- Volume 13 Issue 3
In visible light (VL) positioning based on angle of arrival (AOA) estimation for smart indoor service, the AOA parameters obtained at the receiver has sometimes a random and distributed angle form instead of a point angle form due to the multipath transfer of the actual visible light and short positioning distance. The AOA estimation of a VL signal with a random and parametric distributed angle form may give incorrect AOA parameter estimates, which may result in poor VL positioning performance. In this paper, we classify the AOA parameters of the received VL signal into three forms according to the actual positioning channel environment and consider the short-range VL positioning method. We propose a subspace-based AOA parameter estimation technique and a data fusion method, and analyzed the proposed method by simulation and the measurement of the real VL channel characteristics.
Visible light communication;Indoor positioning;Angle of arrival;Visible light channel;Data fusion
- A. Sahin, Y.S. Eroglu, İ. Guvenc, N. Pala, M. Yuksel, "Hybrid 3-D localization for visible light communication systems," J. of Light wave Tech, vol. 33, pp. 4589 - 4599, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2015.2477502
- S.-H. Yang, E.-M. Jeong, D.-R. Kim, H.-S. Kim, Y.-H. Son, and S.-K. Han, "Indoor three-dimensional location estimation based on LED visible light communication," Electronics Letters, vol. 49, pp. 54-56, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2012.3167
- Q. Yang, X. Zhu, H. Fu, and X. Che, "Survey of security technologies on wireless sensor networks," Journal of Sensors, vol. 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/842392, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/842392
- Z. Zhou, M. Kavehrad, and P. Deng, "Indoor positioning algorithm using light-emitting diode visible light communications," Optical Engineering, vol. 51, pp.1-6, 2012.
- S. Yang, D. Kim, H. Kim, Y. Son, and S. Han, "Visible light based high accuracy indoor positioning using the extinction ratio distributions of light signals," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 55, pp.1385-1389, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.27575
- W. Xu, J. Wang, H. Shen, H. Zhang, X. You, "Indoor positioning for Multiphotodiode Device Using Visible-Light Communications," IEEE Photonics Journal, vol. 8, pp.1-6, 2016.
- D.H. Johnson and D.E. Dudgeon: Array signal processing, Prentice Hall, 1993.
- X. Zhang, K. Cui, M. Yao, H. Zhang, and Z. Xu, "Experimental characterization of indoor visible light communication channels," IEEE 8th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing, pp. 1-5, 2012.
- V. Jungnickel, V. Pohl, S. Nönnig, and V. Helmolt, "A physical model for the wireless infrared communication channel," IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Comm., vol. 20, pp. 631-640, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.995522
- T. Komine and M. Nakagawa, "Fundamental analysis for visible-light communication system using LED lights," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electronics, vol. 50, pp. 100-107, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1277847
- D. Jung, S. Hann, S. Park, and C. Park, "Optical wireless indoor positioning system using light emitting diode ceiling lights," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, pp. 1622-1626, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.26880
- Y.U. Lee and S.M. Lee, "Random distributed angle-of-arrival parameter estimation technique for visible light positioning," IEEE 38th International Conference of Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), vol. 58, pp. 467-471, 2015.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)