- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement Elements of Tourism Preparedness for International Tourist Using Revised-IPA: Focusing on Comparison by Tourist Type and Time Period
R-IPA분석을 적용한 외래관광객의 관광수용태세 개선 요소 분석: 관광객 유형 및 시기별 비교를 중심으로
- Lee, Seung-Hun (Division of Tourism Studies, Kyungnam University)
- 이승훈 (경남대학교 관광학부)
- Received : 2018.04.06
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
Recently, the necessity and interest to improve the tourism preparedness for enhancing the quality of foreign tourists is increasing, but the related research is insufficient. The purpose of this study is to identify the preferential improvement elements related to the tourism preparedness of foreign tourists. To do this, we applied the R-IPA analysis to analyze and compare the elements affecting the tourist preparedness according to tourist type and time period. As a result of R-IPA analysis for all tourists, the elements that need to maintain the current quality levels were food, security, transit, shopping, and tourist attractiveness and the elements that need to be improved but low priority were language communication, travel expenses, and tourist information service. As a result of R-IPA analysis by tourist type, for individual tourists it is necessary to maintain current quality levels of transit, food, shopping, tourist attractiveness, and security. For group tourists, it is necessary to maintain current quality levels of accommodation, shopping, tourist attractiveness, and tourist information service, but food needs to be urgent improvement.
Revised-IPA;International tourist;Preparedness;Tourist type;Comparison analysis
- O. Joshi, N. C. Poudyal & L. R. Larson. (2017). The influence of sociopolitical, natural, and cultural factors on international tourism growth: a cross-country panel analysis. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 19(3), 825-838. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-016-9767-x
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute. (2012). The Strategy Plans of Preparedness to Tourism For 10 Million International Tourists.
- Y. H. Yu, J. Y. Lee & H. C. Lee. (2016). Determinants of revisit intention to Seoul by Chinese tourists : The comparison of group tourist and FIT. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 28(8), 241-256.
- D. J. Lee & H. J. Hwang. (2017). A Longitudinal Study of Foreign Tourists Visiting Korea in terms of Overall Satisfaction, Intention to Revisit and Recommend, and the Degree of Image Change: A Comparison by Continent and Country in 2007, 2011 and 2015. Journal of Tourism Sciences, 41(8), 237-256 https://doi.org/10.17086/JTS.2017.41.8.237.256
- J. H. Yoon. (2009). A Research on The Relationship with Tourism Preparedness, Tourism Attitude and Tourism Image, Intention Revisit. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 21(4), 353-369.
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute. (2010). The Study on the Improvement of Tourism Preparedness for Attracting the Chinese Tourists to Korea.
- S. H. Chung & M. Y. Ko. (2013). Selecting Priority of Tourism Preparation Policy for Foreign Free Independent Travelers in Jeju. Journal of Tourism Sciences, 37(4), 97-116.
- Y. Liu & D. K. Kim. (2014). A Study on the difference of Intentive Participants Incentive tourism preparedness and Behavioral Intention: The Case of China and ASEAN Participants. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 26(1), 79-94.
- H. G. Koo, Y. S. Kim, A. Choi & S. Wang. (2017). A Study for Satisfaction of Chinese Tourists in Korea. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(5), 117-128. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.117
- Y. M. Song & I. J. Lee. (2011). The Qualitative Study on the Domestic Tourism Information Experiences of Chinese Individual Tourists. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 25(3), 129-144.
- J. H, Kim & Y. D. Jung. (2018). Analysis of Accessibility of Individual Tourists to Destination Using Social Network Analysis: Focused on the Ulsan Metropolitan City Public Transit Network. Journal of Tourism Sciences, 42(2), 209-223. https://doi.org/10.17086/JTS.2018.42.2.209.223
- Y. M. Song, S. Y. Han & H. J. Lee. (2013). An Analysis of Structure Equation Model of the Tourism Satisfaction According to the Type of Japanese Tourists through the Multi Group Analysis. The Japanese Modern Association of Korea, 42, 501-520.
- Y. J. Lee & Y. M. Song. (2012). The Satisfaction of the Japanese Tourist: What are Differences in Terms of Specific Satisfaction between Individual and Package Tour. Sogang Institute for East Asian Studies, 31(1), 297-328.
- D. H. Choi. (2018). The Relationship Influence among Life Style, Tourism Information, and Behavioral Intention on Chinese Tourists: Focusing on the Moderating Tourism Type(Individual Tourism, Group Tourism). Journal of Tourism Sciences, 42(2), 11-28.
- J. A. Martilla & J. C. James. (1977). Importance-performance analysis. The Journal of Marketing, 41(1), 77-79. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- M. J. Oh & J. S. Ryu. (2016). Comparison between traditional IPA and revised IPA : An attractiveness evaluation of Incheon Chinatown. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 30(7), 129-142.
- J. H. Kim & J. M. Lee. (2017). A Study on the Recognition of Swimsuit Brand Image Using IPA Technique. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(7), 467-477. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.7.467
- J. Y. Han, E. M. Choi & K. Y. Ji. (2015). An Analysis of the Importance-Satisfaction of Convergent Medical Tourism Service Quality. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(7), 403-412. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.403
- D. H. Kim & Y. K. Kim. (2017). Importance Performance Analysis on Selection Attributes of Travel Destination by FIT Chinese Travellers with Bona Fide Travel Purpose to Korea. Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 32(4), 219-236.
- D. H. Kim, H. Y. Kim & D. K. Kim. (2015). Improvement Plans of Tourism Preparedness for Attracting Tourists Using Revised IPA : Focusing on Incentive Tourists. Korean Journal of Hospitality & Tourism, 24(4), 145-159.
- T. G. Vavra. (1997). Improving your measurement of customer satisfaction: A guide to creating, conducting, analyzing, and reporting customer satisfaction measurement programs. ASQ Quality Press.
- W. Deng. (2007). Using a revised importance-performance analysis approach: The case of Taiwanese hot springs tourism. Tourism Management, 28(5), 1274-1284. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.07.010
- S. M. Yoon & H. S. Jang. (2018). Evaluation of Consumer Toward Safety Service Quality of Theme Park Based on Revised Importance-Performance Analysis. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 30(1), 369-383.
- S. M. Yoon, H. J. Song, & C. K. Lee. (2011). An Evaluation of Satisfaction on The 2010 World Oriental Medicine-Bio Expo Based on Perceived Environmental Cues : Comparison between IPA and Revised IPA. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 23(8), 229-247.
- D. H. Kim & D. K. Kim. (2017). A Study on Improvement Plans for MICE Destination Preparedness of Seoul : Focused on MICE(Meeting, Convention) Foreign Participants in 2014. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 29(8), 233-248.
- N. H. Kim & C. K. Lee. (2013). Application of Revised Importance-Performance Analysis: The Case of Jongro-gu, Seoul. JOURNAL OF TOURISM&LEISURE RESEARCH, 25(5), 199-215.
- Y. R. Lee, Y. Lun & M. S. Cho. (2011) A study on food service quality perception of Chinese tourists to Jejuisland, Journal of Tourism Sciences, 35(4), 171-188.