- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Economic Evaluation of Duck Livestock Management in Utilizing of Various Forms of Houttuynia cordata With Fermented Red Koji as Feed Additives in a Field Study
여러 제형의 발효홍국 어성초를 오리사료첨가제로 적용한 현장연구에서 오리축산경영의 경제성 평가
- Jang, Woo-Whan (Department of Agricultural economics, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Chung, Yung-Ho (Department of Companion Animals and Animal Resources Science, Joongbu University) ;
- Choi, In Hag (Department of Companion Animals and Animal Resources Science, Joongbu University)
- Received : 2018.04.15
- Accepted : 2018.04.26
- Published : 2018.05.31
The influence of various forms of Houttuynia cordata with fermented red koji as feed additives on the performance of duck livestock was evaluated through a field study. Two hundred and forty ducks (Pekins) aged 0-38 d were used. They were randomly assigned to four treatment groups (0%, 1% H. cordata powder with fermented red koji, 1% H. cordata pelleted with fermented red koji, and 1% H. cordata coated with fermented red koji) with four replicates (15 ducks per replication). Foreconomic evaluation, the data (a total of 240 duck) obtained from each treatment were applied to 10,000 ducks per treatment 38-d after the feeding trial. Overall, the results of economic evaluation were the highest in the treatment with 1% H. cordata coated with fermented red koji, followed by 1% H. cordatapelleted with fermented red koji, 1% H. cordatapowder with fermented red koji, and control. In conclusion, using 1% H. cordatawith fermented red koji as coating and pellet type duck diets might be of economic advantage for sustainable environmental management.
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Choi, I. H., 2017, Economic evaluation of duck using Houttuynia cordata as feed additives -a field study, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 27, 59-61.
- Huh, D., Lee, H. W., Lee, J. M., Kyung, J. H., 2010, A Study on the situation analysis and outlook technique establishment of duck industry, Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Kim, B. D., Moon, J. E., 2006, The effect of environmental performance on the market value of Korean firms, SNU Open Repository and Archive, 89-121.
- Lee, B. W., Ahn, Y. K., 2015. Understanding environmental management. Econlivers Publishing Inc., Seoul.