- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Economic Feasibility Analysis of A Children's Library Construction: The Case of C Innovation City
어린이도서관 건립의 경제적 타당성 분석 - C혁신도시 사례를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.05.20
- Published : 2018.05.31
Local innovation cities that have recently been being constructed have a large share of the population with highly educated young family with children. There are high demand for children's libraries because of this high percentage of children in the population. In this regard, this study analyzed the economic feasibility of establishing a new children's library in an innovation city as viewed through the case of the C innovation city, where population inflows are increasing recently. In this study, based on a survey, we conducted a cost benefit analysis, as estimating the cost of constructing the library and calculating the benefits from the construction. The economic feasibility was analyzed by calculating the benefit cost ratio, net present value, and internal rate of return.
Children's Library;Economic Feasibility;Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Korea Library Association. 2013. Standards for Korean Libraries. Seoul: Korea Library Association.
- Han, Sang-Woo et al. 2010. "A Basic Study on the Feasibility of Establishing Gyeongnam Provincial Museum." Major Policy Research, 1-90.
- Hwang, Young-Soon and Park, Sang-Pil. 2016. "Basic Planning and Feasibility Analysis of Busan International Convention Center." Busan Development Forum, 161: 104-106.
- Kang, Hee-Kyung and Lee, Yong-Jae. 2017. "A Study on the Economic Feasibility Analysis of Public Library Construction - Focused on the Case of Geumsaem Library Construction." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(2): 99-119. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.201706.99
- Kang, Hee-Kyung, Chang, Durk-Hyun and Lee, Soo-Sang. 2014. "The Economic Feasibility Analysis of Busan Central Library Construction: For the Four Candidate Sites". Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 45(4): 409-428. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.45.4.201412.409
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2009. Study of the Economic Valuation of Public Libraries. Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2016. A Manual on Construction and Management for Public Libraries. Sejong: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Oh, Yong-Sik, Hwang, Jin-Yong and Lee, Yong-Jae. "A Study on the Economic Feasibility of Constructing the Maritime and Ocean Digital Library." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(2): 175-200. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.47.201606.175
- Yun, Dae-Sic et al. 2003. "Economic Feasibility Analysis of Constructing a New Public Library." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 34(1): 313-330.
- Yoon, Hee-Yoon. 2013. "Feasibility Analysis of Establishment of the Collaborative Repository for Public Libraries in Korea." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 44(2): 5-26.
- Lee, Han-Sung and Choi, Se-Hyun. 2002. "Economic Feasibility Analysis of Building A Local Museum." Journal of The Korean Regional Development Association, 14(2): 107-121.
- Pyo, Soon Hee. 2012. "The Comparative Study of Public Library Valuation Using CVM: Case of the Payment Vehicles." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 29(2): 173-191 https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2012.29.2.173
- Korea Development Institute. 2008. A Study on General Guidelines for Pre-feasibility Study (5th ed). Seoul: Korea Development Institute.
- Korea Development Institute. 2012. CVM Guidelines for the Preliminary Feasibility Study. Seoul: Korea Development Institute.