- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Removal of Fluoride Ions from Electronic Industrial Wastewater Using Lime Stone Slurry
초미분말 석회석 현탁액을 이용한 전자산업 폐수 불소이온 제거연구
- Park, Hyeon Soo (Department of Environmental science and engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Park, Yeon Soo (Department of Environmental science and engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Jung, Goo Ill ((Inc.)GMC) ;
- Kim, Jae Woo ((Inc.)GMC) ;
- Jo, Young Min (Department of Environmental science and engineering, Kyung Hee University)
- 박현수 (경희대학교 환경학 및 환경공학과) ;
- 박연수 (경희대학교 환경학 및 환경공학과) ;
- 정구일 ((주)지엠씨) ;
- 김재우 ((주)지엠씨) ;
- 조영민 (경희대학교 환경학 및 환경공학과)
- Received : 2017.07.29
- Accepted : 2017.10.16
- Published : 2018.06.10
This study attempted to utilize ultrafine precipitated calcium carbonate for fluoride removal from the wastewater of electronics industries. An average particle size of the calcium carbonate was
Supported by : 경희대학교
- K. Yamasaki, Method for waste water treatment using calcium car- bonate mineral and microorganisms in combination, US Patent 5,580,458A (1996).
- N. K. Mondal, R. Bhaumik and J. K. Datta, Fluoride adsorption by calcium carbonate, activated alumina and activated sugarcane ash, Environ. Process., 3(3), 195-216 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40710-016-0130-x
- N. M. Rao and C. S. Bhaskaran, Studies on defluorination of water, J. Fluor. Chem., 41, 17-24 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1139(00)83012-2
- G. Lee, C. Chen, S. T. Yang, and W. S. Ahn, Enhanced adsorptive removal of fluoride using mesoporous alumina, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 127(3), 152-156 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2009.07.007
D. Dayananda, V. R. Sarva, S. V. Prasad, J. Arunachalam, and N. N. Ghosh, Preparation of CaO loaded mesoporous
$Al_2O_3$: Efficient adsorbent for fluoride removal from water, Chem. Eng. J., 248, 430-439 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2014.03.064
- L. D. Benefield, J. F. Judkins, and B. L. Weand, Process Chemistry for Water and Wastewater Treatment, p. 405-421, Prentice-Hall, USA (1982).
- H. C. Genuino, N. N. Opembe, E. C. Jnjagi, S. McClain, and S. L. Suib, A review of hydrofluoric acid and its use in the car wash industry, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 18, 1529-1539 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2012.03.001
G. W. Nam, Treatment of Fluorine in Semiconductor Wastewater with
$CaF_2$Crystallization Method, MS Thesis, Chungbuk University, Cheongju, Korea (2009).
- M. J. Lee, S. J. Park, C. G. Kim, and T. I. Yoon, Defluorination of wastewater using by calcium chloride and alum, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 24, 2151-2161 (2002).
- K. C. Cho and S. I. Lee, Desulfurization characteristics of domestic limestone, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Adm., 9, 257-264 (2003).
- J. Y. Jung, Treatment of wastewater containing high concentrations of fluoride, Korean Patent 1020110100829 (2013).
- X. Fan, D. J. Parker, and M. D. Smith, Adsorption kinetics of fluoride on low cost materials, Water Res., 37, 4929-4937 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2003.08.014
- S. H. Kim, K. Y. Kim, H. D. Ryu, and S. I. Lee, Effect of calcium sources for treatment of wastewater containing high fluoride, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 33(5), 307-313 (2011). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.5.307
- E. J. Reardon and Y. Wang, A limestone reactor for fluoride removal from wastewaters, Environ. Sci. Technol., 34(15), 3247-3253 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/es990542k
- S. K. Nath and R. K. Dutta, Fluoride removal from water using crushed limestone, Indian J. Chem. Technol., 17, 120-125 (2010).
N. Salah, N. D. Albarbi, S. S. Habib, and S. P. Lochab, Luminescence properties of
$CaF_2$nanostructure activated by different elements, J. Nanomater., 2015, 1-7 (2015).