- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on the Precedents of E-learning Use of the Internet among S. Korea, Vietnam, and Singapore
e-러닝 사용 선행요인에 대한 3개국 비교연구-한국, 베트남, 싱가폴
- John, Yongjean (Department of Business Administration, Jincheon Campus, Woosuk University)
- 전용진 (우석대학교 진천캠퍼스 경영학과)
- Received : 2018.04.04
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
This study examined the major precedent variables that could affect e-learning users' attitudes in two highly-networked countries and a sharply-spreading country in East Asia, namely South Korea, Vietnam, and Singapore. This research also reviewed why e-learners were using the Internet for their study and unveiled cross-national differences in antecedents of online activities, motivations, intention to use, and enhancement in performance among three countries. This paper could see if there were any differences in precedents of e-learning among the countries by ANOVA. Plus, the study uncovered that what precedents impacted the follow-ups of e-learning by regression analysis in each country. The paper found out that differences in social and cultural aspect influenced on the precedents and the follow-ups of e-learning among the countries. For example, Korean learners had stronger utilitarian motivations for e-learning while the Vietnamese and the Singaporean did not. Korean and Singaporean learners were more strongly influenced to visit e-learning sites by their friends and lecturers than the Vietnamese.
e-learning;Comparative study;Precedent;Follow-ups;User attitude
- J. H. Choi & J. J. Jahng. (2009). Predictors of E-commerce Use of the Internet: A Multinational Comparative Study-the U.S., the Netherlands, and S. Korea, Seoul Journal of Business, 15(1), 65-90.
- D'Ambra, John & Ronald E. Rice. (2001). Emerging Factors in User Evaluation of the World Wide Web, Information & Management, 38, 373-384. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00077-X
- Dillon, Thomas W. & Harry L. Rief. (2004). Factors influencing Consumers' E-commerce Commodity Purchases, Information Technology, Learning, and Performance Journal, 22(3), 66-88.
- T. H. Ha. (2005). A Study on the Factors Influencing customers in Mobile Commerce(MC) in UK, Japan, and Korea, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 3(2), 59-71.
- H. Y. Ha & R. K. Akamavi. (2009). Does Trust Really Matter in Electronic Shopping? A Comparison Study of Korean, Taiwanese, and UK Consumers, Seoul Journal of Business, 15(1), 91-119.
- Y. John. (2009). A Study on the Factors Affecting Performance of Education Web Usage by University Students, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 7(2), 83-91.
- Y. John. (2010). Validating Constructs of Web Usage in Education and Learning, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 8(4), 109-121.
- Y. John. (2011). Relationship between Motivations and Performances on the Internet Use, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 9(4), 109-121.
- Y. John. (2012). A Determination of the Factors contributing to Internet Banking, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 10(11), 1-8.
- Y. John. (2015). Internet Banking in Association with Demographics and Motivations, The Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(11), 35-43. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.35
- H. Y. Joo, J. H. Park & C. S. Kim. (2009). Empirical Investigation on factors affecting User satisfaction of E-Government Service, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 7(2), 43-50.
- J. H. Kang, H. K Back & T. H. Ha. (2007). Study on e-learning Users' Motivation and Satisfaction for its Growth, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 5(1), 131-140.
- J. I. Kim, H. C. Lee & H. J. Kim. (2004). Factors affecting Online Search Intention and Online Purchase Intention, Seoul Journal of Business, 10(2), 27-48.
- J. Mock, J. H. Kang & T. H. Ha. (2008). A Comparison of Internet Access between Korean and Japanese University Students, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 6(4), 147-156.
- T. P. Monsuwe, B. G .C. Dellaert & K. D. Ruyter. (2004). What Drives Consumers to Shop Online? A Literature review, International Journal of Service Industry Management, 15(1), 102-121. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230410523358
- H. M. Selim. (2007). Critical Success Factors for e-learning Acceptance: Confirmatory Factor Models, Computer & Education, 49(2), 396-413. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2005.09.004
- Teo, Thompson S. H. (2001). Demographic and Motivation Variables Associated with Internet Usage Activities, Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy, 11(2), 125-137. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240110695089
- K. Yim & Y. John. (2008). An Empirical Study on Affecting Web-base Education by Web perceived Level for Education, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 6(4), 157-163.
- KISA. (2018). 2017 Korea Internet White paper, www.kisa.or.kr