- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Investigation of seismic performance of super long-span cable-stayed bridges
- Zhang, Xin-Jun (College of Civil Engineering & Architecture, Zhejiang University of Technology) ;
- Zhao, Chen-Yang (College of Civil Engineering & Architecture, Zhejiang University of Technology) ;
- Guo, Jian (College of Civil Engineering & Architecture, Zhejiang University of Technology)
- Received : 2017.08.17
- Accepted : 2018.04.02
- Published : 2018.06.25
With the further increase of span length, the cable-stayed bridge tends to be more slender, and becomes more susceptible to the seismic action. By taking a super long-span cable-stayed bridge with main span of 1400m as example, structural response of the bridge under the E1 horizontal and vertical seismic excitations is investigated numerically by the multimode seismic response spectrum and time-history analysis respectively, the seismic behavior and also the effect of structural nonlinearity on the seismic response of super long-span cable-stayed bridge are revealed. Furthermore, the effect of structural parameters including the girder depth and width, the tower structural style, the tower height-to-span ratio, the side-tomain span ratio, the auxiliary piers in side spans and the anchorage system of stay cables etc on the seismic performance of super long-span cable-stayed bridge is investigated numerically by the multimode seismic response spectrum analysis, and the favorable earthquake-resistant structural system of super long-span cable-stayed bridge is proposed.
Supported by : Natural Science Foundation of China
- Camara, A. and Astiz, M.A. (2012), "Pushover analysis for the seismic response prediction of cable-stayed bridges under multidirectional excitation", Eng. Struct., 41, 444-455. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.03.059
- Gimsing, N.J. and Georgakis, C.T. (2012), Cable-supported Bridges-Concept & Design, 3nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester, England, UK.
- Han, Z.F. and Ye, A.J. (2015), "Research on the longitudinal earthquake-reduction system of cable-stayed bridges over kilometers", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Dyn., 35(6), 64-70.
- Ismail, M., Casas, J.R. and Rodellar, J. (2013), "Near-fault isolation of cable-stayed bridges using RNC isolator", Eng. Struct., 56, 327-342. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2013.04.007
- JTG/T B02-01 (2008), Guidelines for Seismic Design of Highway Bridges, Ministry of Communications, Beijing, China.
- Naderian, H., Cheung, M.S. and Shen, Z.Y., Dragomirescu, E. (2016), "Seismic analysis of long-span cable-stayed bridges by an integrated finite strip method", J. Bridge Eng., ASCE, 21(3), 1-18.
- Nagai, M., Fujino, Y., Yamaguchi, H. and Iwasaki, E. (2004), "Feasibility of a 1400 m span steel cable-stayed bridge", J. Bridge Eng., ASCE, 9(5), 444-452. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2004)9:5(444)
- Sharabash, A.M. and Andrawes, B.O. (2009), "Application of shape memory alloy dampers in the seismic control of cablestayed bridges", Eng. Struct., 31, 607-616. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2008.11.007
- Soyluk, K. and Sicacik, E.A. (2012), "Soil-structure interaction analysis of cable-stayed bridges for spatially varying ground motion components", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 35, 80-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2011.11.003
- Sun, B. (2008), "Study on structural system of thousand-meter scale cable-stayed bridges", Ph.D. Dissertation, Tongji University, Shanghai. (in Chinese)
- Wang, D. and Huang, P.M. (2008), "Research on deck-tower connection of super long-span cable-stayed bridge", J. Zhengzhou Univ. (Eng. Sci.), 29(4), 112-115.
- Wu, F.W., Xu, C. and Zhao L. (2014), "Analysis on sensitivity of stochastic seismic response parameters of super long-span cable-stayed bridges", J. China Railw. Soc., 36(6), 107-113.
- Xiang, H.F. (2012), "The trend of the world's mega-scale bridges-An inspiration of IABSE 2011 in London", Bridge, 3, 12-16.
- Ye, A.J. and Fan, L.C. (2007), "Lateral constraint systems for super-long-span cable-stayed bridge", China J. Highw. Tran., 20(2), 63-67.
- Zhang, X.J. and Yu, Z.J. (2015), "Study of seismic performance of cable-stayed-suspension hybrid bridges", Struct. Eng. Mech., 55(6), 1203-1221. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2015.55.6.1203
- Zhu, J., Zhang, W., Zheng, K.F. and Li, H.G. (2015), "Seismic design of a long-span cable-stayed bridge with fluid viscous dampers", Prac. Period. Struct. Des. Constr., 21(1), 04015006.