- Volume 13 Issue 3
The direct torque control (DTC) scheme features a simple structure thanks to stator flux-oriented control. It has the advantage of robustness against motor parameters variation since only the stator resistance is involved in the control scheme. On the other hand, the disadvantage of DTC is large torque ripple. To reduce the torque ripple, many studies on DTC-space vector modulation (DTC-SVM) schemes, which modulate the duty ratio with a fixed switching cycle, have been proposed. However, there is the difficulty in obtaining the duty ratio for DTC-SVM. Hence, this paper proposes a new duty ratio selection and stator flux calculation methods for reducing torque ripple. Simulations and experiments were carried out to determine the validity of the proposed method. The proposed scheme has simplified the duty ratio command and achieved the same control performance as the conventional duty ratio modulation method without using the information of motor parameters.
DTC (Direct Torque Control);DRM (Duty Ratio Modulation);Stator flux calculation;Torque ripple reduction;Fixed switching frequency
- F. Blaschke, "The principle of field orientation as applied to the new transvector closed loop control system for rotating machines," Siemens Review, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 217-220, 1972.
- R. De Doncker and D.W. Novotny, "The universal field oriented controller," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 92-100, Jan/Feb. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.273626
- I. Takahashi and T. Noguchi, "A new quick-response and high-efficiency control strategy of an induction motor," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 820-827, Sep. 1986.
- T.G. Habetler, F. Profumo, M. Pastorelli, and L.M. Tolbert, "Direct torque control of induction machines using space vector modulation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1045-1053, Sep./Oct. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.158828
- G.S. Buja and M.P. Kazmierkowski, "Direct torque control of PWM inverter-fed AC motors - A survey," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 744-757, Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.831717
- P.L. Jansen and R.D. Lorenz, "Observer-based direct field orientation: analysis and comparison of alternative methods," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 945-953, July/Aug. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.297911
- J.-K. Kang and S.-K. Sul, "New direct torque control of induction motor for minimum torque ripple and constant switching frequency," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1076-1082, Sep./Oct. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.793368
- D.-H. Lee, Y.-J. An, and E.-C. Nho, "A High performance direct torque control scheme of permanent magnet synchronous motor," in Conf. IEEE PEDS, pp. 1361-1366, 2007.
- Y. Zhang and J. Zhu, "Direct torque control of permanent magnet synchronous motor with reduced torque ripple and commutation frequency," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 235-248, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2059047
- K.-K. Shyu, J.-K. Lin, V.-T. Pham, M.-J. Yang, and T.-W. Wang, "Global minimum torque ripple design for direct torque control of induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 3148-3156, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2038401
- Y. Ren, Z. Zhu, and J. Liu, "Direct torque control of permanent-magnet synchronous machine drives with a simple duty ratio regulator," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 5249-5258, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2300070
- Y. Zhang and J. Zhu, "A novel duty cycle control strategy to reduce both torque and flux ripples for DTC of permanent magnet synchronous motor drives with switching frequency reduction," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 3055-3067, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2129577
- J.-K. Kang and S.-K. Sul, "Analysis and prediction of inverter switching frequency in direct torque control of induction machine based on hysteresis bands and machine parameters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 1076-1082, June 2001.
- M. Pacas and J. Weber, "Predictive direct torque control for the PM synchronous machine," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1350-1356, Oct. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.855662
- E. Flach, R. Hoffmann, and P. Mutschler, "Direct mean torque control of an induction motor," in Proc. EPE, vol. 3, pp. 672-677, 1997.
- F. Niu, B. Wang, A.S. Babel, K. Li and E.G. Strangas, "Comparative evaluation of direct torque control strategies for permanent magnet synchronous machines," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 1408-1424, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2421321
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)