- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Influences of Ethical propensity, Self-esteem and Clinical satisfaction on Major satisfaction in Dental hygiene students
치위생과 학생의 윤리성향, 자아존중감, 임상실습 만족이 전공만족도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2018.03.30
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the influences of ethical propensity, self-esteem and clinical satisfaction on major satisfaction in dental hygiene students. The study was conducted with third grade students in 3 dental hygiene colleges in Gyeongnam and Ulsan. The results were as follows : 1. Self-esteem showed high score in 'Before senior high school student' of the time of department selection, in 'Good' of oral health, in 'Outgoing' of personality and in 'Good' of family atmosphere. 2. Clinical practice satisfaction showed high score in 'Have' of part-time job experience in dental clinic. In case of major satisfaction, there were significantly different means with time of department selection and oral health. 3. The factors that influence to major satisfaction are self-esteem(
Ethical propensity;Self-esteem;Clinical practice satisfaction;Major satisfaction;Dental hygienics
- H. Y. Jung & G. I. Jung. (2012). A Study on the Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics of Freshmen Nursing Students. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 6(4), 37-48. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.4.037
- Schlenker BR & Forsyth DR. (1977). On the ethics of psychological research. J Exp Soc Psychol, 13(4), 369-396. DOI:10.1016/0022-1031(77)90006-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1031(77)90006-3
- Forsyth DR. (1980). A taxonomy of ethical ideologies. J Pers Soc Psychol, 39(1), 175-184. DOI:10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.199 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.52
- H. K. Lee & O. J. Ju. (2015). Influence of socio-demographic characteristics and ethical type on self-esteem in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(3), 497-504. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.497 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.497
- J. S. Yu & S. Y. Choi. (2010). The effects of emotional perception on major satisfaction among students at the department of dental hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci, 10(5), 307-314.
- Y. J. Lee. (1999). The effect of group counseling on learned helplessness, self-efficacy, and self-esteem. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- S. J. Lee & K. S. Han. (2012). Relationship between Self-Concept and Ethical Propensity of Dental Hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci, 12(5), 503-510.
- M. S. Lee & K. M. Chae. (2012). The mediating effects of emotion regulation strategies on the relationship between self-esteem and interpersonal relationship abilities. J Korean Cognitive Behavior Therapy, 12(1), 63-75.
- Murray SL, Holmes JG & Collins NL. (2006). Optimizing assurance: The risk regulation system in relationships. J Psychological Bulletin, 132(5), 641-66. DOI:10.1037/0033-2909.132.5.641 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.132.5.641
- Downey G, Freitas AL, Michaelis B & Khouri H. (1998). The self-fulfilling prophecy in close relationships: Rejection sensitivity and rejection by romantic partners. J Personality and Social Psychology, 75(2), 545-560. DOI:10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2065 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.115
- S. P. Hong. (2008). Effects of social support level on children's self-esteem and subjective well-being. The Journal of Curriculum and Evaluation, 11(2), 23-45.
- H. S. Oh. (2013). Study on the teaching efficiency and satisfaction levels of clinical practice instructors during clinical practice training for some dental hygienists and students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 13(5), 777-786. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.777 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.777
- G. H. Choi. (2016). Analysis of Employment Tendencies According to the Satisfaction of Field(Clinical) Practice among Students of the Department of Optics. Journal of Korean Clinical Health Science, 4(4), 671-679. DOI:10.15205/kschs.2016.12.31.671 https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2016.12.31.671
- H. S. Ha. (2000). A study of department satisfaction and school satisfaction of undergraduate students, Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- M. T. Tessema, K. Ready & W. W. Yu. (2012). Factors affecting college students' satisfaction with major curriculum: evidence from nine years of data. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 2(2), 34-44.
- Y. J. Kim, Y. J. Jang, J. S. Kwag & S. N. Kim. (2005). Connected factors of ethical perception in dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 5(1), 1-5.
- J. R. Lee, H. J. Kim & H. J. Ko. (2014). The effects of self-esteem, interpersonal relationship abilities on department satisfaction in the dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(1), 39-47. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39
- K. H. Park & H. J. Choi. (2015). Correlations of self-esteem, major satisfaction and career identity in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(2), 279-86. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.279
- Y. I. Kim. (2014). The effect of ethics position and self-esteem in dental hygiene students on their perception of patient medical information protection. Master's thesis, Hanseo University, Seosan.
- Y. S. Kim & Y. S. Kim. (2010). A study about the satisfaction of dental hygiene students with clinical training places. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 34(4), 543-552.
- Y. J. Song. (2013). The effect of major selection motivation, major satisfaction, and professor-student interaction of university students on their school life adjustment. Doctoral dissertation, Dong-A University, Busan.
- S. N. Lee & E. S. Kim. (2015). The effect of self-efficacy and occupational value on major satisfaction in dental hygiene students. Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(8), 5304-5313. DOI:10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5304 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5304
- Y. I. Kim, S. H. Kim & J. H. Jang. (2015). Influencing factors on perception of patient medical information protection in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(4), 743-750. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.04.743 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.04.743
- M. G. Ji. (2017). The effects of professional self-concept and self-esteem on clinical practice satisfaction among dental hygiene students. Journal of the Korean Entertainment Industry Association, 11(4), 173-181.
- J, Y, Kim. (2014). The mediation effect of depression between self- esteem and academic motivation in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(4), 503-509. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.503 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.503
- Y. K. Han & H. H. Kim. (2015). The effects of clinical practice satisfaction on image of dental hygienists in dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 15(4), 457-464. DOI:10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.457 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.457
- S. J. Mun, I. Y. Gu, H. Y. Choi & G. G. Hwan. (2014). Study of On- and Off-Campus Clinical Practice Satisfaction and Major Satisfaction among Dental Hygiene Students in Some Regions. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(11), 6793-6803. DOI:10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.11.6793 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.11.6793
- M. K. Jeong & J. Y. Lee. (2012). Relationship of satisfaction with major and clinical practice among some dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 12(6), 1241-1249. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.6.1241 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.6.1241
- G. O. Jung, G. Y. Choi & J. Y. Bae. (2013). Effect of satisfaction in major and career search efficacy on career search behavior in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 13(1), 61-68. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.061 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.1.061
- M. Y. Kim. (2011). Study on the effects of personal ethical propensity and ethical environment of organization on job satisfaction: focused on the mediating effects of ethical behavior. Master's thesis, Sogang University, Seoul.
- M. N. Kim, Y. M. Heo, H. J. Kim & Y. S. Ahn. (2015). Effect of values on major satisfaction in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 15(1), 81-89. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.81 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.81
- M. S. Choi, Y. H. Jang & H. K. Yun. (2014). Effect of self-resilience and self-efficiency on the satisfaction with major in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(2), 155-162. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.155 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.02.155
- S. H. Cheon, H. Y. Lee & M. S. Cho. (2014). The relationship between vocational calling and ethical inclination in clinical dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(6), 813-820. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.813 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.813
- C. P. Parker, B. B. Baltes & N. D. Christiansen. (1997). Support for affirmative action, justice perceptions, and work attitudes: A study of gender and racial-ethnic group differences. Journal of Applied Psychology, 82(3), 376-389. DOI:10.1037/0021-9010.82.3.376 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.82.3.376
- S. Valentine, M. M. Greller & S. B. Richtermeyer. (2006). Employee job response as a function of ethical context and perceived organization support. Journal of Business Research, 59(5), 582-588. DOI:10.1016/j.jbusres.2005.06.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2005.06.004
- J. H. Kim, S. H. Hong, C. H. Kim & S. H, Nam. (2011). A study of self-esteem and professionalism among dental hygiene students according to educational system. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 11(6), 527-533.
- Y. S. Gang. (2013). Correlations of self-esteem, major satisfaction and career motivation in college nursing students. Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(7), 3301-3309. DOI:10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3301 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3301
- S. M. Baek, D. H. Song, J. S. Park, J. Y. Bae,. W. S. Jeong & S. J. Hwang. (2013). Comparison of major and job satisfaction of students and graduates in dental hygiene and nursing. J Dent Hyg Sci, 13(4), 378-385.
- J. l. Son, E. B. Lee & J. H. Jang. (2016). Relationship between incivility through clinical experience and major satisfaction in dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 16(5), 701-708. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.05.701
- M. A. Sin. (2013). Effect of volunteering, self-esteem and job-esteem on major satisfaction among nursing students. Journal of the Korean Society of Concrete, 13(11), 1024-1035. DOI:10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.1024 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.1024
- M. K. Jeong & J. Y. Lee. Relationaship of satisfaction with major and clinical practice among some dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 12(6), 1241-1249. DOI:10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.6.1241 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.6.1241
- I. S. Park & S. H. Lee. (2007). A study on the satisfaction of clinical training according to dental hygienist duties. J Dent Hyg Sci, 7(4), 295-302.