- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of Emotional Intelligence and Convergent Nurses' Work Environment on Nursing Performance among Clinical Nurses as Career-beginners
사회초년기 종합병원간호사의 감성지능과 융·복합 간호업무환경이 간호업무성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Eun Ju (College of Nursing, Keimyung University)
- 이은주 (계명대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.05.20
- Published : 2018.05.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the levels of emotional intelligence, and convergent nurses' work environment and to identify the effects of emotional intelligence and convergent nurses' work environment on nursing performance among clinical nurses as career-beginners. The study subject was a total of 95 clinical nurses as career-beginners that were recruited from three hospitals. Descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficient and stepwise multiple regression with SPSS 21.0 program were used to analyze the data. The study results had shown significant correlations of emotional intelligence, and convergent nurses' work environment and regulator of emotional and leadership had explanation power 28.0% of nursing performance. We should consider the methods to enhance regulator of personal emotional and improve leadership of administrators for nursing performance. Therefore, the results can be used as basic data to develop nursing performance improvement program and the strategies for clinical nurses as career-beginners.
- S. H. Osipow & L. Fitzgerald. (1996). Theories of career development (4th ed.). Needham Heights, MA : Allyn & Bacon.
- H. S. Lee & S. H. Lee. (2017) Study on Organizational Performance: Focused on Public Institutions. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 47-54. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.47 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.47
- M. J. Kim, J. W, Lee & J. S. Park. (2017). Effects of Nurses' Practice Environment and Job Embeddedness on Turnover Intention in Medium-small sized Hospital. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 18(1), 222-230. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.222
- S. Y. Park (2018). Issues and Challenges of Nursing Workforce Supply to Improve the Quality of Health Care Services. Journal of Korean Association of Convergence Humanity,, 6(1), 31-54. https://doi.org/10.14729/converging.k.2018.6.1.31
- S. K. Park, K. M. Cho, Y. K. Choi, D. Y. & Y. J. Lee. (2015). Survey of Nurses Activity. Korea Health Industry Developement Institute. Seoul.
- J. H. Jeon, Y. H. Yom. (2014). Roles of Empowerment and Emotional Intelligence in the Relationship between Job Embeddedness and Turnover Intension among General Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 20(3), 302-312. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.302
- M. Y. Kim. (2016). Nurse Turnover Costs: A Medium-sized Hospital Case. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 6(8), 41-49. DOI : 0.14257/AJMAHS.2016.08.21
- K. M. Sin, J. O. Kwon & E. Y. Kim. (2014). Factors associated with New Graduate Nurses' Reality Shock. Jouranl of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 20(3), 292-301. DOI : 110.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.292 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.292
- Gormley, D. K. (2011). Are we on the same page? Staff nurse and manager perceptions of work environment, quality of care and anticipated nurse turnover. Journal of Nursing Management, 19, 33-40. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2010.01163.x. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2010.01163.x
- J. K. Kim, M. J. Kim, S. Y. Kim, M. Yu & K. A. Lee. (2014) Effects of General Hospital Nurses' Work Environment on Job Embeddedness and Burnout. Jouranl of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 20(1), 69-81. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.69 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.69
- Y. K. Ko. (2013) Relationship of Nurse Practice Environment and Work-Family Conflict to Job Satisfaction in Hospital Nurses in Korea, Jouranl of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 19(2), 207-216. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.207 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.207
- S. H. Lee. (2017) Effect of Nurse Practice Environment and Organizational Justice on Job Embeddedness in the Small and Medium Sized Hospital Nurses, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12), 369-380, DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.369 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.369
- J. S. Kim, J. K. Kim, W. S. Han & M. S. Shim. (2012). Effects of National Evaluation of Long-Term Care Hospitals on Hospital Workers; Work Environment, Job Satisfaction, and Quality of Services. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 26(1), 137-146. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.137
- Goleman D. Emotional intelligence. New York: BantamBooks; 2005. p. 1-384.
- J. H. Park. (2017). Turnover Reduction Strategy of New Graduate Nurses. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(8), 833-842. DOI : 10.14257/ajmahs.2017.08.44
- H. S. Oh & H. Wee. (2016). Self Efficacy, Organizational Commitment, Customer Orientation and Nursing Performance of Nurses in Local Public Hospitals. Jouranl of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 22(5), 507-517. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2016.22.5.507 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.5.507
- S. B, Kwon, M. J. Park, H. M. Song & J. S. Moon. (2017). Effects of Job Embeddedness and Emotional Intelligence on Performance of Nurses in Medium and Small sized Hospital. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 11(1), 55-66. DOI: 10.12811/kshsm.2017.11.1.055
- G. W. Lee, K. S. Park & Y. H. Kim. (2014). Emotional Intelligence and Nursing performance of Clinical Nurses. The Journal of the Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Informatics, 20(1), 9-24.
- J. H. Park & S. K. Chung. (2016). Influence of Emotional Labor, Communication Competence and Resilience on Nursing Performance in University Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(10), 236-233. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.236 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.236
- C. Emold, N. Schneider, I. Meller & Y. Yagil. (2011). Communication Skills, Working Environment and Burnout among Oncology Nurses. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 15(4), 358-363. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2010.08.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2010.08.001
- K. L. Choi, S. E. Heo & D. H. Moon. (2016). Convergence Study on the Influence of Job Stress of Shift Work Nurses on Nursing Performance. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 7(4), 107-121. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.107
- S. H. Park. (2012). Development of the nursing work environment scale. master's thesis. Dong-A University, Busan
- C. Wong & K. Law. (2002). The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. The Leadership Quarterly, 13(3), 243-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1
- Y. R. Yoon. (2012). The Impacts of Emotional Intelligence, Job Satisfaction and Self-efficacy on the Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Maser thesis. Ulsan University, Ulsan.
- Y. K. Ko, T. W. Lee & J. Y. Lim. (2007). Development of a Performance Measurement Scale for Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(3), 286-294. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.286
- O. S. Lee, M. O. Gu & M. J. Kim. (2015). Influence of Emotional Intelligence and Ego Resilience on Interpersonal Relationship of Nurses. Journal of Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, 16(6), 3902-3910. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.3902
- S. Min & H. S. Kim. (2005). Correlation between Perception of Nurses about Transformational Leadership and Nursing Performance. Korea Journal of Business Administration, 49, 871-884.