- Volume 51 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Response of Soybean (Glycine max L.) to Subsurface Drip Irrigation with Different Dripline Placements at a Sandy-loam Soil
- Lee, Sanghun ;
- Jung, Ki-Yuol ;
- Chun, Hyen-Chung ;
- Choi, Young-Dae ;
- Kang, Hang-Won
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.04.26
- Published : 2018.05.31
Subsurface drip irrigation (SDI) system is considered one of the most effective methods for water application. A 2-year field study was conducted to investigate the effect of SDI systems with various dripline spacing (0.7 or 1.4 m) and position (under furrow or ridge) on soybean (Glycine max L.) production at a sandy-loam soil in Miryang, South Korea. For 2016-2017, average grain yield in SDI irrigated plots,
Dripline;Irrigation water use efficiency;Subsurface drip irrigation
- Allen, R., L.S. Pereira, D. Raes, and M. Smith. 1998. Crop evapotranspiration - guidelines for computing crop water requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper No. 56. Rome. Italy.
- Bianchi, A., D. Masseroni, M. Thalheimer, L.O. de Medici, and A. Facchi. 2017. Field irrigation management through soil water potential measurements: a review. Ital. J. Agrometerol. 22(2):25-38.
- Bos, M.G. 1980. Irrigation efficiencies at crop production level. ICID Bull. 29:18-25.
- Camp, C.R. 1998. Subsurface drip irrigation: A review. Trans. ASAE. 41:1353-1367. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.17309
- Camp, C.R., P.J. Bauer, and P.G. Hunt. 1997. Subsurface drip irrigation lateral spacing and management for cotton in the southeastern coastal plain. Trans. ASAE. 40:993-999. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.21351
- Enciso, J.M., P.D. Colaizzi, and W.L. Multer. 2005. Economic analysis of subsurface drip irrigation lateral spacing and installation depth for cotton. Trans. ASAE. 48:197-204. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.17963
- Gao, Y., L. Yang, X. Shen, X. Li, J. Sun, A. Duan, and L. Wu. 2014. Winter wheat with subsurface drip irrigation (SDI): Crop coefficients, water-use estimates, and effects of SDI on grain yield and water use efficiency. Agric. Water Manage. 146:1:10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2014.07.010
- Grattan, S.R., L.J. Schwankl, and W.T. Lanini. 1990. Distribution of annual weeds in relation to irrigation method. In Proc. 3rd Nat. Irrig. Symp., 148-153. St. Joseph, Mich.: ASAE.
- Grabow, G.L., R.L. Huffman, R.O. Evans, D.L. Jordan, and R.C. Nuti. 2006. Water distribution from a subsurface drip irrigation system and dripline spacing effect on cotton yield and water use efficiency in a coastal plain soil. Trans. ASABE. 49:1823-1835. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.22303
- Hunt, P.G., K.C. Stone, T.A. Matheny, M.B. Vanotti, A.A. Szogi, and W.J. Busscher. 2011. Double-cropped soybean and wheat with subsurface drip irrigation supplemented by treated swine wastewater. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 42:2778-2794. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103624.2011.622824
- Irmak, S., J.E. Specht, L.O. Odhiambo, J.M. Rees, and K.G. Cassman. 2014. Soybean yield, evapotranspiration, water productivity, and soil water extraction response to subsurface drip irrigation and fertigation. Trans. ASABE. 57: 729-748.
- Kwak, J., S. Kim, J. Jung, V.P. Singh, D.R. Lee, and H.S. Kim. 2016. Assessment of meterological drought in Korea under climate change. Advances in Meteorology. Vol. 2016. Article ID 1879024. https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1879024 https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1879024
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, and S.E. Lee. 2012. Effect of subsurface drip pipes spacing on the yield of lettuce, irrigation efficiency, and soil chemical properties in greenhouse cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:683-689. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.683
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2000. Soil and plant analysis method. Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea.
- Scott, H.D., J.A. Ferguson, and L.S. Wood. 1987. Water use, yield, and dry matter accumulation by determinate soy- bean grown in a humid region. Agron. J. 79:870-875. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1987.00021962007900050023x
- Zhitao, Z., Y. Lan, W. Pute, and H. Wenting. 2014. Model of soybean NDVI change based on time series. Int. J. Agric. Biol. Eng. 7:64-70.
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration