- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Demand Analysis of the Main Components in the Manual on Library Service for the Disabled
도서관 장애인서비스 매뉴얼 구성요소 요구도 분석
- Received : 2018.05.01
- Accepted : 2018.05.17
- Published : 2018.05.31
It is critical for public libraries to use service manuals to provide library services to the disabled. This research investigated librarians' opinion and discerned their utilization and importance of the current service manuals. Also, the study identified librarians' needs and priority of each component of the current manuals. According to the practitioners' evaluation, 'installation of convenience facility' was derived as the most important factor that should be described in detail. In addition, this study suggested that the interpretation of the critical factors should be different regarding to the each library type. The research also suggested various ways to raise low awareness and utilization of the current library manuals for the disabled.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kwak, Chul-Wan et al. 2009. "A Study of the Model and Program Manual of Public Library Cultural Programs." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 20(1): 197-208.
- National Library of Korea. 2017. National Library Disability Services Survey. Seoul: National Library of Korea.
- National Library Supporting Center for the Disabled of Korea.National Library of Korea, Korean Library Association. 2009. Manual for Library Service for the Disabled. Seoul: National Library Supporting Center for the Disabled of Korea.
- Kim, Hong-Ryul. 2016. "Analysis of Indicators for Information-Poor shown in Library Statistics." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 50(3): 193-214. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2016.50.3.193
- Bae, Kyung-Jae. 2015. "The Current Status and Issues of the Standards of the Public Library Service for the Disabled." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 49(4): 379-400. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2015.49.4.379
- Ahn, In-Ja et al. 2010. "Development of an Operating Manual on the Voluntary Activity to the Library Services with Disabled People in the Public Libraries." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 21(1): 131-148.
- Jang, Bo Seong. 2015. "An Analysis on Information Seeking Behavior and Needs of Hearing Impaired College Students." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 32(1): 297-316. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2015.32.1.297
- Chung, Yeon-Kyoung and Kim, Sung-Jin. 2008. "A Study on the Library Service Use and Needs of Disabled Users in Korea." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 42(3): 301-323. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2008.42.3.301
- Chung, Jae-Young and Jeong, Hye-Mi. 2010. "Improvement Plan for Library Services Through the Disabled Users' Needs Analysis in University Library." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 41(2): 189-207. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.41.2.201006.189
- Hoang, Gum-Sook and Kim, Soo-Kyoung. 2008. "A Study on the Development of Manual for 'Reading Classroom' Program in Public Libraries." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 42(1): 233-251. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2008.42.1.233
- Hoang, Gum-Sook and Lee, Young-Sook. 2012. "A Study on Developing a Manual for User Service of National and Public Library." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 29(4): 25-42. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2012.29.4.025
- Borich, G. 1980. "A Needs Assessment Model for Conducting Follow-up Studies." Journal of Teacher Education, 31(1): 39-42.
- Mink, O. G., Shultz, J. M. and Mink, B. P. 1991. Developing and Managing Open Organizations: A Model and Method for Maximizing Organizational Potential. Austin: Somerset Consulting Group.