- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of SNS Advertisement Constituents on Advertising Reliability and Purchase Intention: Focusing on Facebook
SNS 광고 구성요인이 광고 신뢰도와 구매의도에 미치는 영향: 페이스북을 중심으로
- Kim, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations & journalism, Mokwon University) ;
- Yu, Seung-Yeob (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations, Namseoul University)
- Received : 2018.03.08
- Accepted : 2018.05.20
- Published : 2018.05.28
This study examined what constitutes the factors of the advertisement of Facebook advertisement, and what factors affect the reliability of the advertisement and the purchase intention. Data were collected from Facebook users and analyzed through exploratory factor analysis and multiple regression analysis. The results of this study are as follows: First, the factors of constituting Facebook advertisement were five factors of advertisement interest, customized information, advertisement exposure, peripheral responsiveness, and product late information. Second, it is confirmed that customized information has a statistically significant effect on ad reliability. However, ad exposure has an adverse effect on ad reliability. Third, customized information and advertising interest had a statistically significant effect on purchase intention. The results of this study have implications for the theoretical development of Facebook advertisement and the basic data for establishing Facebook advertisement strategy.
- Boyd, D. & Ellison, N. (2008). Social network sites: Definition, history, and scholarship. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 13, 10-230. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x
- Vollmer, C., & Precourt, G. (2008). Always on: Advertising, marketing, and media in an era of consumer control. McGraw Hill Professional: New York.
- DMC REPOT. (2017). Social media usage behavior and advertising attitude analysis report_summary. Seoul :DMC REPOT. http://www.dmcreport.co.kr/content/ReportView.php?type=Consumer&id=11740&gid=8
- f newsroom. (2017). 3Q results released in 2017. f newsroom https://ko.newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/11/2017%EB%85%84-3%EB%B6%84%EA%B8%B0-%EC%8B%A4%EC%A0%81-%EB%B0%9C%ED%91%9C-%EC%A3%BC%EC%9A%94-%EB%82%B4%EC%9A%A9/
- Tara C. Marshall. (2012). Facebook surveillance of former romantic partners: associations with post breakup recovery and personal growth. Cyber Psychology. Behavior, and Social Networking, 15(10), 521-526. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2012.0125 https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2012.0125
- Brettel, M., Reich, J. C., Gavilanes, J. M. & Flatten, T. C. (2015). What drives advertising success on Facebook? an advertising-effectiveness model. Journal of Advertising Research, 55(2), 162-175, DOI: 10.2501/JAR-55-2-162-175 https://doi.org/10.2501/JAR-55-2-162-175
- S. S. Hansen, J. K. Lee & S. Y. Lee. (2014). Consumer-generated ads on Youtube: impacts of source credibility and need for cognition on attitudes, interactive behaviors and ewon. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 15(3), 254-266.
- Lawrence, B., Fournier, S. & Brunel, F. (2013). When companies don't make the ad: A multi-method inquiry into the differential effectiveness of consumer-generated advertising. Journal of Advertising, 42(4), 292-307. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2013.795120 https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2013.795120
- J. H. Doo & J. H. Kim. (2012). The influence of facebook ad type on advertising effect persuasion knowledge model and technology acceptance Model. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 14(2), 300-330.
- G. H. Min, H. S. Park, M. J. Song & J. K. Lee. (2015). The effects of types of ads and the intensity of use on electronic word-of-mouth in Facebook: The moderating role of independent self-construal. The Korea Journal of Advertising, 26(8), 7-33.
- H. M. Byeon & S. W. Shim. (2016). The study on the effect on social native ads: Facebook sponsored advertising. Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations, 9(3), 26-48.
- B. K. Lee. (2011). Leading facebook sales growth: Self-serve advertising platform. KT Economic Research Institute, Seoul: Trends and Research Reports.
- DMC REPORT. (2016). Strategies and success stories for using Facebook targeting. Seoul :DMC REPOT.
- Y. J. Yang. (2015). Advertising and content are one, native advertising era. KAA Journal, 901-902.
- H. J. Kim. (2013). A Study on the factors affecting the SNS advertising attitude - Focus on perceived fit and identification in SNS advertising. Practical Science forum of Advertising & Public Relations, 6(1), 7-28.
- Ducoffe, R. H. (1996). Advertising value and advertising on the web. Journal of Advertising Research, 36(September/October), 21-35.
- Tsang, M. M., Ho, S. C. & Liang, T. P. (2004). Consumer attitudes toward mobile advertising: An empirical study. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 8(3), 65-78. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.605.8682&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Grewal, Dhruv, Sukumar Kavanoor, Edward Fern, Carolyn Costley & James Barnes. (1997). Comparative versus non comparative advertising: A meta-analysis. Journal of Marketing, 61(4), 1-15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1252083 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252083
- S. M. Lee. (2008). A Study on type of reliabilities of free news paper media effected on PR aricles attitudes and advertisement attitudes. Master's Thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.
- Fiske, S. T. & Taylor, S. E. (1992). Social cognition (2nd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Fogg, B. J. & Tseng, H. (1999). The elements of computer credibility. Proceedings of ACM CHI 99 conference on human factors in computing systems. New York: ACM Press. http://www.acm.org/pubs/articles/proceedings/chi/302979/p80-fogg/p80-fogg.pdf
- Chan, Ricky Y. K., T. K. P. Leung & Y. H. Wong. (2006). The effectiveness of environmental claims for services advertising. The Journal of Services Marketing, 20(4), 233-250. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040610674580 https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040610674580
- H. J. Soh. (2009). Trust in advertising: scale development and exploration of antecedents. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 20(4), 89-106.
- Kollock, P. (1999). The production of trust in online markets. Advances in Group Processes, 16, 99-123.
- Urban, G. L., Sultan, F. & Qualls, W. J. (2000). Placing trust at the center of your internet strategy. Sloan Management Review, 42(1), 39-48.
- Koufaris, M. (2002). Applying the technology acceptance model and flow theory to online consumer behavior. Information Systems Research 13(2), 205-223. http://cat10492.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/65317090/205.full.pdf https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.220.127.116.11
- H. S. Byeon. (2008). The effects of internet user's trust, impulsiveness and commitment on the outcomes of visiting web stores. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 21(4), 1523-1542.
- E. K. Han & S. H. Lim. (2012). A Study of influence on social media credibility and mediation effect of advertising credibility on social media. Advertising Research, 92, 7-29.
- Oliver, R. L. (1980). A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), 460-469. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3150499 https://lms.ctu.edu.vn/dokeos/courses/KT321/document/LUOC_KHAO_TAI_LIEU/satisfaction_OLIVER_1980.PDF https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R. D. & Miniard, P. W. (1995). Consumer behavior (8th ed.). New York: The Dryden Press.
- Assael, H. (1995). Consumer behavior and marketing action, 5th ed, cincinnati. Ohio: ITP, South-western College Publishing.
- N. S. Yoon, J. Y. Kim & Y. K. Park. (2011). The impact of price discount on perceived value, willingness to buy, and search intentions according to the level of consumers' involvement. Journal of Distribution Science, 9(1), 39-48. https://doi.org/10.15722/jds.9.1.201103.39
- S. C. Lee, J. H. Lim & S. H. Lee. (2015). The influence of mobile advertisement features on attitudes toward mobile advertising and purchase intention. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 26(6), 213-232. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2015.8.31.213
- S. M. Jung. (2006). A Study on the relationship between SNS advertisement and consumer's reaction: focusing on university students. The Journal of Professional Management, 19(1), 185-207.
- platum. (2017). Last month, the most popular mobile SNS app that Koreans use is 'Facebook'. Seoul: platum. http://platum.kr/archives/80774
- S. Y. Yu & E. H. Kim. (2017). What constitutes a Facebook ad?. Consumer integration Conference.
- MacKenzie, Scott B., & Lutz, Richard J. (1989). An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of attitude toward the ad in an advertising pretesting context. Journal of Marketing, 53(April), 48-65, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413
- Spears, N. & Singh, S. N. (2004). Measuring attitude toward the brand and purchase intentions. Journal of Current Issues & Research in Advertising, 26(2), 53-66. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10641734.2004.10505164 https://doi.org/10.1080/10641734.2004.10505164