- Volume 54 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on appearance frequencies and fishing ground exploration of low-run fishing obtained by analyzing AIS data of vessels in the sea around Jeju Island
AIS data 분석에 의한 제주도 주변 해역에서의 저속 어선의 출현빈도와 어장탐색
- KIM, Kwang-Il (Research Institute for Computer and Information Communication, Chungbuk National University) ;
- AHN, Jang-Young (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2018.04.04
- Accepted : 2018.05.14
- Published : 2018.05.31
In the area around Jeju Island, the squid jigging fishery and the hair-tail angling are popular. Therefore, the study on the characteristics of the formation and shift of fishing grounds is very important. We have received and analyzed AIS data of all vessels around Jeju Island from October 16, 2016 to October 16, 2017, and extracted the positions of the fishing vessels with the same operational characteristics as the fishing vessels of their fisheries. The distribution chart of the frequency of fishing vessels appearing in each predefined fishing grid (
AIS data;Appearance frequency;Fishing ground exploration
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Chang DS, Yoo JT, Kim BY, Lee SJ, Kwon DH, Koo JH, Ahn GM and Oh IY. 2010. A characteristics on the forming of fishing ground and population ecological study of Yellow tail, Seriola quinqueradiata, in the coastal waters off Gim-nyeong of Jeju Island, Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 46(4). (DOI : https://doi.org/10.3796 /ksft.2010.46.4.406) https://doi.org/10.3796/ksft.2010.46.4.406
- Jung CY. 2013. An empirical study on the functional reinforcement of coastal vessel traffic services. ME. Thesis, Mokpo Maritime University, Korea, 1-79.
- Kim BH and Park YS. 2016. A study on the effective VTS communications analysis by the method of VCDF in Busan Port. J KOSOMES, 22(4), 311-318. (DOI : https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.4.311) https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.4.311
- Kim KI, Jung JS and Park GK. 2013. Assessment of external force acting on ship using big data in maritime traffic. J KIIS 23(5), 379-384. (DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.5.379) https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.5.379
- Lee SH, Kim KI, Ahn JY, Lee CH and Choi CM. 2017. A study on installation location of radar for minimizing blind area in the construction of VTS system of Kangjeong Port. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 53(2), 187-195. (DOI : https://doi.org/10.3796/ksft.2017.53.2.195) https://doi.org/10.3796/ksft.2017.53.2.195
- MoPSS. 2017. Retrieved from http://www.vtskorea.go.kr/Service.do?id=intro02, Accessed 10 Jan. 2017.
- Neal Arundale. 2018. Retrieved from http://arundale.com/docs/ ais/ais_decoder_v3_downloads.html, Accessed 28 Mar. 2018.
- NIFS. 2018. http://www.nifs.go.kr/bbs?id=wforecast, Accessed 20 Mar. 2018.
- Ryu KJ, Kim HS, Lee YW and An YS. 2018. A basic study on the introduction of safety management system for the coastal/offshore fishing vessels in Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Ocean Technol 54(1), 65-72. (DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/ksfot.2018.54.1.065) https://doi.org/10.3796/ksfot.2018.54.1.065