- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Machine Learning Perspective Gene Optimization for Efficient Induction Machine Design
- Selvam, Ponmurugan Panneer (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Sri Krishna College of Technology) ;
- Narayanan, Rengarajan (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nandha Engineering College)
- Received : 2017.10.21
- Accepted : 2017.12.14
- Published : 2018.05.01
In this paper, induction machine operation efficiency and torque is improved using Machine Learning based Gene Optimization (ML-GO) Technique is introduced. Optimized Genetic Algorithm (OGA) is used to select the optimal induction machine data. In OGA, selection, crossover and mutation process is carried out to find the optimal electrical machine data for induction machine design. Initially, many number of induction machine data are given as input for OGA. Then, fitness value is calculated for all induction machine data to find whether the criterion is satisfied or not through fitness function (i.e., objective function such as starting to full load torque ratio, rotor current, power factor and maximum flux density of stator and rotor teeth). When the criterion is not satisfied, annealed selection approach in OGA is used to move the selection criteria from exploration to exploitation to attain the optimal solution (i.e., efficient machine data). After the selection process, two point crossovers is carried out to select two crossover points within a chromosomes (i.e., design variables) and then swaps two parent's chromosomes for producing two new offspring. Finally, Adaptive Levy Mutation is used in OGA to select any value in random manner and gets mutated to obtain the optimal value. This process gets iterated till finding the optimal value for induction machine design. Experimental evaluation of ML-GO technique is carried out with performance metrics such as torque, rotor current, induction machine operation efficiency and rotor power factor compared to the state-of-the-art works.
Induction motor;annealed selection;Adaptive Levy Mutation;two point crossovers;fitness function;optimized genetic algorithm
- Soumya Ranjan and Sudhansu Kumar Mishra, "Multi-objective Design Optimization of Three-Phase Induction Motor Using NSGA-II Algorithm," Computational Intelligence in Data Mining, Springer, vol. 2, pp. 1-8, Dec. 2015.
- Sadegh Hesari and Mohammad Bagher Naghibi Sistani, "Efficiency Improvement of Induction Motor using Fuzzy-Genetic Algorithm," International Journal of Smart Electrical Engineering, Springer, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 79-85, 2015.
- Gyorgy T and Biro K.A, "Genetic Algorithm based design optimization of a three-phase induction machine with external rotor," Intl Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines & Power Electronics (ACEMP), pp. 462-467, 2015.
- Souad Chaouch, Latifa Abdou, Said Drid and Larbi Chrifi-Alaoui, "Optimized Torque Control via Backstepping using Genetic Algorithm of Induction Motor," Automatika - Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Computing and Communications, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 379-386, 2016.
- Jesse de Pelegrin, Cesar Rafael Claure Torrico and Emerson Giovani Carati, "A Model-Based Suboptimal Control to Improve Induction Motor Efficiency," Journal of Control, Automation and Electrical Systems, Springer, vol. 27, no.1, pp. 69-81, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40313-015-0216-0
- Vahid Rashtchi and Amir Ghasemian, "Efficiency Optimization of Induction Motor Drive using Modified Particle Swarm Optimization," International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EEIE'2013), pp. 14-18, Nov. 2013.
- Carlos Verucchi, Cristian Ruschetti, Esteban Giraldo, Guillermo Bossio and Jose Bossio, "Efficiency optimization in small induction motors using magnetic slot wedges," Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier, vol. 152, pp. 1-8, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2017.06.012
- Onur Misir, Seyed Morteza Raziee, Nabil Hammouche, Christoph Klaus, Rainer Kluge and Bernd Ponick, "Prediction of Losses and Efficiency for Three-Phase Induction Machines Equipped with Combined Star-Delta Windings," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 3579-3587, July-August 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2017.2693958
- Branko Blanusa and Bojan Knezevic, "Simple Hybrid Model for Efficiency Optimization of Induction Motor Drives with Its Experimental Validation," Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Advances in Power Electronics, vol. 2013, pp.1-8, Feb. 2013.
- Fethi Farhani, Abderrahmen Zaafouri and Abdelkader Chaari, "Real Time Induction Motor Efficiency Optimization," Journal of the Franklin Institute, Springer, vol. 354, no. 8, pp. 3289-3304, May. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2017.02.012
- Raghuram A and Shashikala V, "Design and Optimization of Three Phase Induction Motor using Genetic Algorithm," International Journal of Advances in Computer Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 70-76, June 2013.
- Rushi Kumar K and Sridhar S, "A Genetic Algorithm Based Neuro Fuzzy Controller for the Speed Control of Induction Motor," International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 7837-7846, Sep. 2015.
- Mehdi Bigdeli, Davood Azizian and Ebrahim Rahimpour, "An Improved Big Bang-Big Crunch Algorithm for Estimating Three-Phase Induction Motors Efficiency," Journal of Operation and Automation in Power Engineering, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 83-92, 2016.
- Chirindo M, Khan M.A and Barendse P.S., "Considerations for Nonintrusive Efficiency Estimation of Inverter-Fed Induction Motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 741-749, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2477801
- Maher Al-Badri, Pragasen Pillay and Pierre Angers, "A Novel Algorithm for Estimating Refurbished Three-Phase Induction Motors Efficiency Using Only No-Load Tests," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 615-625, June 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2014.2361258
- Camila P. S., Wilson C. S., Luiz E. Borges da Silva, Germano Lambert-Torres, Erik L. Bonaldi, Levy E. L. de Oliveira and Jonas G. Borges da Silva, "Induction Motor Efficiency Evaluation using a New Concept of Stator Resistance," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 2908-2917, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2015.2437632
- Vladimir Sousa Santosa, Percy Viego Felipe and Julio Gomez Sarduy, "Bacterial foraging algorithm application for induction motor field efficiency estimation under unbalanced voltages," Measurement, Elsevier, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 2232-2237, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2013.03.019
- Abbas Shiri and Abbas Shoulaie, "Multi-objective optimal design of low-speed linear induction motor using genetic algorithm," Electrical Review, Iran University of Science and Technology, pp. 185-191, 2012.
- Hamid Reza Mohammadi and Ali Akhavan, "Parameter Estimation of Three-Phase Induction Motor Using Hybrid of Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization," Journal of Engineering, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, vol. 2014, pp. 1-6, 2014.
- Mehmet Cunkas, "Intelligent design of induction motors by multiobjective fuzzy genetic algorithm," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 393-402, Aug. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-008-0187-0