- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improvement Plan of Teacher Librarians' Placement by a Comparison between Teacher Librarian and Other Teachers Not-teaching the Subject Matter
사서교사와 타 비교과 교사의 배치 비교를 통한 사서교사 배치 개선방안 연구
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.05.05
- Published : 2018.05.31
The purpose of this study is to find a better way for placement of teacher librarians. So, the literature research is applied for the study. It is unreasonable to arrange one school librarian staff per 1,500 students, based on the criteria of the total number of personnel including that of teacher librarians and practice teachers and librarian, in accordance with the existing enforcement decree of Article 7. In fact, this clause, linked to other related regulations, makes it difficult to place teacher librarians. And the quota of teacher librarians is noticeably low as compared with that of other teachers who are not-teaching the subject matter. This operates disadvantageously to teacher librarians when it comes to assigning quota in secondary teacher selection test and the accumulation of this phenomenon gradually worsens the current situation. The roles of teacher librarians and librarians should be defined separately when amending the Enforcement Decree of School Libraries Promotion. And we should also take into consideration that the number of students per school is around 500. Therefore, Enforcement Decree of School Libraries Promotion Act should be revised toward placing teacher librarians depending on the size and number of schools. Predictability should be secured in teacher librarians selection test. In addition, flexibility should be granted to the training institute so that many people can prepare the teacher librarians qualification. Finally, it is necessary to increase the teacher librarian capacity for private schools. This study will be the basis of the theoretical foundation for stable teacher librarian placement.
School Libraries Promotion Act;Enforcement Decree of School Libraries Promotion Act;Teacher Librarian;Nonsubject Teacher;Secondary Teacher Selection Test
Korean Educational Statistics Service. [online] [cited 2018. 4. 12.]
National Law Information Center. [online] [cited 2018. 4. 12.]
- Kim, Mi-Kyeong. 2013. "A Study on the Change in Health Teacher Placement Standards and the Problems in the Placement Policy Purpose." Journal of the Korea Society for School Health, 26(3): 133-143.
- Kim, Hyeon-Suk. 2012. "History and Development Strategy of School Health Education in Korea." Journal of the Korea Society for School Health, 25(2): 147-158.
Daegu Metropolitan Office of Education. [online] [cited 2018. 4. 12.]
- Park, Ju-Hyeon and Lee, Myoung-Gyu. 2014. "Political Issue and Problem of School Library Education in Korea." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 48(1): 299-328. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2014.48.1.299
- Byun, Woo-Yeoul. 2017. "A Comparative Analysis on the School Library Law of Korea and Japan." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(2): 23-51. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.2.201706.23
- Song, Gi-Ho. 2012. "A Reflective Inquiry of the Qualification System and Jobs for the Teacher Librarian in Korea." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 23(4): 161-180. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2012.23.4.161
- Song, Young-Hee. 2011. A Study on Support Staffs in Large Class Schools based on Job Analysis of School Health Teachers. Ph.D. diss., Department of Healthh Graduate School, HangYang University.
- Oh, Nam Su. 2013. A Study on the Problems and the Revision of the School Library Promotion Act. M.A. thesis, Major in Education Policy, Korea National University of Education.
- Lee, Kwang-Yong. 2011. A Need Analysis on Expectation about Efficient Management of Professional Counseling Teacher System in Elementary School. M.A. thesis, Major in Counseling Psychology, WonKwang University.
- Lee, Jae Whoan. 2016. "Progress and Problems in Korean School Library Policies." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(3): 41-70. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.47.3.201609.41
- Chang, Woo-Kwon and Park, Ju-Hyeon. 2013. "Problems of School Libraries Promotion Act and Directions for Reform." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 45(3): 335-358.
Korea School Library Association. [online] [cited 2018. 4. 11.]