- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on Design of Generation Capacity for Offshore Wind Power Plant : The Case of Chonnam Province in Korea
해상풍력 발전용량 설계에 관한 연구 : 전남사례를 중심으로
- Jeong, Moon-Seon ;
- Moon, Chae-Joo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering College of Mokpo National University) ;
- Chang, Young-Hak ;
- Lee, Soo-Hyoung ;
- Lee, Sook-Hee
- 정문선 (한국전력공사 전력연구원) ;
- 문채주 (국립목포대학교 스마트그리드연구소) ;
- 장영학 (국립목포대학교 스마트그리드연구소) ;
- 이수형 (국립목포대학교 스마트그리드연구소) ;
- 이숙희 (국립목포대학교 대학원)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.06.15
- Published : 2018.06.30
Wind energy is widely recognized as one of the cheapest forms of clean and renewable energy. In fact, in several countries, wind energy has achieved cost parity with fossil fuel-based sources of electricity generation for new electricity generation plants. Offshore wind energy development promises to be a significant domestic renewable energy source for the target of korea government 3020 plan. A pivotal activity during the development phase of a wind project is wind resource assessment. Several approaches can be categorized as three basic scales or stages of wind resource assessment: preliminary area identification, area wind resource evaluation, and micrositing. This study is to estimate the wind power capacity of chonnam province offshore area using three basic stages based on the six meteorological mast data. WindPRO was used, one of a well-known wind energy prediction programs and based on more than 25 years of experiences in development of software tools for wind energy project development. The design results of offshore wind power generation capacity is calculated as total 2.52GW with six wind farms in chonnam offshore area.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- S. Lee, C. Moon, Y. Chang, and M. Jung, "A study on Design of Capacity for Landing and Floating Solar Power Plant : The Case of Chonnam Province in Korea," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 13, no. 1, Feb. 2018, pp. 35-44. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2018.13.1.36
- Asian Development Bank, "Guidelines for wind resource assessment : best practices for countries initiating wind development," Technical Report, May. 2014.
- J. Choi, C. Hwang, and C. Moon, "Development of Evaluation Model for the Korean New & Renewable Energy Policies : Focusing on RPS & FIT," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 9, Sept. 2013, pp. 1333-1342. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.9.1333
- Global Wind Energy Council:, "Global Wind Statistics 2016," Technical Report, Feb. 2017.
- J. Sung, "Overview and Future Plan for Korean Offshore Wind Development," Prospects and Tasks of Offshore Wind Power Industry Conf. 2017, Seoul, Korea, June. 2017.
- Korea Energy Management Corporation, "2016 New & Renewable Energy White Paper," Technical Report, Korea New and Renewable Energy Center, Oct., 2016.
- C. Moon, "Development Plan of Wind Power Industry," The 4th Chonnam Wind Industry Promotion Forum, Mokpo, Korea, Mar. 2018, p. 22.
- B. Kim, J. Woo, H. Kim, I. Paek, and N. Yoo, "Validation Study of the NCAR Reanalysis Data for a Offshore Wind," J. of the Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 32, no. 1, 2012, pp. 1-7. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2012.32.1.001
- H. Kim, H. Kim, J. Kim, and Y. Lee, "Past and Present of Wind Power Prediction Models through Overseas Case Review," J. of the Korean Wind Energy Association, vol. 7, no. 2, 2016, pp. 35-44.
- C. Moon, Y. Chang, T. Park, M. Jeong, H. Joo, O. Kwon, D. Kwag, and G. Jeong, " A Study on Design of Offshore Meteorological Tower," J. of the Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 34, no. 2, 2014, pp. 60-65. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2014.34.2.060
- S. Park, "Electronics System Design of a Generic Meteorological Buoy," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, Feb. 2010, pp. 51-57.
- M. Oh, O. Kwon, K. Kim, and I. Jang, "Economic Feasibility of Bucket Foundation for Offshore Wind Farm," J. of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 13, no. 4, Apr. 2012, pp. 1908-1914. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1908
- M. Arshad and B. O'Kellv, "Offshore Wind-Turbine Structures : A Review," Proc. of the Institution of Civil Engineer, Energy, vol. 166, issue 4, Nov. 2013, pp. 139-152. https://doi.org/10.1680/ener.12.00019
- K. Lee, W. Cho, J. Back, and I. Choy, "Design and Verification of Disturbace Observer based Controller for Wind turbine with Two Cooperative Generators," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 12, no. 2, 2017, pp. 301-308. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2017.12.2.301
- EMD, "WindPRO 2.7 User GUIDE," Manual, EMD Int. Oct., 2010.