- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Characteristics and Interactions of MSNG on User Satisfaction
MSNG의 특성과 상호작용이 사용자만족에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- 오은해 (대구한의대학교 통상경제학부)
- Received : 2018.02.06
- Accepted : 2018.03.17
- Published : 2018.04.28
On top of presenting the possibility of expanding the game space to social space through mobile communication, MSNG reinforces the strengths of SNS and the fun of games through closer networks between users. This study empirically verified the effects of the characteristics of MSNG on interactions and user satisfaction by dividing the main characteristics of MSNG into graphics, challenge spirit, and reward, and then dividing the main characteristics of mobile social network service into social interaction and technical interaction. In the results of study, the main characteristics of MSNG such as graphics, challenge spirit, and reward all had significant effects on the social interaction and technical interaction while the social interaction and technical interaction of MSNG also had significant effects on the user satisfaction, so that the hypotheses of this study were all selected. The influence of the characteristics of MSNG on interactions might be because of shared feedbacks through graphics, game tasks, and reward in the performance process of MSNG, and such interactions make diverse people have the horizontal or circular communication, which is led to the increase of user satisfaction.
- KISA, 2016 Survey on the Internet Usage Summary Report, 2017.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency, Report on Smart phone usage situation for the first half of 2012, 2013.
- B. T. Choi, Industry Analysis, Linking the World to Online Games-SNG-Games, HMC Investment Securities, 2010.
- S. J. Yoon, What is a platform?, Hanbit Beads, 2012.
- H. H. Lee, S. S. Kim, and M. S. Lee, "The Effect of Game Contents on User's Intention of Use in Mobile Social Network Games," Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol.15, No.1, pp.17-26, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2015.15.1.17
- KOCCA, Korea Game White Paper, pp.70-78, 2014.
- J. H. Jo, KakaoTalk subscriber hit 100 million, khan, 2013.
- KISA, 2012 smartphone use situation survey, 2012.
- Y. K. Kang, Korea became one thanks to Anifang, Midas, 2013.
- OSEN, Online games, cumulative downloads exceeding 100 million ... The arrival of the global game platform, 2013.
- H. C. Kim, S. L. Huh, and J. H. Chio, "Factors affecting the continuous use intention of smartphone Social Network Games : With a focus on the value model," Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol.12, No.3, pp.11-24, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2012.12.3.11
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The psychology of optimal experience, New Yori: Harper and Row, 1990.
- E. H. Oh and C. S. Kim, "A Study on the Characteristics of Digital Games Affecting the Flow, Perceived Enjoyment, and Intention to Use of Digital Games: Concerning the Users of Paid and Free Games," The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.9, No.3, pp.133-166, 2009.
- J. Steve, N. Lisa, C. Sabryna, and G. Margaret, "Let the Games Begin - Gaming Technology and Entertainment among College Students," Pew Internet & American Life Project 2003, 2003.
- S. J. Lee, "A Study on the effects of flow on customer satisfaction and Brand loyalty in mobile games," The Graduate School of Chonnam National University Master's Thesis, 2006.
- D. S. Choi, S. J. Park, and J. W. Kim, "A Structured analysis model of customer loyalty in online games," Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, Vol.11, No.3, pp.1-21, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2575.2001.011001001.x
- C. Crawford, "Art of Computer game design," McGraw-Hill, 1984.
- C. Clanton, "An Interpreted Demonstration Computer game design," 98CHI conference, pp.1-2, 1998.
- G. Costikyan, Why Online Games Suck, 1998.
- E. H. Oh, "Mobile Game Business Acceptance strategies of Mobile Game Service Types," IMDHU, Vol.28, pp.43-68, 2012.
- S. C. Lee, N. H. Kim, and Y. H. Seo, "The Effect of flow and addiction upon satisfaction and customer loyalty in online games," Korean Management Review, Vol.32, No.5, pp.1479-1501, 2003.
- J. J. Jung and T. U. Kim, "An Exploratory study for identifying success factors in On-line games: Analysis of game players behavior," Korea Information Processing Society, 10-D(6), pp.1049-1058, 2003.
- Y. S. Ko, "A Study on the antecedents of flow in online game," Department of Business Adminstration, The Graduate School of Konkuk University Master's Thesis, 2011.
- J. Baron, Glory and Shame: Powerful Psychology in Multiplayer Online Games, Gamasutra, 1999.
- J. J. Jung, "An Empirical study for identifying players' loyalty factors in online game," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol.7, No.4, pp.484-495, 2004.
- Y. E. Kim and S. H. Park, "A Study on the online game use influences in game flow and addiction," Korean Journal of Journalism and Communication Studies, Vol.51, No.1, pp.355-496, 2007.
- J. E. Park, Y. S. Chio, and H. I. Kwon, "An Empirical Study on the factors affecting the serious game flow," Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol.19, pp.85-93, 2009.
- M. Chayko, Porvy communities: The social dynamics of online and mobile connectedness, SUNY Press, 2008.
- B. Betsy, "Moving beyond the game: Social virtual worlds," The State of Play 2 conference, 2004.
- S. Rafaeli, "Interactivity: From New Media to Communication in Advancing Communication Science," Sage Annual Review of Communication Research, 16, Sage Publications, pp.110-134, 1988.
- D. L. Hoffman and T. P. Novak, "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations," Journal of Marketing, Vol.60, pp.50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- G. Wu, "Perceived Interactivity and Attitudes Toward Web Sites," in Marilya Roberts eds., The Proceedings of the American Academy of Conference, Granville, Univ. of Florida, pp.254-262, 1999.
- L. Yuping and L. J. Shrum, "What is Interactivity and is it Always Such a Good Thing? Implications of Definition, Person, and Situation for the Influence of Interactivity on Advertising Effectiveness," Journal of Advertising, Vol.31, No.4, pp.53-64, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2002.10673685
- D. R. Fotin and R. R. Dholakia, "Interactivity and Vividness Effects on Social Presence and Involvement with a Web-Based Advertisement," Journal of Business Research, Vol.58, pp.387-396, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00106-1
- N. Y. Park, A Study on the mobile interaction design research in terms of 'flow': For mobile game design, The Graduate school of Hong -Ik University Master's Thesis, 2004.
- K. K. Kang, An Effect of the online game attribute on the flow factor and game loyalty, The Graduate School of Kyungpook National University Master's Thesis, 2007.
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp.319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- V. Venkatesh, "Determinants of Perceived Ease of Use: Integrating Control, Intrinsic Motivation, and Emotion into the Technology Acceptance Model," Information Systems Research, Vol.11, No.4, pp.342-365, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.11.4.342.11872
- E. M. Rogers, Diffusion of Innovations, 4th Edition, Free Press: New York, 1995.
- J. Nielsen, Usability Engineering, Academic Press, New York, 1993.
- M. Fishbein and I. Ajzen, "Belief, Attitude, Intention, and Behavior: An Introducetion to Theory and Research," Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- K. H. Han and T. U. Kim, "Factors influencing users' intension to play mobile games: A Combination of game-contents traits and mobile handset's capabilities into the technology acceptance model," Information Systems Review, Vol.7, No.2, pp.41-59, 2005.
- J. A. Ghani and S. P. Deshpande, "Task Characteristics and the Experience of Optimal Folw in Human-Computer Interaction," The Journal of Psychology, Vol.128, No.4, pp.381-391, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223980.1994.9712742
- L. K. Trevino and J. Webster, "Flow in computer -mediated communication," Communication Research, Vol.19, No.5, pp.539-573, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365092019005001
- J. K. Son, Y. J. Moon, and J. H. Lee, "The Effects of Social Commerce Attributes on Trust, Commitment, and Loyalty," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.2, pp.265-275, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.02.265
- Sheth, Bruce, I. Newmann, and L. Brabara, Gross, "Consuption Value and Market Choice: Theory and Application," NewYork: South - western Publishing, 1991.