- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Spatial Decision Support System for Development and Conservation of Unexecuted Urban Park using ACO - Ant Colony Optimization -
장기 미집행 도시계획시설 중 도시공원을 위한 보전/개발 공간의사결정 시스템 - 개미군집알고리즘(ACO)를 이용하여-
- Yoon, Eun-Joo (Interdisciplinary Program in Landscape Architecture, Seoul National University) ;
- Song, Eun-Jo (Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Jeung, Yoon-Hee (Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Young (Suwon Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong-Kun (Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University)
- 윤은주 (서울대학교 협동과정 조경학) ;
- 송은조 (서울대학교 조경지역시스템공학부) ;
- 정윤희 (서울대학교 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 김은영 (수원시정연구원) ;
- 이동근 (서울대학교 조경지역시스템공학부)
- Received : 2018.02.26
- Accepted : 2018.03.21
- Published : 2018.04.30
Long-term unexecuted urban parks will be released from urban planning facilities after 2020, this may result in development of those parks. However, little research have been focused on how to develop those parks considering conservation, development, spatial pattern, and so on. Therefore, in this study, we suggested an optimization planning model that minimizes the fragmentation while maximizing the conservation and development profit using ACO (Ant Colony Optimization). Our study area is Suwon Yeongheung Park, which is long-term unexecuted urban parks and have actual plan for private development in 2019. Using our optimization planning model, we obtained four alternatives(A, B, C, D), all of which showed continuous land use patterns and satisfied the objectives related to conservation and development. Each alternative are optimized based on different weight combinations of conservation, development, and fragmentation, and we can also generated other alternatives immediately by adjusting the weights. This is possible because the planning process in our model is very fast and quantitative. Therefore, we expected our optimization planning model can support "spatial decision making" of various issue and sites.
Supported by : 한국환경산업기술원
- Ahn, Y.J., Lee, D.K., Kim, H.G., Mo, Y.W. 2014. Applying connectivity analysis for prioritizing unexectued urban parks in Sungnam. Journal of the Korean Society of Environmental Restoration Technology 17(3): 75-86 (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.3.75
- Architecture&Urban Research Institute. 2014. A study on the management system of urban parks unimplemented towards expanding daily life infrastructure (In Korean).
- Janag, N.J., Kim, J. 2013. A simulation to estimate the applicability of special use permit policy to Seoul park system. Journal of Korean Planning Association 48(4): 169-186 (In Korean).
- Kang, S.J. 2017. A Study on the legal improvement of long term unexecuted urban parks. Kyungsung Law Review 26(0): 91-122 (In Korean).
- Kim, E.Y., Jeon, S.W., Song, W.K., Kwak, J.Y., Lee, J. 2012. Application of ECVAM as a indicator for monitoring national environment in Korea. Environmental Policy Research 11(2): 3-16 (In Korean).
- Korean Environment Institute. 2006. Suggestion of biodiversity as a criterion for the environmental assessment (In Korean).
- Lee, H.J. 2013. A study on deduction of planning indicators and AHP for development plan of industrial complex: focusing on industrial complex in Gyeonggi province. Graduate School of Engineering, Hanyang university (In Korean).
- Lee, J.J. 2005. A study on the development of the planning indicator of the Korean style Eco-city. Journal of Korean Planning Association 40(4): 9-25 (In Korean).
- Lee, K.J., Ahn, M.J., Lee, S.M. 2015. A study on determining a locational priority for publicly purchasing unexecuted park sites considering the level of service benefits. Journal of Korean Cartographic Association 15(2): 51-65 (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.16879/jkca.2015.15.2.051
- Ra, J.H., Ryu, Y.S., Sagong, J.H. 2001. An evaluation of biotope based on its valuation criteria in terms of conservation of species and habitat. Journal of Korean institute of landscape architecture 29(1): 100-112 (In Korean).
- Seoul Development Institute. 2015. A study on the plan to establish standards for setting priorities of compensation for unexecuted urban planning facilities infrastructure in green tract of land (In Korean).
- Seoul Development Institute. 2011. A Study on the urban park management system with special use permits in Seoul (In Korean).
- Cao, K.․Batty, B.․Huang, B.․Liu, Y.․Yu, L. and Chen, J. 2011. Spatial multi-objective land use optimization: extensions to the non dominated sorting genetic algorithm-II. Int J Geogr Inf Sci 25: 1949-1969. https://doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2011.570269
- Dorigo, M. 1992. Optimization, learning and antural algorithms. Thesis (PhD), Department of Electronics, Politecnico diMilano, Italy.
- Eldrandaly, K. 2010. A GEP-based spatial decision support system for multisite land use allocation. Appl Soft Comput J 10: 694-702. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2009.07.014
- Karakostas, S.M. 2017. Bridging the gap between multi-objective optimization and spatial planning: a new post-processing methodology capturing the optimum allocation of land uses against established transportation infrastructure. Transp Plan Technol 40: 305-326. https://doi.org/10.1080/03081060.2017.1283157
- Li, X.․He, J. and Liu, X. 2009. Intelligent GIS for solving high-dimensional site selection problems using ant colony optimization techniques. International Journal of Geographical Information Science 23(4): 399-416. https://doi.org/10.1080/13658810801918491
- Liu, X.․Li, X.․Shi, X.․Huang, K. and Liu, Y. 2012. A Multi-type ant colony optimization (MACO) method for optimzal land use allocation in large areas. International Journal of Geographical Information Science 26(7): 1325-1343. https://doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2011.635594
- Liu, X.․Li, X.․Yeh, A.G.O.․He, J.Q. and Tao, J. 2007. Discovery of transition rules for geographical sellular automata by using ant colony optimization. Sci China Ser D-Earth Sci 50(10): 1578-1588. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11430-007-0083-z
- Ma, S.․Li, X. and Cai, Y. 2017. Delimiting the urban growth boundaries with a modified ant colony optimization model. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 62: 146-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2016.11.004
- Stewart, T.J.․Janssen, R. and van Herwijnen, M. 2004. A genetic algorithm approach to multiobjective land use planning. Computers & Operations Research 31: 2293-2313. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0548(03)00188-6
- Voskamp, I.M. and Ven, F.H.M. 2015. Planning support system for climate adaptation: Composing effective sets of blue-green measures to reduce urban vulnerability to extreme weather events. Building and Environment 83: 159-167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2014.07.018
- Yang, X.․Zheng, X.Q. and Lv, L.N. 2012. A spatiotemporal model of land use change based on ant colony optimizaton, Markov chain and cellular automata. Ecological Modelling 233: 11-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2012.03.011
- Yoon, E.J.․Lee, D.K.․Kim, H.G.․Kim, H. R.․ Jung, E. and Yoon, H. 2017. Multi-Objective Land Use Allocation Considering Landslide Risk under Climate Change: Case Study in Pyeongchang-gun, Korea. Sutainability 9