and Identity, 11(3), 343-359. DOI: 10.1080/15298868.2011.583529 https://doi.org/10.1080/15298868.2011.583529
- J. A. Piliavin, & H. Charng. (1990). Altruim: A Review of Recent Theory and Research. Annual Review of Sociology, 16(1), 27-65. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.so.16.080190.000331
- G. Glenday, A. K. Gupta, & P. Pawlak. (1986). Tax Incentives for Personal Charitable Contribution. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 68(4), 688-693. DOI: 10.2307/1924530 https://doi.org/10.2307/1924530
- H. S. Kim. (2009). A Study on the factors Influencing on constant donation Intention. Unpublished Master's thesis. Seonam University, Jeonbuk.
- A. R. Andreasen & P. Kotler. (2007). Strategic Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations (7th ed). NJ: Pearson.
- Y. N. Kim. (2002). A Study on the Donations and Philantropic Effort in Social Welfare Organization: In Focus of On-line donation. Unpublished Master's thesis. Ihwa Woman University, Seoul.
- S. J. Jo. (2006). An economic analysis on private provision of public goods : empirical studies of individual giving behaviors. Unpublished Doctoral thesis. Yeonsei University, Seoul.
- H. J. Ha. (2004). A Study on the Factors Influencing Individual Donation in Korea. Unpublished Master's thesis. Chongju University, Chungbuk.
- H. I. Cho. (1991). A Study on Personal and Organizational Traits Related with Volunteer Activities in the Area of Korea Social Welfare. Unpublished Doctoral thesis. Soongsil University, Seoul.
- L. M. Salamon, S. S. Wojciech & H. K. Anheier. (1996). The emerging sector. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University.
- R. M. Baron & D. A. Kenny. (1986). The Moderator-Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1183. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- M. E. Sobel. (1982). Asymptotic Intervals for Indirect Effects in Structural Equations Models, In S. Leinhart(ed), Sociological Methodology. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Y. K. Kim. (2003). A Study on Factors Influencing Online Donation Behavior to Charities. Unpublished Master's thesis. Ihwa Woman University, Seoul.
- D. Y. Lee. (2013). Influence Factors on Satisfaction with and Participating Attitude in Volunteer Work in Management of Urban Parks : Focused on Seoul Forest' volunteer. Unpublished Master's thesis. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- C. S. Lee & H. Y Jang. (2017). The Effects of Sense of Community and Trust in Charitable Organization on Donation Motive and Attitude of Adolescents. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 83-89. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.83 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.83