- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Trusted Non-3GPP Access Interworking in 3GPP 5G System
3GPP 5G 시스템에서 Trusted Non-3GPP 액세스 연동 기술
- Kang, Yoohwa (Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Changki (Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.04.21
- Published : 2018.04.30
A common core network is the one of main architectural principles in 3GPP 5G System which has common interfaces with different multiple accesses. 3GPP 5G System Phase 1 (Release 15) supports Untrusted Non-3GPP access as well as 3GPP access with common interfaces. Non-3GPP Interworking Function (N3IWF) has been defined to interface with a UE and a core network for supporting Untrusted Non-3GPP access in 3GPP Release 15. However, interworking with Trusted Non-3GPP access is under study to be completed in 3GPP 5G System Phase 2 (Release 16). Therefore, this paper proposes a Trusted Non-3GPP access network architecture and related signaling procedures, and then the implementation based on the proposal shows how to interwork between Trusted Non-3GPP access and the 5G core network. In our proposal, N3IWF can interwork with either Untrusted or Trusted Non-3GPP access without any architectural modification or addition of 3GPP 5G system Phase 1.
Grant : 유/무선 액세스에 비종속적인 5G 코어 핵심기술 개발
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- 3GPP TS 23.501 v15.0.0, "System Architecture for the 5G System; Stage 2," December 2017.
- 3GPP TS 23.502 v15.0.0, "Procedures for the 5G System; Stage 2," December 2017.
- 3GPP TR 23.716 v0.3.0, "Study on the Wireless and Wireline Convergence for the 5G system architecture," March 2018.
- 3GPP TS 23.402 v15.3.0, "Architecture enhancements for non-3GPP access," March 2018.
- IETF RFC 7296, "Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)," October 2014.
- IETF RFC 4303, "IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)," December 2005.