- Volume 54 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on the change of the depth and catch of hairtail trolling lines
갈치 끌낚시 어구의 수심변화 및 어획량 시험
- KIM, Mun-Kwan (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- PARK, Su-Hyeon (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- KANG, Hyeong-Cheol (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- PARK, Yong-Seok (Ocean and Fisheries Researches Institute, Jeju Special Self-Governing Provence) ;
- AN, Young-Il (Dept. of Maritime Police and Technology, Gangwon State University) ;
- LEE, Chun-Woo (Div. of Marine production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- PARK, Su-Bong (Institute of Low-Carbon Marine Production Technology, Pukyong National University)
- 김문관 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 박수현 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 강형철 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 박용석 (제주특별자치도 해양수산연구원) ;
- 안영일 (강원도립대학교 해양경찰과) ;
- 이춘우 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 박수봉 (부경대학교 저탄소해양생산기술연구소)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.05.11
- Published : 2018.05.31
In this study, we tested Japanese trolling lines in the Jeju fishery. This fishery simulates the natural marine environment with many seabed rocks, and has been redesigned and manufactured it to be suitable for the Jeju fishery. In order to ensure that the trolling lines were deployed at the inhabitation depth of hairtails, the conditions required for the fishing gear to reach the target depth were determined for use during the experiment. The experimental test fishing was conducted at the depth of 120 m water in front of Jeju Seongsanpo and in the offshore area of Jeju Hanlim. The fishing gear used in the test fishing is currently used in a variety of field operations in Japan. However, several problems were identified, such as twisting of the line during its deployment and excessive sinking of the main line. The fishing gear was, therefore, redesigned and manufactured to be more suitable for the Jeju fishery environment. For the fishing gear to accurately reach the target depth, depth loggers were installed at the starting point of the main line and at the 250 m and 340 m points of the line. Depth and time were recorded every 10 seconds. According to the daytime positioning of hairtails in the lower water column, the target depth of the fishing gear was set at 100-110 m, which was 10-20 m above the sea floor. At a speed of 1.9 knots and with a 9 kg sinker attached, the main fishing line was deployed and catch yields at depths of 100 m, 150 m and 180 m were recorded and analyzed. When the 180 m main line was fully deployed, the time for the hairtail trolling lines to arrive at the appropriate configuration had to be 5 minutes. At this time, the depth of the fishing gear was 16-23 m above the sea floor, in accordance with the depths at which the hairtails were during the day. In addition, in order to accurately place the fishing gear at the inhabitation water depth of hairtails, the experimental test fishing utilized the results of the depth testing that identified the conditions required for the fishing gear to reach the target depth, and the result was a catch of up to 97 kg a day.
Hairtail;Trolling lines;Fishing Efficiency;Sea trial
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원
- An HC, Bae BS, Lee KH, Park SW and Bae JH. 2012. Operating performance of hair-tail angling vessel using the LED and metal halide fishing lamp combination. J Korean Fish Soc 48(4), 337-345. (DOI 10.3796/ksft.2012.48.4.337) https://doi.org/10.3796/ksft.2012.48.4.337
- Baik CI and Park JH. 1986. Relationship between oceanographic conditions and catch of the Hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus linne from the stow net. Bull Korean Fish Soc 26(4), 363-368.
- Gebremeskel EK. Lee CW, Park S, Kim MK. 2016. Experimental and numerical analysis of trolling line for Hairtail fishing. J FishScicom 10(4), 18-36.
- Hanabuchi S. 1989. Age and Growth of Cutlassfish in the Tsushima Waters. Bull Seikai Reg Fish Res Lab 67, 37-57.
- Hirose T. 2014. Behavior of hairtail troll line. J Marine Fisheries Research and Development Center 13, 2-3.
- Horikawa H. 2014. A business model of a coastal fishery. Tokai University Press, 15-21.
- Hwang BN and Hong BQ. 1985. On the seasonal distribution, movement and abundance of hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus linne, in the East China and Yellow Sea. Bull Fish Res Dev Inst Kor 36, 13-22.
- Keisuke O and Hideo O. 1971. Distribution and movements of the ribbon fish in the East China Sea as ascertained by tagging experiments in 1969. Bull Japanese Soc Sci Fish 37(2), 75-82. (DOI:10.2331/suisan.37.75) https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.37.75
- Kim MK, Park SH, Kang HC, Oh TC, Park YS, An YI and Kim SJ. 2017. Diel variation and vertical distribution of hairtails caught by vertical longlines. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 53(2), 126-131. (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.2.126) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.2.126
- Kim SH, Lee YD and Rho HK. 1998. The study on the fisheries biological feature of hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus from the Cheju Strait. J Korean Fish Soc 31(1), 17-25.
- KOSIS (Korean Statistical Information Service). 2015. Fishery production survey 2015. Available at http://kostat.go.kr/policy/quality/
- Masahiro M. 1991. Fishery biology of ribbon fish, Trichiurus lepturus in Western Wakasa Bay. Kyoto Institute of Oceanic and Fishery Science Special Report 3, 1-74.
- Munekiyo M. 1990. Diurnal vertical migration of a ribbon fish in the Western Wakasa Bay. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 56(8), 1193-1197. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.56.1193
- Omori M. and Seino Y. 1993. Feeding preference of the hairtail Trichiurus lepturus Linnaeus in and neighbouring the waters where Sergia lucen swarms in Suruga Bay. Fish Oceanogr 57(1), 15-23.
- Sakamoto T. 1982. Studies on the fishery biology of the ribbon fish, Trichiurus lepturus LINNE in the Kii Channel. Wakayama Pref Fish Sta 113.
- Tsuneo A. 1960. Studies on the structure of fish shoals by means of fish finder-I. Echo patches of hair-tail observed at the middle area of the East China Sea, in February 1959. Bulletin of the Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries 26, 1162-1166. (DOI: 10.2331/suisan.26.1162) https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.26.1162
- Yoo SJ and Zhang CI. 1993. Forecasting of hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus) landings in Korean Waters by times series analysis. Bull Korean Fish Soc 26(4), 363-368.