- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Leading-phase Operation Capability of a 770 MW Jumbo Hydro-generator based on Stability Analysis and End-Region Heat Analysis
- Fan, Zhen-nan (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Zhou, Zhi-ting (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Li, Jian-fu (Dong Fang Electrical Machinery Co., Ltd.) ;
- Wen, Kun (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Wang, Jun (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Sun, Zhang (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Wang, Tao (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University) ;
- Yao, Bing (The Key Laboratory of Fluid and Power Machinery, Ministry of Education, Xihua University)
- Received : 2017.10.06
- Accepted : 2018.01.26
- Published : 2018.05.01
A generator-grid coupling calculation model is established to study the leading-phase operational capability of a 770 MW jumbo hydro-generator in a Chinese ultra-mega hydropower station. The static and dynamic stability of the generator are analyzed and calculated to obtain stability limits under leading-phase operating conditions. Three-dimensional (3D) time-varying nonlinear moving electromagnetic and temperature field models of the generator end-region are also established and used to determine the magnetic field, loss, and temperature of the end-region under the leading-phase operating condition. The simulation results agree with data measured from the actual 770 MW hydro-generator. This paper provides reliable reference data for the leading-phase operation of a jumbo hydro-generator, which will help to improve in the design and manufacture of future hydro-generators.
770MW jumbo hydroelectric generator;Leading-phase operation capability;Power system stability;Electromagnetic analysis;Temperature
Supported by : National natural sciences fund youth fund of China, Xihua University, Si chuan Provincial Education Department, Education Department of China
- Y. Wei, C. Jun, S. Quan-rong, "Discussion on large non-salient pole generator phase-advancement operation," Autom. Electr. Power Syst., vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 94-97, 2013.
- X. Hai-xia, Y. Ying-ying, X. Su-ming, "Magnetic thermal coupling analysis of end region of 1000MW turbine generator," in Proc. CSEE, 2008, pp. 118-122.
- S. Jia-yan, S. Yuan-su, Z. Xiao-min, "The new method of determining the capability of leading phase of generator and realizing the no-line monitoring," in Proc CSEE, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 139-143, 2006.
- S. Keller, M. Tu. Xuan, J. -J. Simond, and A. Chwery, "Large low-speed hydro-generator-unbalanced magnetic pulls and additional damper losses in eccentricity conditions," IET Electr. Power Appl., vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 657-664, Sept. 2007.
- LIU Xiangyu, HE Yuling, ZHOU Wen, LIU Qingquan, CHANG Yongliang, MENG Fanchao, "Analysis on Unit Capability of Leading-phase Operation Considering Stability Restriction of Power Grid", Journal of North China Electric Power University, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 52-57, 2017.
- Keranen, J., Ponomarev, P., Pippuri, J., et al, "Parallel Performance of Multi-Slice Finite-Element Modeling of Skewed Electrical Machines", IEEE Trans on Magnetics, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1204-1207, 2017.
- Huangfu, Y., Wang, S., Qiu, J., Zhang, H., et al, "Transient Performance Analysis of Induction Motor Using Field-Circuit Coupled Finite-Element Method", IEEE Trans on Magnetics, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 2283-2286, 2014.
- Sarikhani, A., Nejadpak, A., Mohammed, O. A, "Coupled Field-Circuit Estimation of Operational Inductance in PM Synchronous Machines by a Real-Time Physics-Based Inductance Observer", IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 2283-2286, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2243715
- G. Traxler-Samek, S. Lugand, and A. Schwery, "Add loss in the damper winding of large hydrogenerator at open-circuit and load conditions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 154-160, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2026773
- W. Li, Y. Zhang, Y. Chen, "Calculation and analysis of heat transfer coefficients and temperature fields of air-cooled large hydro-generator rotor excitation windings," IEEE Trans. Energy Conver., vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 946-952, Sept. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2011.2157923
- W. Li, C. Guan, and Y. Chen, "Influence of rotation on rotor fluid and temperature distribution in a large air-cooled hydrogenerator," IEEE Trans Energy Conver., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 117-124, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2012.2220852
- Z.-N. Fan, Y. Liao, L. Han, L.-D. Xie, "No-load voltage waveform optimization and damper bars heat reduction of tubular hydro-generator by different degree of adjusting damper bar pitch and skewing stator slot," IEEE Trans. Energy Conver., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 461-469, Sept. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2013.2259628
- M.-Q. Hu and X.-L. Huang, Numerical computation method and its application of electric machine performance. Nanjing: Southeast University Press, 2003, 16-30.
- SIMSEN 2.3: Modular simulation software for the analysis of energy conversion systems, 2008.
- C. Hui. Q/GDW 746-2012: Chinese national standard synchronous generator leading-phase test guideline. Beijing: Standards Press of China, 2012.