- Volume 54 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An economic feasibility analysis of the automatic operation system development for hairtail trolling line in Jeju region, Korea
제주지역 갈치 끌낚시 조업 자동화 시스템 개발의 경제성 분석
- HONG, Seong-Wan (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- YANG, Ung-Gyu (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- KIM, Mun-Kwan (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- PARK, Yong-Seok (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- PARK, Kyoung-Il (Ocean & Fisheries Economic Research Institute) ;
- KIM, Do-Hoon (Department of Marine & Fisheries Business and Economics, Pukyong National University)
- 홍성완 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 양웅규 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 김문관 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 박용석 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 박경일 (해양수산경제연구소) ;
- 김도훈 (부경대학교 해양수산경영학과)
- Received : 2018.04.18
- Accepted : 2018.05.11
- Published : 2018.05.31
This study aimed to analyze the profitability and economic feasibility of hairtail trolling line gear that was developed for the last 3 years (2015-2017). The new fishing gear technology development was accomplished to solve the current problem of fishermen shortage in hairtail targeting fisheries in Jeju region. Results indicated that the profitability of developed hairtail trolling line fishery was estimated to be 36.1 % which would be higher than that of other hairtail targeting fisheries in Jeju region. In addition, as an economic feasibility, the net present value and the internal rate of return of a 20-year cash inflow and outflow were evaluated to be 400.2 million won and 66.9 %, respectively. However, sensitivity analyses of main variables showed that the profitability and economic feasibility would be vulnerable to catch amount and market condition changes.
Hairtail;Trolling line;Profitability;NPV;Sensitivity analysis
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원
- Beak JY and Park KI. 2016. An economic analysis of rainbow trout aquaculture farms. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 28(5), 1280-1289. (DOI: 10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1280) https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1280
- FIRA (Korea Fisheries Resources Agency). 2016a. A research on current status of costal fisheries. Korea Fisheries Resources Agency, 1-1046.
- FIRA (Korea Fisheries Resources Agency). 2016b. A research on current status of offshore fisheries. Korea Fisheries Resources Agency, 1-525.
- Hong HS, Park KI, Seo YS and Kim DH. 2016. Profitability analysis of flatfish fry production farms. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 28(6), 1972-1800. (DOI: 10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.6.1792) https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.6.1792
- JOFRI (Jeju Ocean and Fishery Research Institute). 2016. A report of development of the labor saving fishing technology and fishing equipment in hairtail trolling line. Jeju Ocean and Fishery Research Institute. 1-209.
- JOFRI (Jeju Ocean and Fishery Research Institute). 2017. A report of development of the labor saving fishing technology and fishing equipment in hairtail trolling line. Jeju Ocean and Fishery Research Institute. 1-288.
- Kim DH. 2012. An Economic Feasibility Study of Mackerel Offshore Aquaculture Production System. J Fish Bus Adm 43(3), 23-30. (DOI: 10.12939/FBA.2012.43.3.023) https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2012.43.3.023
- Kim DH, Lipton D and Choi JY. 2012. Analyzing the economic performance of the red sea bream offshore aquaculture production system in Korea. Fish Sci 78. 1337-1342. (DOI: 10.1007/s12562-012-0540-2) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-012-0540-2
- Kim MK, An YI, Park SH, Oh TC, Kang HC and Park YS. 2016. Behavioral reaction of hairtail (Trichinus lepturus) to different colors of LED light. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 52(3), 183-190. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.385
- Kim MK, Park SH, Kang HC, Oh TC, Park YS, An YI and Kim SJ. 2017. Diel variation in vertical distribution of hairtails caught by vertical longlines. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 53(2), 126-131. (DOI :10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.2.126) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.2.126
- KOSIS (Korean Statistical Information Service). 2018. Fishery Production Survey. Statistics Korea.
- MOSF (Ministry of Strategy and Finance). 2017. Performance guidelines for preliminary feasibility study. Ministry of Strategy and Finance. 1-9.
- Oh TY, Cho YB, Seo YI, Kim BY and Kim DH. 2012. Estimating the ecnomic effectiveness of increasing mesh size in the small yellow croaker gillnet fishery. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 48(4), 352-359. (DOI:10.3796/ KSFT.2012.48.4.352) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.352
- Seo JN, An HC and Kim DH. 2012. Estimating the economic effectiveness of LED fishing light systems for the squid jigging fishery. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 48(4), 346-351. (DOI :10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.346) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.346