- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Instantaneous Structure of Turbulent Pulverized Coal Flame by Simultaneous Measurement
동시계측에 의한 난류 미분탄 화염의 순간구조에 관한 연구
- Hwang, Seung-min (Department of Environmental Engineering, Hoseo University)
- 황승민 (호서대학교 건축토목환경공학부 환경공학전공)
- Received : 2018.03.27
- Accepted : 2018.04.30
- Published : 2018.05.31
In this study, a laser sheet technique and PLIF (Planar laser-induced fluorescence) are applied to a laboratory-scale pulverized coal burner of the open type, and the spatial relationship of the pulverized coal particle zone and the combustion reaction zone is examined by simultaneous measurement of Mie scattering and OH-LIF images. It is found that this technique can be used to investigate the spatial relationship of the combustion reaction zone and pulverized-coal particles in turbulent pulverized-coal flames without disturbing the combustion reaction field. In the upstream region, the combustion reaction occurs only in the periphery of the clusters where high-temperature burned gas of the methane pilot flame is entrained and oxygen supply is sufficient. In the downstream region, however, combustion reaction can be seen also within clusters of pulverized-coal particles, since the temperature of pulverized-coal particles rises, and the mixing with emitted volatile matter and ambient air is promoted.
- Akamatsu, F., 1996, A Study on combustion behavior of droplet cluster in liquid fuel spray, Ph. D Thesis, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
- Chiu, H. H., Kim, H. Y., Croke, E. J., 1982, Internal Group Combustion of Liquid Droplet, Proc. Combust. Inst., 19, 971-980. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(82)80273-7
- Hino, M., 2002, Spectrum Analysis, Asakura Pulishing Co., Ltd.
- Hwang, S. M., Kurose, R., Akamatsu, F., Tsuji, H., Makino, H., Katsuki, M., 2005, Application of Optical Diagnostics Techniques to a Laboratory-Scale Turbulent Pulverized Coal Flame, Energy & Fuels, 19(2), 382-392. https://doi.org/10.1021/ef049867z
- Hwang, S. M., Kurose, R., Oomagari, K., Akamatsu, F., Tsuji, H., Makino, H., Katsuki, M., 2003, Proceeding of the 4th Asia-Pacific Conference on Combustion, ASPACC2003, 414-417.
- Hwang, S. M., Kurose, R., Oomagari, K., Akamatsu, F., Tsuji, H., Makino, H., Katsuki, M., 2003, Proceeding of the International Conference on Power Engineering-03 (ICOPE-03), 393-398.
- Hwang, S. M., 2005, A Study on flame structure of Multi-Phase combustion by optical measurement, Ph. D Thesis, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
- Hwang, S. M., 2010, A Study on the Particle Behavior in Turbulent Pulverized Coal Flame, Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 32(12), 1111-1118.
- Mokhov, A. V., Levinsky, H. B., van der Meij, C. E., 1997, Temperature dependence of laser-induced-fluorescence of nitric oxide in laminar premixed atmospheric-pressure flames, Appl. Otp., 36(15), 3233-3243.
- Schulz, C., Sick, V., Heinze, J., Stricker, W., 1997, Laser-induced-fluorescence detection of nitric oxide in high-pressure flame with A-X(0,2) excitation, Appl. Opt., 36(15), 3227-3232. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.36.003227
- Thomson, D. D., Kuligowaki, F. F., Laurendeau, N. M., 1997, Background corrections for laser-induced-fluorescence measurements of nitric oxide in lean, high-pressure, premixed methane flames, Appl. Otp., 36(15), 3244-3252.