- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Modified Yagi dipole Antenna for WLAN Dual-band Operation
WLAN 이중 대역 동작을 위한 수정된 야기 다이폴 안테나
- Park, Sung-Il ;
- Jung, Jin-Woo (Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2018.04.20
- Accepted : 2018.06.15
- Published : 2018.06.30
For WLAN dual-band operation, a modified Yagi dipole antenna is presented. The modified dipole antenna consists of a dipole antenna with open sleeves and parasitic elements. The parasitic elements are used for the practical application of the radiation patterns and high-gain operation at the WLAN dual band. The experimental results showed that the achieved impedance bandwidths were 320 MHz (2.4 to 2.72 GHz) and 640 MHz (5.04 to 5.68 GHz), respectively. The measured maximum gain at the two WLAN bands was 7.74 dBi and 6.93 dBi, respectively.
- H. Chen, J. Chen, P. Cheng, and Y. Lim, "Feed for dual-band printed dipole antenna," Electronics Letters, vol. 40, no. 21, 2004, pp. 1320-1322. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20046360
- R. Raj, M. Joseph, C. Aanandan, K. Vasudevan, and P. Mohanan, "A new compact microstrip-fed dual-band coplanar antenna for WLAN applications," IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation, vol. 54, no. 12, 2006, pp.3755-3762. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2006.886505
- W. Deal, N. Kaneda, J. Sor, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A new quasi-Yagi antenna for planar active antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 48, no. 6, 2000, pp. 910-918. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.846717
- John P. Gianvittorio and Yahya Rahmat-Samii, "Fractal Yagi antennas: Design, Simulation, and Fabrication," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 41, no. 5, 2004, pp.375-380. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.20145
- X. Yang, B. Wang, S. Xiao, and K. Man, "Frequency and pattern reconfigurable Yagi patch antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 3, 2007, pp.716-719. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23214
- Constantine, A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, New York: Wiley, 1997.
- J. Jung, H. Lee, and Y. Lim, "Compact monopole antenna for dual ISM bands (2.4 and 5.8 GHz) operation," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 9, 2009, pp.2227-2229. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.24519
- C. You, B. Song, and I. Hwang, "Research Regarding Filter Composition and Motor control for Yagi-Antenna Remote Tracking System," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 11, 2016, pp.1039-1046. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.11.1039
- J. Yoon, "A Design and Implementation of Dual-band Monopole Antenna with two arc-shaped line for WLAN application," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 12, no. 6, 2017, pp.1049-1056. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2017.12.6.1049
- O. Kim, "Design of Dual-band Microstrip Antenna for wireless Communication Applications," The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no.6, 2012, pp.1275-1279.