- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Voltage Stabilization Technology Using Photovoltaic Generation Simulator in Three-Level Bipolar Type DC Microgrid
- Kim, Taehoon ;
- Kim, Juyong ;
- Cho, Jintae ;
- Jung, Jae-Seung
- Received : 2017.08.16
- Accepted : 2018.02.01
- Published : 2018.05.01
Voltage stabilization is an essential component of power quality in low voltage DC (LVDC) microgrid. The microgrid demands the interconnection of a number of small distributed power resources, including variable renewable generators. Therefore, the voltage can be maintained in a stable manner through the control of these distributed generators. In this study, we did research on the new advanced operating method for a photovoltaic (PV) simulator in order to achieve interconnection to a bipolar LVDC microgrid. The validity of this voltage stabilization method, using the distributed generators, is experimentally verified. The test LVDC microgrid is configured by connecting the developed PV simulator and DC load, DC line, and AC/DC rectifier for connecting the main AC grid. The new advanced control method is applied to the developed PV simulator for the bipolar LVDC grid in order to stabilize the gird voltage. Using simulation results, the stabilization of the grid voltage by PV simulator using the proposed control method is confirmed the through the simulation results in various operation scenarios.
Photovoltaic generation;PV simulator;DC micro-grid;Grid voltage stabilization;Three-level bipolar grid
- S. Y. Kang, K. H. Kim, "Simulator Development for Stand Alone PV System Design," Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics Conference, pp. 383-388, 2003.
- B. H. Jeong, J. M. Park, G. B. Cho, H. L. Baek and S. B. Chung, "Implementation of the 50kW Utility Interconnected Photovoltaic System Simulator," Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 12. pp. 21-27, 2005.
- R. H. Lasseter, "Smart distribution: Coupled microgrids," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1074-1082, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2011.2114630
- J. J. Justo, F. Mwasilu, J. Lee and J. W. Jung, "AC-micro grids versus DC-microgrid with distributed energy resources: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 24, pp. 387-405, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.03.067
- A. Ali, A. Farooq, Z. Muhammad, F. Habib and S. A. Malik, "A review: DC Microgrid Control and Energy Management System," International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Science, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 24-30, 2015.
- H. J. Song, K. W. Park and E. K. Kim, "Design and Implementation of Stand-alone Microgrid Monitoring System for Green Energy Independence Island," The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 527-532, 2015. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.4.527
- Y. Gu, X. Xiang, W. Li and X. He, "Mode-Adaptive Decentralized Control for Renewable DC Microgrid With Enhanced Reliability and Flexibility," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 5072-5080, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2294204
- W. Panbao, W. Wei, X. Dianguo, L. Guihua and L. Ming, "An Autonomous Control Scheme for DC Micro-Grid System," Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2013 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE, pp. 10-13, 2013.
- T. H. Han, J. H. Lee, H. J. Kim and B. M. Han, "Optimized Design and Coordinated Control for Stand-alone DC Micro-grid," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 63-71, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.1.63
- K. Shenai, K. Shah, "Smart DC Micro-grid for Efficient Utilization of Distribution Renewable Energy," Energytech (IEEE), 2011.
- A. F. Moreno, E. Mojica-Nava, "LVDC microgrid perspective for a high efficiency distribution system," Transmission & Distribution Conference and Exposition - Latin America, 2014 IEEE PES.
- K. B. Lee, K. M. Son and I. S. Jeon, "A Study on the Simulation Model of PV Generation System for its Application to Real Power System," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 70-78. 2008. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2008.22.6.070
- S. M. Lee, Y. H. Chun, "Assessment of Optimal Constitution Rate of Windturbine and Photovoltaic Sources for Stable Operation of Microgrid," The Transaction of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 272-276, 2010.
- M. Valentini, A. Raducu, D. Sera and R. Teodorescu, "PV inverter test setup for European efficiency, static and dynamic MPPT efficiency evaluation," 2008 11th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment, pp. 22-24, May 2008.
- Y. Gu, W. Li and X. He, "Analysis and Control of Bipolar LVDC Grid with DC Symmetrical Component Method," IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 685-694, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2015.2403310
- G. Byeon, C. S Hwang, J. H. Jeon, S. K. Kim, J. Y. Kim, K. Kim, B. Ko and E. S. Kim, "Complementary Power Control of the Bipolar-type Low Voltage DC Distribution System," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 786-794, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.786
- H. Kakigano, Y. Miura and T. Ise, "Low-Voltage Bipolar-Type DC Microgrid for High Quality Distribution," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 3066-3075, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2077682
- L. Xu, D. Chen, "Control and Operation of a DC Microgrid With Variable Generation and Energy Storage," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2513-2522, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2011.2158456