- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Evaluation of Usability of Unmanned Smart Libraries
무인 스마트도서관에 대한 사용성 평가 연구
- Kwak, Seung-Jin (충남대학교 문헌정보학과) ;
- Son, Chung-Ki (한국과학기술원 도서관 학술정보개발팀) ;
- Jang, Geun-yeong (한국과학기술원 도서관 학술정보운영팀)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.05.05
- Published : 2018.05.31
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the user's perception and usability of the unmanned smart library and to derive the improvements. After reviewing the literature on smart technology and smart equipment, we surveyed users who use unmanned smart library installed in Sejong City and Pohang City, and questioned the use, operation and service satisfaction of unmanned smart library. Based on the results of the analysis, we suggested ways to improve the unmanned smart library and draw users to the library. Unattended smart library users varied in age and educational background, and they were most interested in borrowing books and were satisfied with their overall use.
Unmanned Smart Library;Smart technology;Smart Equipment;Usability Evaluation;RFID;Smart Library
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Bae, Kyung-Jae and Kwak, Seung-Jin. 2006. "A Study of Developing the Ubiquitous Library for the Improvement of Information Accessability of the Blind."Journal of The Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 37(2): 273-290.
Sungkyunkwan University Library Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 17.]
Yonsei University Library Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 17.]
ECO. Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 5.]
- Lee, Jong-Moon. 2007. A Study on the Application of the RFID Technology to Libraries. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 38(1): 157-171. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.38.1.200703.157
- Jung, Min-gyeong and Kwon, Seon-Yeong. 2014. "A Study on Internet of Things based on Semantic for Library." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 45(2): 235-260. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.45.2.201406.235
Jung Soo Global Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 5.]
- Cheonan. 2016. 2025 Long-term Comprehensive Development Plan of Cheonan City Library. Cheonan: Cheonan City Hall.
- Kwak, Seung-Jin and Bae, Kyung-Jae. 2009. Ubiquitous Library Usability Test for the Improvement of Information Access for the Blind. The Electronic Library, 27(4): 623-639. https://doi.org/10.1108/02640470910979589
"University of Oregon Science Libraries Back Up Fossils with 3D Printer." 2014. Library Journal. January 13. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 15.]
- Yang, X et al. 2017. "Smart Library Identifying Books on Library Shelves Using Supervised Deep Learning for Scene Text Reading." In Digital Libraries (JCDL), 2017 ACM/IEEE Joint Conference. June 19-23, 2017, Toronto: 1-4.
National Library Statistics System Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 4.]
- Kim, Tae-Young et al. 2017. "A Study on the Current Status and Application Strategies of the Smart Devices in the Library."Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 51(4): 203-226. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2017.51.4.203
Nicom. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 5.]
- Noh, Dong-Jo and Son, Tae-Ik. 2016. "A Study on the Internet of Things Services in University Libraries focused on S University Library."Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 27(4): 301-320. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2016.27.4.301
- Nonsan. 2017. Study on Establishment of Basic Plan for Operation of Nonsan City Library. Nonsan: Nonsan City Hall.
- Committee on Library and Information Policy. 2014. The Second Comprehensive Library Advancement Plan 2014-2018. Sejong: Committee on Library and Information Policy.
Muhan sangsangsil Homepage. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 17.]
"High Tech Shelf Help: Singapore's Library Robot." 2016. Library Journal. August 3. [online] [cited 2018. 2. 3.]